• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kingnereli

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    New Castle
    I still have 50-100 of the pocket Constitutions in a box. They're yours if you can use them.

Keep in mind that some people see a triad that you might be playing into:

Guns + White + Constitution = Militia

If that is where you want to go, great but it might not be persuasive. If you want to be persuasive, then here are some other thoughts:

Political:

1. A list of founder & famous people quotes. Toss in some unexpected ones.
    2. Bill of Rights.
    3. Copy of the Heller Decision.

Self Protection:

1. Oleg art or quotes.
    2. List of books to read: "Unintended Consequences", etc.
    3. Have a copy of the Sheriff's book on hand if you feel gutsy.

Be sure to spell check and have more than 2 people look them over and proof them.

Above all else, be ready for the question, "what do you want?" or "what are you protesting?"

Perhaps you are intending:

Right Not Exercised are Right that Are Lost

Gun owners are tired of being marginalized which happens when we say invisible. For this one moment, this day, we are deciding to be visible, let everyone see us, and realize who gun owners are: your neighbors, friends, coach, and workers.

Oh, I would think some things are would be off target and get played as paranoid since there is no current gun grab legislation being debated for passing:

1. Cold dead hands.
    2. Revolution began over a gun grab.

I hope all of you the best. And the more planning you do and clarity you have, the better it will all be.

Again, good luck!

This is advise we should take!

El Cazador

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2009
    NW Hendricks CO
    For those who say they would like to donate to the cause of Materials to hand out...

I thank you so much. I'm trying to do everything the way I am to keep costs at a bare minimum. Preferably null. But I se that the Materials part is going to cost some. I will do what I can, but I only have my copies of the Constitution and a copy of IN HG Law and a scanner. I do not have a printer but can spare a little to make some copies, albeit, not many.

If anyone wishes to donate anything, please refrain until we have a packet decided on and what will be in it. I will not accept monitary donations, but I will accept materials. With the Tea Parties before they had a named Treasurer, there was a lot of skepticism about where the money was going even though the Tea Parties cost upwards of $15-20K+ for each event and they always came up short.

I want to avoid this and that is why I will not accept any money for anything. Not at this point anyway.

Ryan, I have an inkjet printer you can have. It's new, never been hooked up. I bought it for my business as a backup for a laptop some time ago, then found a deal on a better, bigger, networked one. It's an Epson, I think. I'll never use it, and you're welcome to it.

If you want it, PM me your phone number and I'll put it in the truck and drop it off to you.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Something else has been brought to my attention that I feel I must discuss a little further. We cannot have signs because it will require a permit. Permits require a 30 day notice and an 8 day filing period. That is too long to wait and too expensive a hassle.

We WILL, however, be working on a packet of information to hand out to anyone willing to listen and learn. This is the best we can do for the everyday people we encounter. The media will have people they can talk to. If they try to corner anyone into making a dumb statement, it simply won't happen. We will have dedicated media spokespeople and anyone who is not one of these people will just simply refuse to speak to the media. Politely of course. If there is a reporter such as the CNN reporter that was hostile at the Tea Party to the man with his small child they will be asked aside. If they continue their hostility we will figure out how we will handle such a hostile person. Any hostility will most likely be met with silence and all of us ignoring that person. The best they can hope for is someone handing them a packet of information and a "vaya con dios".

This would make a good thing to discuss.

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    Something else has been brought to my attention that I feel I must discuss a little further. We cannot have signs because it will require a permit. Permits require a 30 day notice and an 8 day filing period. That is too long to wait and too expensive a hassle.

We WILL, however, be working on a packet of information to hand out to anyone willing to listen and learn. This is the best we can do for the everyday people we encounter. The media will have people they can talk to. If they try to corner anyone into making a dumb statement, it simply won't happen. We will have dedicated media spokespeople and anyone who is not one of these people will just simply refuse to speak to the media. Politely of course. If there is a reporter such as the CNN reporter that was hostile at the Tea Party to the man with his small child they will be asked aside. If they continue their hostility we will figure out how we will handle such a hostile person. Any hostility will most likely be met with silence and all of us ignoring that person. The best they can hope for is someone handing them a packet of information and a "vaya con dios".

SE, have you ever dealt with the media before? Do you really think you'll be able to control them?

A spokesperson is a good idea. But in an open setting like a walk, controlling who they talk to is harder than you might think.

A hostile member of the media is not something you "handle".

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    SE, have you ever dealt with the media before? Do you really think you'll be able to control them?

A spokesperson is a good idea. But in an open setting like a walk, controlling who they talk to is harder than you might think.

A hostile member of the media is not something you "handle".

Trust me, I know this. This is why it needs discussed.

Look, I know I'm not the man with all the answers and that I can't control everything. If I thought that way I wouldn't be here asking for everyone's help.

I'm seeing more people putting us down and not reading the OP's of the Main Thread instead of reading them and realizing there's only so much we can do here. If you have advice and suggestions, please share them.

