• 2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Well, BW, that is the way I see it.

I do not recall any NRA member stating that the NRA is perfect. They are not Donald Trump after all.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Again, I don't have anything against the GOA, other than that their members seem repeatedly rude, to put it nicely.

How many times has the GOA met with the president this week?

Kdf101

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    Sullivan County
    I have and will continue to donate to the NRA and SAF. I don’t have anything particularly against GOA, I just don’t think they are as effective. The NRA is not perfect, but to listen to some people, they are practically the Brady foundation; which is just ridiculous. If you are waiting for an organization that you always agree with, you are gonna have a long wait. They are not perfect, but the opposition knows that the key to winning is to fracture gun owners and then eat the smaller pieces.

Falschirmjaeger

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2017
    Noblesville
    I have and will continue to donate to the NRA and SAF. I don’t have anything particularly against GOA, I just don’t think they are as effective. The NRA is not perfect, but to listen to some people, they are practically the Brady foundation; which is just ridiculous. If you are waiting for an organization that you always agree with, you are gonna have a long wait. They are not perfect, but the opposition knows that the key to winning is to fracture gun owners and then eat the smaller pieces.

Spot on. I'm in favor of people joining any or all of the various RKBA organizations. But the NRA (which ain't perfect, as you point out) has all the juice and therefore will continue to get my support and membership. NRA-hating gun owners benefit from the NRA's influence whether they like it or not.

Falschirmjaeger

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2017
    Noblesville
    From the link: "The gun lobby is very good at marketing themselves and guns in the wake of mass shootings,” said Shannon Watts, the founder of Moms Demand Action. “They specialize in exploiting shooting tragedies."

Pot, kettle...

Wow, talk about the nerve of that lady. All of the "marketing" is being done by the antis. Just that stupid CNN "town hall" alone probably resulted in thousands of new NRA memberships, and let's not forget the big uptick in purchases of guns, ammo, mags, and other goodies that is going on nationwide thanks to the gun-grabbers loudly trumpeting their ideas for "sensible" restrictions.

Really, the NRA should dedicate a statue to Watts for her continuing efforts to drive NRA membership and publicity.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    From the link: "The gun lobby is very good at marketing themselves and guns in the wake of mass shootings,” said Shannon Watts, the founder of Moms Demand Action. “They specialize in exploiting shooting tragedies."

Pot, kettle...
    Every time I see these ghouls after a shooting, IMHO, they act like they are dancing in the blood of the victims. They are the most vile disgusting people that I can think of.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Encouraging news.
    Fox News just reported that Google searches for NRA memberships have skyrocketed.
    The interesting part to me is, they reported that the searches started going up a week BEFORE the Parkland school shooting.

As of 1 week BEFORE Parkland, searches for NRA memberships are up 4900%
    I'm curious to see how the March 24th money-bomb will be reported...

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    Will definitely contribute to the NRA on 3-24-2018. They are basically all that stands between us and the further diminution of gun rights under 2A.

TWEAKD4

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 31, 2012
    NE Indiana
    How long does it take for NRA to recognize a new membership? I signed up a week ago and have not gotten a confirmation email.

Top Bottom