• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    I stopped by Midwest Gun Exchange today and noticed that they had several Remington Bucket O Bullets (1400 rounds) I asked the price and was told that they are $140. .10 cents per round are you kidding me. :n00b:

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    That is about $60 cheaper than places I've seen them online...that are sold out. If you don't need them immediately, you could do the backorder on MidwayUSA for $59.99 (1 per customer).

Or go here Specials and a little bit down the page. In stock for $74.99.

dswilson

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 27, 2011
    Shelby County
    That is about $60 cheaper than places I've seen them online...that are sold out. If you don't need them immediately, you could do the backorder on MidwayUSA for $59.99 (1 per customer).

Or go here Specials and a little bit down the page. In stock for $74.99.

Wonder how much shipping from Australia runs?

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    I bought some from a fellow INGOer about 3 months ago for $50. He had shot less than 200 of them. My 4 yr old Grandson has been a happy shooter. INGO people ROCK

Lunati

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Warsaw
    $140 is steep, but I probably would have pulled the trigger on it just cause I cant find it anywhere. I can get a few boxes @ Walmart but I'd rather have some actual stock.

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Keep checking Walmart between 0700 and 0800. Check Dick's when they open on Friday morn, or whenever their delivery date is. Often catch a few boxes at a reasonable price that way.

Redtbird

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Apr 18, 2012
    Monroe County
    I stopped by Midwest Gun Exchange today and noticed that they had several Remington Bucket O Bullets (1400 rounds) I asked the price and was told that they are $140. .10 cents per round are you kidding me. :n00b:

Right now, $.10 a round isn't a 'bad' price. I recently bought some for $.15, got a 100 at the Gosport show for $.12, and have some coming soon for around $.11 a round. I know it isn't what it used to be, but right now I will take what I can get...within limits. If I saw what you saw, and had the free money, I would have likely went for it.

"Ya' take whacha kin git sumtimes!"

Just my $.02 from here...

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    $.10 per round is about an average rate these days. Not the cheapest around, but definitely not the most expensive either. Sure you used to be able to find a brick for $15 or less, but those days are sadly gone. You used to be able to buy a brand new 4 door car for under $10k as well, but try doing that today. I have definitely seen the Remington Bucket 'O Bullets for less than that, but everywhere they are listed, they are also sold out.

It's just the times we live in. Good news is... at least you can actually find .22 ammo on the shelves. Couldn't do that 6 months ago.

jcwit

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2009
    Dead Center on the End
    Talked to one of their salesmen at the range I frequent. Told him what my thoughts were of their business practices, he left the rifle range and trotted down to the pistol range with nothing more to say. Frankly he was little more than a bag of wind.

theslasher

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 28, 2013
    Knox
    Midwest is good for price gouging. Went in there over the summer looking for a colt xse and the salesman told me they nolonger sell colts and he wasnt at liberty to tell me why. Guy at work said a colt rep was in there and saw they were charging way over msrp and cut them off... Place is not the same since they built the new place. I deal with Blythes in valpo. In January they sold me an almost impossible to find Glock 19 gen 4 for $569. While i was filling out the paperwork i checked gunbroker in my phone and watched one sell for $1140

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    Went in there over the summer looking for a colt xse and the salesman told me they nolonger sell colts and he wasnt at liberty to tell me why. Guy at work said a colt rep was in there and saw they were charging way over msrp and cut them off... Place is not the same since they built the new place.

I can say with 100% certainty that you friend is incorrect. Midwest was not selling Colt for a while because of some disagreements but don't expect a salesman to tell the general public all the company's drama with a certain manufacturer.

At the end of the day, every gun store is in business to make money. The more money they make, the larger the business grows and the more product they can stock. Bigger building and bigger stock = more overhead. Its not price gouging, its capitalism.

I know... capitalism sucks, right?

jcwit

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2009
    Dead Center on the End
    And price gouging = less product sold = less business = dealer wondering what went wrong. May take a while but it is a fact of business.

Wal-Mart did not become the largest retailer in the world by gouging their customers. Neither did MacDonalds, or Kroger, or any other large retailer.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    I can say with 100% certainty that you friend is incorrect. Midwest was not selling Colt for a while because of some disagreements but don't expect a salesman to tell the general public all the company's drama with a certain manufacturer.

At the end of the day, every gun store is in business to make money. The more money they make, the larger the business grows and the more product they can stock. Bigger building and bigger stock = more overhead. Its not price gouging, its capitalism.

I know... capitalism sucks, right?

Just curious if you buy a lot from them.

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    Just curious if you buy a lot from them.

Accessories - yes
    New firearms - 75% of the time.

When I buy a firearm, I usually find one used and buy it FTF from the seller. Cut out the middle man and get a decent deal.

I'm not saying that any gun store is Gods gift to the firearms world. Sure Midwest has its pros and coins. I just don't think its fair to crap all over them for trying to run a successful business and make a buck in the process.

Joe G

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2013
    SE Indiana
    There's a difference in making a buck and ripping people off. I realize that's hard to understand, but then so is life.
    What is "ripping people off" to you?

Do you know what the typical margin rate is for most retail items? How about net margin rates after expenses - especially for small retail businesses?

Top Bottom