I need everyone's help. If you want to see this happen the right way, help us out.

gage

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    underground

Why is this too long to wait? The time can be used to carefully prepare material that would be handed out. Why the sense of a desparate rush?

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Why is this too long to wait? The time can be used to carefully prepare material that would be handed out. Why the sense of a desparate rush?

With all the naysayers desperate to convince people otherwise about this, I fear people will walk away if it takes too long. I could be wrong.

No, the main reason about the permitting process is all the money involved. I know most people are not as bad off as I am, but I just can't afford to throw hundreds of dollars at this event. The Tea Parties cost tens of thousands combined just here in Indy. We can't afford to make this an expensive affair.

Also, this is just a test case for Indiana. We don't need to go all out the first time around. We need to see how the public percieves this before we spend mountains of time, effort, and money on this.

I know it sounds opposite of what SHOULD be done, but considering just how controversial this is amongst gun owners themselves, I'm not trying to commit thousands into a test case.

Does this make any sense?

BloodEclipse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    In the trenches for liberty!
    I know. It's a shame. I have about 40 copies of the Pocket Consitution and DoI I can hand out. Unfortunately, Heritage is now charging for them and unless I can come up with a fund raiser of find people willing to donate, I can't buy more.

I have 15-18 pocket Constitutions I'll donate.

From my perspective the snowball has started to roll down the hill.
    The coverage, of the NH and AZ events, has captured people's attention.
    By doing this soon, it will be fresh in their minds and we will be assisting the snowball on down the hill. Without another event Americans will lose focus, as a nation we suffer from a short attention span.
    This isn't a desperate rush. We still have time to plan and hash out details. I'd say those who went to the meeting did good. I wish I could have been there.

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    You gonna have some detached, non-OC, camera people who can get video of the entire event for youtube if it goes well or even more importantly - if it does not go well?

If not, consider it. If so, make sure they understand their job is to do video and to keep from getting arrested at all costs. I.E. stay far enough out to keep anyone from having an excuse to stop filming.

Is there a bail pool set aside for those who do not have immediate cash on hand for bail money? Do you have people whose job it is to go and get each of the popo if it goes that way?

WWIIIDefender

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 7, 2009
    Saudi Arabia
    I totally agree with a video for you tube. A lot of people get their information from you tube. If we have a video of what are intentions are and what our point is then when the media demonizes us people will be able to see it for what it truly was. Also what about letting some talk radio stations now what we are doing and trying to accomplish. People like alex jones would love to pick up the story if the media went crazy on us. I know some people may not think to highly of Alex jones but he would be on our side and he has millions of viewers and listeners. I think we should be as proactive as possible and prepare for the worst of the media blitz.

bigus_D

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    Country Side
    With all the naysayers desperate to convince people otherwise about this, I fear people will walk away if it takes too long. I could be wrong.

No, the main reason about the permitting process is all the money involved. I know most people are not as bad off as I am, but I just can't afford to throw hundreds of dollars at this event. The Tea Parties cost tens of thousands combined just here in Indy. We can't afford to make this an expensive affair.

Also, this is just a test case for Indiana. We don't need to go all out the first time around. We need to see how the public percieves this before we spend mountains of time, effort, and money on this.

I know it sounds opposite of what SHOULD be done, but considering just how controversial this is amongst gun owners themselves, I'm not trying to commit thousands into a test case.

Does this make any sense?

I agree that there certainly some naysayers who don't think this is a good idea, no matter how it is put together. I think there are many more folks who don't want to participate because some of the specifics aren't neccessarily worked out.

I'm not convinced that you can't carry signs. My reading of the legal code posted with regard to parades is that sidewalks are exempt from the statutes... I admit that I may be completely wrong on this though. Regardless, I believe it would be worth the time and money to go ahead and get the permit if that is what it takes to get the message accross clearly... but this is assuming a unified message is going to be presented.:twocents:
    :patriot:
    :ingo:

RCB

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 17, 2009
    Near Bedford
    I still have 50-100 of the pocket Constitutions in a box. They're yours if you can use them.

Keep in mind that some people see a triad that you might be playing into:

Guns + White + Constitution = Militia

If that is where you want to go, great but it might not be persuasive. If you want to be persuasive, then here are some other thoughts:

Political:

1. A list of founder & famous people quotes. Toss in some unexpected ones.
    2. Bill of Rights.
    3. Copy of the Heller Decision.

Self Protection:

1. Oleg art or quotes.
    2. List of books to read: "Unintended Consequences", etc.
    3. Have a copy of the Sheriff's book on hand if you feel gutsy.

Be sure to spell check and have more than 2 people look them over and proof them.

Above all else, be ready for the question, "what do you want?" or "what are you protesting?"

Perhaps you are intending:

Right Not Exercised are Right that Are Lost

Gun owners are tired of being marginalized which happens when we say invisible. For this one moment, this day, we are deciding to be visible, let everyone see us, and realize who gun owners are: your neighbors, friends, coach, and workers.

