• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gamez235

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Mar 24, 2009
    Upstate
    I am a coffee snob.. I drink it black, but am pretty particular about teh beans. I used to search out select beans, and will almost never drink a big box coffee brand.. Must be fair trade and almost a "select flavor"

I know that being in the Army I should be able to drink coffee made with JP-5... However our FRG while I was in Iraq sent us nothing but Top Shelf coffee. I am now a fan of any bean that has been grown on the island of Kona... Being stationed in Hawaii allowed for a unlimited supply, and has forever distorted my view on the morning joe...

What brands, special additives do you enjoy... More important, what activities are enjoyed with the morning brew..

I prefer a cup of the Hawaiian Grown Joe over a heaping pile of INGO threads, and toast..

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    What brands, special additives do you enjoy... More important, what activities are enjoyed with the morning brew..

I prefer a cup of the Hawaiian Grown Joe over a heaping pile of INGO threads, and toast..
    I lurve my coffee.
    food-smiley-010.gif

I use 8 O'Clock brand...grind them myself for each brew (burr grinder), I use R.O. water, vanilla creamer, and a shot of whatever Starbucks syrup I'm in the mood for. Most lately, "Cinnamon Dulce".
    It's decent. :) I usually use a gold screen in my automatic drip (no paper filters!), or a French Press. Sometimes for special stuff, I'll use my vintage Cory vacuum pot. But you gotta be REALLY special for me to wait that long for coffee to brew. :p
    I'm not really a "breakfast" type...so I have coffee with the intarwebz.
    Check mail, and the new posts/PMs at 3 forums. :)

rmcrob

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2008
    Plainfield
    I love good coffee, but I can drink almost any coffee. Straight up.

For daily consumption, convenience trumps quality. I use a Krups pod machine with some decent Folgers Columbian pods.

At work, it's the swill in the deli, although they do have a coffee shop brand that is only marginally better for twice the price.

I sometimes bring Starbucks Via to work. By far the best instant ever, but still... It is, however, better than the deli coffee.

When I have time to get it, I like the Pike Place blend at Starbucks.

My son is definitely a coffee snob. He roasts his own beans, and the Guatemalan beans roasted by him make some of the best coffee I've had.

But no matter the coffee, I never, never, never carry it out of the house without practicing with it first.

Last edited:

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville

;)

I enjoy good beans from several different regions and prefer these distinctions rather than flavor additives.
    I remember a place in Lafayette called "Hoops" that served pure Kona as their house coffee. I ate breakfast there frequently.:yesway: I wonder if they are still in business?:dunno:

I will still drink crap coffee when that's all that's available (or it's free.)

I like to eat bacon with my coffee.:rockwoot:

Gamez235

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Mar 24, 2009
    Upstate
    I once drank coffee untested before a mission, and after about 6 minutes after we exited the gate..... Well lets just say I ran through the first house fast enough to find a nice quiet place to finish.

jmiller676

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    18 feet up
    I like Folgers Black Silk and drink it black. I drink it while watching CMT with my new dog. Black Silk is my favorite but I'll drink just about any coffee...except decaf.

photoshooter

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 6, 2009
    Indianapolis
    If you're on the northside of Indy, head to Noble Coffee and Tea on the square in Noblesville.

They roast their own, and have a wide range of flavored coffee. I love the Jamaica-me-crazy blend.

theweakerbrother

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Bartholomew County, IN
    Jahred, I am much more of a beer person than I am a coffee person. But on occasion, I really love a medium to bold flavor of coffee. The church I go to, believe it or not, has some coffee snobs that volunteer to make fair trade and coffees from around the world. One of the coffee suppliers is actually from Haiti. It is mission's based and has helped a lot of jobless people in Haiti develop a trade to support their families. It is fairly bold... if you'd like a pound of it to try, let me know. I've only had it made via French Press and it is delicious. Let a brother know!

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I was given a Keurig one cup brewing station for Christmas. I was greatful yet sceptical at first. It came with an assortment of different pods of coffee and teas and I went through them rather quickly.

They all were excellent, but my favorites are Newman's bold and Caribou brands.

It even came with a device that allows you to use your own grounds - but getting the perfect grind takes a little practice.

It heats the water and puts out a cup faster than it takes to toast my bread. So i I'm in a hurry, I can time it just right.

But I still love the french press method and I'll always do it if I have the time.

SirRealism

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    I buy Indonesian Sumatra Retro (green) from BurmanCoffee.com.
    Roast it at home.
    Hand-crank grinder as coarse as I can get it.
    French press.
    Served black.
    Yum.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    The biggest issue I have with restraunt coffe has been it not being hot enough. When they pour your fresh cup it should be hot enough to only sip.:)

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    I know this won't be popular here and make me less of a man but I
    quit coffee this year.
    After a few days the morning headaches were gone.
    I had the headaches until I got my joe but now the monkey is off my back.

I will still have a cappuccino on occasion like after dinner or something but the daily grind is out.

I would like to try coffee someday made by these guys though, just to say I did.
    Kopi Luwak - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    civet-coffee.gif

:)

spasmo

ಠ_ಠ
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    If you're on the northside of Indy, head to Noble Coffee and Tea on the square in Noblesville.

They roast their own, and have a wide range of flavored coffee. I love the Jamaica-me-crazy blend.

They have some nice Chai Latte flavors as well. I hate the taste of coffee. I love the smell though. I do love Chai Latte though. Yummy.

Top Bottom