• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jrogers

Why not pass the time with a game of solitaire?
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Central IN
    Serious question: Why should I care what this guy has to say after he made it clear that he is anti-2nd Amendment?

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Serious question: Why should I care what this guy has to say after he made it clear that he is anti-2nd Amendment?
    You don't have to care. That's fine. I am just curious what happened to a lifetime gun writer/shooter to make him change his views. Or has he always had those views and has been hinding them all this time.

BTW, Tom Gresham will most likely rip him apart. He is a firm believer in absolute zero gun regulations.

Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Honestly, I don't think Metcalf's views are as uncommon in the gun community as we'd hope. I think there are ton of a old school shooters and Fudd types who really don't think the MSRs should be owned by anyone or believe that we should have tighter restrictions on gun ownership.

I've run into that before at ranges (especially during the decade or so I frequented DNR ranges before picking up a membership to Linden Conservation Club). If you bellied up to a table and pulled out an AR, you were about as likely to get some snide remark or dirty look from the guy next to you, who was sighting in his .270 bolt gun for the umpteenth time, as you were to strike up a friendly chat with your neighbor.

Granted, I noticed this attitude has greatly dropped off over the past few years as more and more shooters are bringing MSRs to the range, but those guys are still around, even if they are little more quiet these days. I think it's just a generational thing. I've almost never gotten that sentiment from a younger shooter (I'm just talking about the shooting community, not general population here) and by younger, I mean 50 or younger. Maybe it has to do with when the M16 was adopted and all the people who have grown up since then have just accepted that the AR15 (and other MSRs) are just as normal to own as grandpappy's bolt gun.

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    Bwah, ha ha! Metcalf has responded and the entire fault for this blowup belongs to us! We hate the First Amendment and saying we didn't like his editorial and notifying G&A was wrong. Not only doesn't he understand the Second Amendment, but he doesn't understand the First either. Goodbye loser.

Metcalf Responds To Guns & Ammo Firing | The Truth About Guns

His complete response is found here.

It's pretty obvious that he still does not get it based on the "questions" that he poses at the end of his response. Here are some good answers to his stupid questions.

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    Best stuff out of a microwave ...

0002389617860_500X500.jpg

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    So I guess Guy Relford is a traitor as well? He doesnt think the 2a is absolute either. To paraphrase him from his appearance on WIBC this afternoon "SOME well thought out, reasoned gun laws are good. If you are felon, crazy, or a kid, you shouldnt be able to own a gun. Period."

I agree with Guy. He hit the nail on the head. SOME laws are good. Just like the 1A has a few exceptions like crying fire in a crowded theater, the 2A can as well. Its when the laws arent reasonable (no foreign imports of surplus US service rifles, AWB, etc) that we have a problem.

I saw the uproar about how evil and awful this guy was, and how horrid of an article it was. So I read the article. I had to re-read it because I thought I missed the part where he called Feinstein a fine upstanding american. Even after reading it again, I still didnt see the evil. Oh, yeah, thats right. We arent supposed to give a single inch and concede there can be ANY sane limits to a constitutional right. ROCKET LAUNCHERS AND SAWs FOR ALL!!! EVEN FOR THE KIDS!

Too bad there are too many OVERLY slipperly slope-ists out there. Yes, there IS a slippery slope, I agree. But there is also a reasonable edge at the top of that slope that is dry, solid, and has lots of traction. You only reach the slippery part when you move beyond Guy's definition above.

Thanks again for the awesome interview today Guy. Articulate and informative as always. You do owe me though. You were so engaging and insightful, the wife got pissed at me because I wouldnt answer the cell on the drive home because I was "busy" listening. Oops. :dunno:

/Flame away.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    So I guess Guy Relford is a traitor as well? He doesnt think the 2a is absolute either. To paraphrase him from his appearance on WIBC this afternoon "SOME well thought out, reasoned gun laws are good. If you are felon, crazy, or a kid, you shouldnt be able to own a gun. Period."

I agree with Guy. He hit the nail on the head. SOME laws are good. Just like the 1A has a few exceptions like crying fire in a crowded theater, the 2A can as well. Its when the laws arent reasonable (no foreign imports of surplus US service rifles, AWB, etc) that we have a problem.

I saw the uproar about how evil and awful this guy was, and how horrid of an article it was. So I read the article. I had to re-read it because I thought I missed the part where he called Feinstein a fine upstanding american. Even after reading it again, I still didnt see the evil. Oh, yeah, thats right. We arent supposed to give a single inch and concede there can be ANY sane limits to a constitutional right. ROCKET LAUNCHERS AND SAWs FOR ALL!!! EVEN FOR THE KIDS!

Too bad there are too many OVERLY slipperly slope-ists out there. Yes, there IS a slippery slope, I agree. But there is also a reasonable edge at the top of that slope that is dry, solid, and has lots of traction. You only reach the slippery part when you move beyond Guy's definition above.

Thanks again for the awesome interview today Guy. Articulate and informative as always. You do owe me though. You were so engaging and insightful, the wife got pissed at me because I wouldnt answer the cell on the drive home because I was "busy" listening. Oops. :dunno:

/Flame away.

Rep Nazi's have me locked out for awhile so I will just do this......+6 as that is all I can pass out anyway.

See this as you will. I see it along these lines in this day and age. JMHO.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    What's wrong or unreasonable about those laws?

So did you misunderstand or did I miss the purple?

You think Obama's EO banning the import of WW2/Korean surplus M1 Garand rifles to prevent gun violence is reasonable, even though they are pretty much NEVER used in crimes is reasonable?

You think Feinstein's Assault Weapons Ban that was allowed to expire (thank God) was reasonable and actually made us safer?

Please explain how those examples will help/helped prevent gun violence.

Top Bottom