• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mikeshep1462

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 17, 2012
    Sweetser
    Very nice! I cherish the firearms inherited from my grandfather. Is it just me, or does it seem like grandpas always have the coolest guns!?

Winamac

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 11, 2011
    Logansport
    I started this thread a long time ago and finally made time to take a few shots of two of the fore mentioned rifles. ***Having some trouble loading the the other one, I'll keep trying***

View attachment 25015View attachment 25016View attachment 25017View attachment 25018

I am a Marlin lover and that is one SU-WHEAT Marlin. Congrats!!! NEVER, I REPEAT NEVER refinish the wood or metal on this beautiful rifle. I know Marlin collectors that would give their left nad to own a piece like this in this condition. Enjoy!!!:yesway:

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    That's a fine piece of family heritage and American history too. Great of your Grandpa to pass them down to you, but it's great that he had someone in the family to care for and appreciate them as well. Hopefully someday when the time comes, you can pass them down to a family member who will be as appreciative as you are. :yesway:

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    That's very cool. There were no shooters in my family. The only gun ever passed down belonged to my mom's father. It is a trap door Springfield (Model?) rifle and I recently gave it to my older brother as he's sort of assumed the role of family historian. Accordingly, I am the grandfather/uncle who will be passing guns down. I started a few years ago and will continue. Got one in particular in safe keeping waiting for a grandson who is about to make Eagle Scout. I hope he relishes having it as much as I will giving it to him.

macafly

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2014
    Fort Wayne
    Very fortunate. No shooters in my family. Thought my Mom was gonna have a cow when my dad got me the crossman 760. My wife's Dad had a few long guns, but they went to her brother. I hope to have a long enough life to pass on the enjoyment to my grandkids. Congrats.

Top Bottom