Oh, I would think some things are would be off target and get played as paranoid since there is no current gun grab legislation being debated for passing:

1. Cold dead hands.
    2. Revolution began over a gun grab.

I hope all of you the best. And the more planning you do and clarity you have, the better it will all be.

Again, good luck!

I think these a valid starting points. I would also suggest an avoidance of targeting Pres. Obama verbally on all sorts of issues, or communism, etc...

Make the walk about the 2nd amendment. Not only from a historical stance, but also today. In addition to above I would probably highlight

• The need to impart responsible behavior; i.e. guns will always be here we need to be comfortable with them and how to administer them properly, not fear them.

• Guns are tools, with no will of their own. Anything can be used to kill.

• "Accidents" generally happen from a lack of knowledge, even on the part of children.

• I would probably go over the 4 rules. Yes, most should know them, but it needs to be a creed. I would like to see them put on business cards and handed out to everyone. Information is power. Probably putting number 1 as number 5 and 6 as well. Maybe 2 also as number 7, just to drive the point home.

Now, addressing why we have a second amendment is important. The most commonly misunderstood meaning is so we can hunt... which everyone here knows is NOT the reason for the second amendment. However, for appearances sake, it needs to be addressed in a very sensitive and diplomatic way.

• • I put two bullets here for everyone involved to pay attention. Not only would I write your "speeches" ahead of time, but they need to be worded in ways that CAN NOT be edited.

If you have ever noticed how oddly politicians speak? It's mainly for that reason. ANYTHING that can be taken out of context will be. Yes, it may be wrong, but it won't stop them from doing it.

I would press the distinction that we are NOT Europe. I wouldn't insult them either, but have the stance that we all live differently. Respect their ways, but in exchange they will have to respect ours. The same way of government, laws, etc.. do not work for all people. The US is a much more complex environment that any nation in the world. That's the truth.

Actually the same applies to citizens here. We come from such widely diverse backgrounds, expecting us to all live the same is absurd. It's the price we pay for living in the US. We may despise what our neighbor believes in, but as an American we all have the write to live as we best see fit. That's Liberty. If we transgress against another person by our actions, then we will be punished accordingly. Liberty requires us to respect one another, if we like them or not or agree with what they do.

If I have time, I will try to add some more.

Last edited:

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton

For outright "hostility" or a person or persons hassling the assembly we can always use 35-45-1-3 (3) Disorderly Conduct of a lawful assembly of persons. An excellent problem solving charge.

USMC_0311

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 30, 2008
    Anderson

Just how much are the permits? 30 - 45 days may even be better anyway.

BloodEclipse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    In the trenches for liberty!
    Since we have 3 or 4 different threads going I wonder how many of you missed this post by Liberty Sanders.

Folks, I'm a bit new here so let me introduce myself...I'm the retired Ohio LEO who is offering what advice and experience I have to this event.

Two points I want to briefly touch on:

1) You don't want to turn this into anything that requires applying for a parade permit. Getting into that system places control over this event in government hands. As a retired police command officer I can tell you they WILL NOT want this walk to happen. This is something new in Indiana and it's going to scare them. If we apply for a permit it will be denied. If we go through the appeals process it will be denied again. Our only recourse after that would be a lawsuit. We need to USE the law as it is written. This is a WALK, nothing more. And that leads me to...

2) The reason we must carry no flags, signs or anything of that nature has nothing to do with the city's requirements or definitions, it is a preemptive move on our part. One of the events that requires a parade permit is a DEMONSTRATION. If we SAY we're having a walk but show up with such items, AND if I was a law enforcement command officer who wanted to shut us down, I would say, "AH HA! You said this would be a walk! It's a DEMONSTRATION! You need a parade permit and don't have one...DISPERSE!"

Also, there is no organization that is sponsoring this. It is a COINCIDENCE that so many participants in this walk frequent this board. We are simply a group of like-minded citizens displaying our patriotism.

We must be scrupulous about the fact that we are merely using city sidewalks (legal) and the only difference between us and everyone ELSE using the sidewalks is that we are armed (also legal). ANYTHING THAT WE DO ADDITIONALLY places us in danger of being classified as something OTHER than a walk, something that the city will be fervently hoping that we do so that they can jump on it.

I participated in several such events in several Ohio cities, large and small, in recent years. Every one of them was a WALK. There were no parade permits, we carried no flags or signs, there was no shouting of slogans or chanting...we just strapped on guns and walked down streets of a pre-planned route. These walks went VERY WELL. People were interested and MOST of them were supportive. Confrontations with people on the other side were infrequent and uneventful. The police in the larger cities HATED it...and couldn't do a thing to stop us.

There is no reason it can't happen the same way here, but we MUST all get with the program and be on the same page.

P.S. Do a search on "open carry walk Ohio" and you can learn a bit about how some of them went.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Just remember to stay focused and not muddle you message. If it's about guns, then stick to gun rights. Don't inject immigration, health care or any other issue into the mix. A razor sharp focus is a must.

Top Bottom