• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kingnereli

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    New Castle
    Here is my suggestion, for what it's worth...

Don't complain to the press (or anyone who will listen)that our rights are being threatened, removed, or otherwise stomped on. They're expecting that. It's old news and people won't hesitate to dismiss you as extremists, brown shirts, rednecks, what-have-you. Instead, you have to make an impression. Make it memorable. Make it MEAN something to those watching. How? By making it clear that you are there simply to provide education about a subject that far too few people understand. Provide useful, factual (not opinionated) information to people. Make it educational!!! Find out how many robberies, breakins, rapes, carjackings, etc. are committed in Indiana and INFORM people that it is within their power to prevent it from happening to them and their families. Provide facts about crime rates in Kennesaw, Georgia (where gun ownership is mandatory) compared to Indianapolis. Campaign For Liberty — Gun Ownership Mandatory In Kennesaw, Georgia Crime Rate Plummets. Teach people what their rights are and why guns for private citizens are a blessing. Have scriptures ready for the religious. Have facts ready for the analyticals. Have stories ready for the emotional.

Ignorance is based on lack of information. So give it to them.

I just feel that if the position of gun ownership were approached from a more personal, meaningful, educational direction, you might raise some eyebrows and gain a few allies. Don't make it all about "me and my rights", make it about "you and your safety". Make it hit home.

And of course, keep calm, cool and collected. When/if the media approaches, THINK before you speak. DO NOT let them rattle you.

Then... you just might make a very unique and lasting impression.

I wanted to quote this again because this is the direction we need to go. We need to send a positive message rather then just railing against The Man. Our cause may eventually need the votes of everyone we encounter so we need to think to that. We should be willing to consider that if our message is either poorly conveyed or far too negative bad things could happen anywhere from just becoming media fodder with no real impact up to and possibly including people running away in fear.

RCB

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 17, 2009
    Near Bedford
    Something else is to talk about the hard questions. What about gun access that criminals may have to lawful weapons. What about gun suicides (of course I think it's silly as anyone I know that has went that route would have figured something out regardless), child deaths, etc. If you don't talk about them, someone else will. Of course there are answers, but you need to make sure to talk about the real answers... no just "it's our right" and "well you never know about the government" "WWIII"... etc.

People are concerned... and there are problems. Good time to talk about real answers, not the crap GC advocates spew.

Last edited:

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Which is why I posted this thread. To get that information. I can't look up everything and need everyon's help. I don't know where to get those statistics, and I'm not great at conveying a message that hits home and makes them really THINK about it for themselves.

This was never meant to focus on just rights. The main core idea behind this is to awaken those asleep at the wheel. To get people with like minds to get up get out and do something.

So give me some links to some statistics, give me the proper procedures for these hard questions, discuss what is fact and opinion, help me to present it to the world.

Right now I'm, more or less, the only one (it feels like) putting things together. I got ATF Consumer helping with printing, and some others helping me with the meeting with the IMPD/Permit people, but I can't be setting all this up and put it all together myself and present it all at once to you to scrutinize and help make changes.

I need a lot of help with this. YOUR help. If you can't come that's fine, but at least lend me a helping hand in what to put out in the materials packets or something! :D I wish I could do it all myself, but I can't. I'm doing as much as I can with what I know and have to work with though! :rockwoot:

I am VERY proud of all of you though. I never thought it would make it this far and I'm just tickled to death about all this. People are stepping up and I couldn't be more proud. Now lets keep it up! :patriot:

Top Bottom