• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Well, the convictions were thrown out because the prosecutors vented about the murderous gang online. :wallbash:

Justice Dept. officials' online trash talk torpedoes Danziger Bridge verdicts - CNN.com

"NONE of these guys should had have [sic] ever been given a badge," the commenter, identified only as "legacyusa," wrote. "We should research how they got on the police department, who trained them, who supervised them and why were they ever been promoted. You put crap in -- you get crap out!!!"

"Legacyusa" turned out to be one of the top federal prosecutors in New Orleans. His post was just one of many anonymous barbs that led a federal judge Tuesday to throw out the convictions of those ex-cops in the Danziger Bridge shootings, which left two people dead and four seriously wounded.

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    I caught bits and pieces of a similar story (might even have been this one) on the PBS station a few weeks ago.

I am afraid our current direction as a country will only increase the prevalence of such incidents.

Yep... we're doomed

MTC

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    The USA in New Orleans resigned last December. This was not a surprise.

I would be shocked if DoJ does not appeal this.
    Professor,

Does this mean the case can go higher, whether or not someone failed to heed your dictum to keep baconhole shut?

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    Where is Eric Holder? This is a real travesty of justice, and not some ambiguous self defense case like Zimmerman...so where is the liberal media---the people who want only cops to have AR-15's--and why aren't they using this to prevent it from happening again?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Where is Eric Holder? This is a real travesty of justice, and not some ambiguous self defense case like Zimmerman...so where is the liberal media---the people who want only cops to have AR-15's--and why aren't they using this to prevent it from happening again?

The media is complacent in these cover ups. It does not feed into their current agenda so no coverage.

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    The media is complacent in these cover ups. It does not feed into their current agenda so no coverage.

But didn't cops shoot and kill unarmed black men? This is a REAL problem we have in this country. It fits their agenda doesn't it? Were the cops also black then? Is that why we hear nothing? Or is it because they simply don't want us to know what would happen to us if only police had AR-15's!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    But didn't cops shoot and kill unarmed black men? This is a REAL problem we have in this country. It fits their agenda doesn't it? Were the cops also black then? Is that why we hear nothing? Or is it because they simply don't want us to know what would happen to us if only police had AR-15's!

No idea as to racial make up.

As to the last....maybe so.

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel

I believe it was 2 black/2 white officers convicted of the killings/executions with a white police sgt. covering it up. The victims were black, apparently this bridge connects two middle class black neighborhoods. It's amazing to me that the public and press got worked up over Zimmerman/Martin, which looks and found to be justified, but almost completely ignored and continues to ignore these police murders of citizens. Simply shocking.

CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Danziger_Bridge_shootings#Retrial_Ordered
    Retrial Ordered
    On Sept. 17, 2013, U.S. District Court Judge Kurt Englehardt ordered a new trial for Bowen, Faulcon, Gisevius, Villavaso and Kaufman. In his order, Englehardt cited what he called "highly unusual, extensive and truly bizarre actions" by prosecutors -- specifically, leaks to certain media outlets and comments that were posted by members of the U.S. Attorney's Office in online forums. Defense attorneys who appealed the convictions argued, successfully, that the actions amounted to a public relations campaign against their clients.https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Danziger_Bridge_shootings#cite_note-25
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Danziger_Bridge_shootings#cite_note-25

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    It's amazing to me that the public and press got worked up over Zimmerman/Martin, which looks and found to be justified, but almost completely ignored and continues to ignore these police murders of citizens. Simply shocking.

I see stories of sadistic behavior, if not outright murder, from agents of the government on practically a daily basis. Yet these stories rarely get one syllable of mention on the national airwaves. Contrast that with the months worth of 24/7 coverage of a nationally insignificant story like Zimmerman's.

How many people know the names of John T. Williams, Jose Guerena, Kelly Thomas, Aiyana Jones, Daniel Chong, Todd Blair, Christopher Harris, Patricia A. Cook, Wendell Allen, Ethan Saylor....??

How many minutes of airtime did FOX & CNN bother to report to give these cases? (rhetorical)

Nobody can argue that these stories wouldn't drive in ratings. They are each infuriating in their own way. They could easily drag out coverage of any of them for weeks.

Yet the silence is deafening. Reporting these stories might actually lead to meaningful reforms and public awareness. But that's not part of the agenda.

I am no longer shocked when real news is buried. I am shocked when it is reported.

Top Bottom