• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • boileralum

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 6, 2010
    Indy
    A gift card is on their books as a liability until it's used. They have your money, but it's not in the "asset" column. It's like you've given them an interest-free loan that they haven't repaid yet.

Actually, the cash received is in the Assets column, and the outstanding gift card credit is under Liabilities, so it all balances out:

Assets = Liabilities + Equity

zippy23

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 20, 2012
    Noblesville
    Why the rant? they are crazy busy, taking a number is really the only way for a store like that to help that many people and make it fair. Yes their prices are high, are people buying? YUP, and if you owned the store you would be making a mint, stop hating on people making money, yeah i dont buy there, unless its ammo, because they will PRICE MATCH AMMO from online retailers, example, i bought some 270 WSM and they price matched cabella's backorder sale price, all i had to do was show them the price on my phone and they did it. THAT IS GREAT. They wont price match on guns so dont buy them there. And dont trade in your guns there either cuz you get 60% of what they are worth. People are paying these ridiculous prices, this is how it works, if you made something that someone wanted real bad would you sell it for 50% less than you could get? NOPE, you would make as much as you can in as little time as possible, that is really the whole point of working. They have the best selection in indiana no doubt, go there, handle whatever you want, ask as many questions as you can, then find it somewhere else cheaper!!! goodness people hate on other people for making money. ridiculous.

Osprey

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 13, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I like Gander Mountain, Dicks Sporting Goods, Dunhams, Walmart, LGSs, Gun Shows, Cheaper Than Dirt, Sportsmans Guide, etc. I have no problem going to any of these places nor do I boycott anyplace for whatever reason. I go where I believe the prices are good. Saving dollars is what matters to me because that buys more stuff. Buying a gun is just like buying anything else with or without sales help.

tomaustin

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2012
    I think you should go to the store, find the general manager, and tell him that you are offended by the sales staff who did not respond quickly to you even though you were not a buyer and would never buy from them, but would take their sales time away from other bonafide customers.....you must be 12 years old to act out in this manner....you got exactly what you went to the store to get-----NOTHING..........

danielson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Napoleon
    Good.. Im tired of hearing people ***** about a store THEY DONT HAVE TO FREQUENT.

If you hate them so much, why dont you give your gift card away?

calum

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    N.Central Indiana
    I had a very positive experience at Gander Mountain with price matching.

I got a $100 GM gift card for Christmas. I went to the store in Lafayette and observed (as many people have said) that a lot of stuff is overpriced, including the MS3 Mapul sling they had in stock for $75. Since I had been looking at it anyway, I knew this price to be high, and I left discouraged, hoping to find a sale or another time to shop when I could get more value for my fun money.

I then read on this forum about the price match policy, and called customer service. Not only were they helpful and friendly, they offered to price match and bumped the price up by a nickel so I met the $50 threshold for free shipping. Merry Christmas to me.

These results were duplicated... I told my brother in law who also got a GM card and wanted the same sling about it, and he got same offer.

I'll be going back, especially armed with information about low prices other places. I think they're pretty good with price matching.

Flinttim

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2011
    Reminds me of my old Uncle who would drop one in the room and then slide out without saying anything.LOL

GunsNstuff

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 92.3%
    12   1   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    Indianapolis, IN
    Their gun prices are ridiculous. I don't know how they sell guns at that place. They want new or more than new prices for used guns. A new gun price at Gander would get you the same gun, ammo and a holster at Bradis.

timsdl72

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2013
    West Lafayette
    They are able to sell guns at their prices because not everybody wants to run the gamut of good 'ole boys hanging around at the LGS. The multiple chairs and couches full of swearing , bragging, camo wearing, coffee swilling know-it-alls is a bit of a deterrent to some. I happen to love the entertainment value unless I'm actually trying to buy something and can't get service. I can name at least three stores in Lafayette who have that problem or are closed because of it. One other who may be moving to a new location soon mentioned wanting to place a couch out in the store for people to sit on. Guess they're tired of business going well also.
    I prefer and FFL who can order for me when I tell him what I want. Love having a stocking dealer but nobody can have everything on the shelf at the lowest possible prices. GM is high because they have such a variety of merchandise (some of which will sit for months).

PGRChaplain

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Waynedale (FT Wayne)
    I have bought 1 Handgun from G/M in Ft Wayne. Salesperson was knowledgeable and they had it for the lowest price I could find. They are also the only store here that stocks my Double Secret Fishing Lure (cheaper than I can find online). The remodel to bring them into the gun business Big Time. Epic Fail! Prices are too high, new staff are clueless. I will continue to buy fishing stuff and cruise for other deals.

ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish
    Their gun prices are ridiculous. I don't know how they sell guns at that place. They want new or more than new prices for used guns. A new gun price at Gander would get you the same gun, ammo and a holster at Bradis.

Yeah, but I can wear a loaded gun into GM. Hooah!

bought a 1000 round bulk pack of Remi 9mm there yesterday. $280 after tax. Not too shabby. I mean, I haven't opened it to make sure they are all there-I'll count them tomorrow. The thing that really pisses me off though; not a single one of the sales people offered a hug. I could have really used a hug yesterday. /so sad.

brew45

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 13, 2012
    I could care less about "wasting their time" honestly. They are hourly workers, not commission based that I know of, so they are there for the customer's use as long as they are clocked in. And why would I pay $200+ for a gun I could get cheaper down the road? Have you never test drove a car and not bought it? What's the difference? Wasting their time, pshh. Capitalism my friends, capitalism.

jdmack79

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Lawrence County
    I could care less about "wasting their time" honestly. They are hourly workers, not commission based that I know of, so they are there for the customer's use as long as they are clocked in. And why would I pay $200+ for a gun I could get cheaper down the road? Have you never test drove a car and not bought it? What's the difference? Wasting their time, pshh. Capitalism my friends, capitalism.
    Gander employees DO make commission.

joliverjr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2013
    Whiteland
    All this complaining about a company making money. . . Who knew such anti-capitalist threads would be popping up and actually receive support on a pro-gun site?

Top Bottom