• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    I ordered a 4oz bottle of Weapon Shield that was $9 along with some backordered ammo (trying to dave on shipping by having them all ship together). Well the oil was the only thing in stock, and it shipped immediately, adding a separate $15 shipping fee. I paid $24 for a small bottle of oil! And I still have to pay another $15 in shipping for the backorder items when they arrive.

Worse is that they were not apologetic when I called, and just told me that it was tough luck. They could have offered me a $5 store credit or something, when I called to complain, but no. I've spent a couple thousand dollars at Midway thus far, but they are losing me.

Chewie

Old, Tired, Grumpy, Skeptical
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Martinsville
    I generally look at the total price to my door and that's what I go with. Usually end up ordering from all sorts of places but since I am half Scottish and half Dutch the $$ have the final say. The only exception is when I find it at a LGS then I am willing to pay a little extra for the instant gratification factor.

Cannon762

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Gas City Area
    I ordered a set of K-var furniture for an AK from them a couple years ago, it was such a nightmare I sadly had to swear them off. It arrived looking like garbage and when I called in and complained they refused to take any course of action that would leave me even partially happy. No exchange, no refund, nothing. They claimed that any damage caused to it could have been from me installing it improperly, etc. etc.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    Has anyone spoken with anyone at Midway about this? If they are loosing substantial business because of this, you'd think that they'd be concerned. I do know that shipping cost via UPS has risen steadily in the past several years. I hate their fuel surcharge, etc.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I have put together a few Midway orders as of late that I have not completed the purchase on. It does often seem as though they are rolling dice to see what the shipping costs will be?

I always check Amazon for availability and/or better pricing to go along with the free Prime two day shipping.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    Interesting to note that Midway sent me a couple of e-mails yesterday stating that they are giving free shipping on orders of some knives and tools, as well as, 5.11 gear.

BoilerWes

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 2, 2010
    Pendleton
    Midway use to be my nearly one stop shop for shooting stuff, ammo, optics, etc. I stopped my business with them after shipping started getting high as well. Too many online places that have a cheap flat rate or ship for free. I also got annoyed one time attempting to purchase a $600 plus dollar scope plus several hundred in other goods and the $30 off of $500 code I had would not work. The fine print read that discount was not applicable to sale items. Their rules, fine. However it cost them an $800 sale and reaffirmed by decision to look elsewhere.

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    Just ordered a holster and some B.O.B. supplies. $194.00 in merchandise. $5.41 shipping. Seemed very reasonable. However, I didn't order any ammo so that might be why the shipping was cheaper.

I hate :spend: for shipping. So I'm happy with this transaction.

jcap412

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 7, 2010
    Greenwood,IN
    I don't really have to big a problem with Midway, but their shipping costs have increased. That's why if I'm going to be buying small parts, I try to buy as much as posible in one shot and I stay away from backordered stuff. That's also why I really hate buying ammo online as well, shipping can get out of hand really quick.

6mm Shoot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2012
    I just bought a scope and some cleaning stuff from Midway. Shipping was $17. I didn't think that was to bad and I got it in three days from date ordered. The order I placed before that took close to ten days to get and cost almost twice as much. So what do you do? I have been getting most of what I need from Midsouth of late but they don't have a lot stuff in stock. It seems that Midway has better stock. That was why I placed my order with Midway this time. I guess the stars where alined this time because every thing worked out. I know I will not order primers or powder from Midway because of what they charge for shipping.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    The thing I hate about shipping from Midway is the UPS/USPS shipping where UPS ships to my town, then the USPS does the home delivery. I used to be able to order a part from Midway on Monday and using UPS ground, would get the part on Thursday or Friday. Now, because of the handoff, I ordered a part last weekend and will not get it until sometime next week. They predict Monday. If I choose the normal UPS home delivery, the cost of shipping doubles almost. It's ridiculous because I could normally order it shipped via the USPS and get it in a day or two, or order via UPS and get it in two to three days but their new scheme seems to use the worst features of both. It should not take a week to ship something from Missouri to Indy. I can order a video cable from LA and pay $4 for USPS shipping and get it in a fraction of the time it takes to go through that convoluted mess they call 'Mail Innovations'.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    The thing I hate about shipping from Midway is the UPS/USPS shipping where UPS ships to my town, then the USPS does the home delivery. I used to be able to order a part from Midway on Monday and using UPS ground, would get the part on Thursday or Friday. Now, because of the handoff, I ordered a part last weekend and will not get it until sometime next week. They predict Monday. If I choose the normal UPS home delivery, the cost of shipping doubles almost. It's ridiculous because I could normally order it shipped via the USPS and get it in a day or two, or order via UPS and get it in two to three days but their new scheme seems to use the worst features of both. It should not take a week to ship something from Missouri to Indy. I can order a video cable from LA and pay $4 for USPS shipping and get it in a fraction of the time it takes to go through that convoluted mess they call 'Mail Innovations'.
    Yep. 'Mail Innovations' always costs at least an extra day.

Dockem

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    W Indyanner
    My horror story on shipping costs: priced out a metal target holder and extra backing boards along with a few extra parts for a total of about $55. They hit me with a special shipping cost due to the "oversize" of the backing boards. The shipping was nearly $30!!!!
    2nd one I had bought from Midway, the first one was no where near as expensive to ship. I cancelled the order and bought it elsewhere and the shipping was only about $12.
    I sent a complaint letter and was told that they prided themselves in fast delivery, blah, blah, blah. Now I check the shipping before hitting the submit button and look elsewhere if it's too high.
    Caveat Emptor!

theslasher

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 28, 2013
    Knox
    Midway sucks. Ordered a loadmaster 45 shellplate from them for like $21 then $8 shipping and a special $4 small order surcharge. They was the onlyone that had one at the time....

Slapstick

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    I thought optics shipped free from Midway...?

Usually it is for most optics but if you add something like cleaning supplies that are flammable or hazardous then they charge shipping for the "special handling".

Try playing the Midway "free shipping" game. Total up your order then go to the free shipping items and add something and check what shipping will be, sometimes you break even, sometimes you come out ahead and sometimes you end up with with a fun little item that only cost a buck or two more than your order would have been without it. Knives and tools are the best place to check, look for heavy or big items that are cheap, like the $10 camp ax.

ckcollins2003

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 29, 2011
    Muncie

Yep. 'Mail Innovations' always costs at least an extra day.

When you pick your shipping method, choose UPS Ground, rather than the cheapest option.

You can also make a UPS My Choice account and pay what I believe is $3.50 to have UPS deliver it instead of USPS, saving you that extra day. So if the cost difference between the UPS Ground and UPS/USPS route is more than that, you can save some money and have it changed through UPS.

Top Bottom