• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • theweakerbrother

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Bartholomew County, IN
    I know the differences between the two and paid a little bit of attention between the two models at the last AR Open House. The CTR locks into place a little more firmly than the MOE does and the CTR has a sling swivel built into the stock. :dunno:

I've got another build coming up and was wondering if the CTR was worth the price difference between the two? It is about 30-40% more just for the sling swivel and locking tube ability?

Thanks, INGO! :ingo:

remymartin

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 28, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I have 2 MOE's and love them. Huge upgrade from stock, they fit much better. I run single and dual point slings on mine with the rear point at the tube nut, not the stock. I wanted the CTR, but buying 2 of them was out of my budget.

theweakerbrother

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Bartholomew County, IN
    If I go the CTR route, I'm thinking about going with UDE for my Umbrella Corp. lower.

Chris, what about the CTR makes you biased towards it? What is already aforementioned with the tube lock and the swivel mount? Is it possible for you to get UDE as a Magpul dealer? I want something to make it stand out just a bit more than what I normally see in stock.

Not to threadjack my own thread but are we going to see another section of Build Deals from ISDpop up? Thoroughly enjoying my Streamlight PolyTac flashlight from the last 1500. I've got at least one thing I'll be picking up from you at the next build party if you're going to be in attendance.

Cwood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 30, 2008
    NE Ohio
    Yes, I like the CTR over the MOE just for the friction lock and the QD mount point.

UDE is an exclusive LaRue only color and can only be bought from LaRue.

I will be at the next build and here in the next week or so will be starting another thread with Build Deals.

Mrmonte

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 1, 2009
    Indy South Side
    The friction lock on my CTR is rock solid. Thats why I replaced the standard adjustable stock in the first place. Is there even an advantage by replacing a mil style adjustable stock with a MOE? I dont see what there is to gain, besides a stock that looks similar to the CTR?

amnate2529

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    Pendleton Indiana
    I have a CTR on my converted Saiga 12 i've put 1500 rounds through it with the CTR on and have been nothing but impressed W/the stock friction lock makes this thing rock solid. i would go with the CTR it's only another $30 bucks

byggpoppa

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    NW Indy
    I know the differences between the two and paid a little bit of attention between the two models at the last AR Open House. The CTR locks into place a little more firmly than the MOE does and the CTR has a sling swivel built into the stock. :dunno:

I've got another build coming up and was wondering if the CTR was worth the price difference between the two? It is about 30-40% more just for the sling swivel and locking tube ability?

Thanks, INGO! :ingo:
    worth it

Gamez235

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Mar 24, 2009
    Upstate
    I am a MOE guy myself.. The friction lock means nothing to me. Usually my armor or clothing keeps me from feeling the .025mm of wobble caused by not having a friction the lock. Or I am shooting to fast, moving position, or something else to notice it. To me that 30 bucks could have bought a bunch of spray paint, 5 boxes of ammo, 2 more mags, a case of beer and a steak, 10 pounds of bacon, or whatever for .025mm of wobble you'll only notice when you are sitting at home hating your M4 for getting so god awful dirty and wished you'd dropped 30 bucks on q-tips and a boresnake....

Top Bottom