www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Whoopsies!

Wait, does Russia have an equivalent to Mitchell Gant? If so are we sure this is really a punchout?

And who punches out on auto pilot? Is that like a desk pop? At $35M, that would be like a desk mag dump, reload/repeat until dry.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Whoopsies!

Wait, does Russia have an equivalent to Mitchell Gant? If so are we sure this is really a punchout?

And who punches out on auto pilot? Is that like a desk pop? At $35M, that would be like a desk mag dump, reload/repeat until dry.
    Maybe he thought he was in a flight sim

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I'm late to the party on this one.

First thought was, "I've never heard of the Military asking for the public's help finding a crash site." Seriously, .mil is really good at finding crash sites. They've had over a century of practice.

This would be the VSTOL (vertical/short take-off and landing) variant of the F-35 since it was a USMC aircraft.

Sure it's stealthy, but this thing shoulda been squawking all kinds of signals. This is Charleston, not Kirkuk or Ramadi.

There's generally a loud BOOM when the large hole is created. This is followed by a huge smoke plume.

MANY MANY years ago I heard of a 2-seater (T-38 IIRC) recovering and landing after the back-seater punched out. That wasn't auto-pilot, that was an instructor pilot with some mad-skills. It would be easier for a machine to recover than a human.

Maybe the AI punched him out of the aircraft and took off to complete the mission. :tinfoil:

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    At the Air Force museum in Dayton they have an F101 (I think, been a few years since I’ve been up there) that landed itself after the pilot ejected. I think it did a wheels up belly slide in the desert somewhere. Not many large flat areas in the northeast, though, aside from the Atlantic.

erasure

komm süßer tod
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2020
    merrrerrrmrerrerverre
    At the Air Force museum in Dayton they have an F101 (I think, been a few years since I’ve been up there) that landed itself after the pilot ejected. I think it did a wheels up belly slide in the desert somewhere. Not many large flat areas in the northeast, though, aside from the Atlantic.
    First thing I thought of.

Top Bottom