• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DarkRose

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    Columbus, Indiana
    Ok, got a question that might be dumb...

From what I've read (and also from what I've NOT read) my understanding is that somehow due to them doing a full NICS check for each sale, the CMP can ship a rifle to your door without needing to be an FFL??

Am I completely missing something, or is this correct?

Also... Confirmation... It says a CCW permit counts for the shooting related activity (or however it's worded), since Indiana just has a LTCH, is that still good?

Got my Garand Collector's membership, so hoping I'm good to go...

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    Ok, got a question that might be dumb...

From what I've read (and also from what I've NOT read) my understanding is that somehow due to them doing a full NICS check for each sale, the CMP can ship a rifle to your door without needing to be an FFL??

Am I completely missing something, or is this correct?

Also... Confirmation... It says a CCW permit counts for the shooting related activity (or however it's worded), since Indiana just has a LTCH, is that still good?

Got my Garand Collector's membership, so hoping I'm good to go...

I think you are correct on all accounts. However, a quick phone call to them should clear everything up for you.

TRWXXA

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2008
    Yep... FedExed right to your door. Adult signature will be required, so be sure you have someone home for the delivery. The Big White Truck keeps showing up at 0830 with my Garands.

The CMP sends you an e-mail with the FedEx tracking number, so you'll know when it's shipped. If you can't have someone home to sign for it, you'll have to call FedEx to arrange having the package held for pick up.

Wait time for a CMP order is usually about 4 weeks. Christmas rush and bad winter weather down south has them running about 7 weeks now -- maybe a little longer for first time orders.

03A3

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Shaker Prairie
    Take the time to make sure your paperwork is in order. I even went so far as to have the copies of my ID and LTCH notorized so they would know for sure they were legit.
    Don't forget to fill out and submit the checksheet. I can't remeber if it's form 4A or what. You'll see it.
    I've bought a lot of stuff from the CMP but never a firearm. It was just last week that I decided that I'd better get in on the Garand jackpot while I still could.
    They received my order on the 3rd, and emailed me today that it was received and the process was started.
    They did say that it could take 30 to 60 days.

DarkRose

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    Columbus, Indiana
    Yeah, my refund arrives later this week.
    My mother works for a lawyer, and he's a notary, so that should be good to go.

Yeah, I figured I'd get in before they were gone... Dad's all about the M1 Carbines, but I think they're just an ugly gun, but a Garand, or M1A, now that's a good-lookin workhorse of a rifle...

Top Bottom