• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Donnelly

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2008
    Cass County
    I truly do hope that a link of this thread does get forwarded on to Ray Menard so that he can see the support that we are willing to show his corporation when they (he) are respectful of our human rights.

Our closest big box home improvement store around here is a Home Depot. That said, I drive to Kokomo or Lafayette to do almost all our home improvement shopping, due in part to some of Home Depot's policies, but also due to policies such as the OP has shown that Menards has.

Besides, Menards always seems cleaner somehow, and they seem to have a better selection of things, IMO.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    I'm a remodeling contractor and I'm in the Greenwood Menards almost on a daily basis. I open carry, and have never had a problem what so ever!

Redhorse

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    When I first read this I thought half way through that I'd never shop there again but then I read how the issue was corrected so like everyone else has said +1 to menards :yesway: Ill have to shop here more often.

sjstill

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Indy (west)
    I OC'd at the Avon Menards last night, no problemo. A customer stopped me and asked if I had ever been hassled, I told him no. I was still in my work clothes, so he asked me about the range and NRA classes for him and his wife. Win-Win!!

dailylc

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Evansville
    Great job, Menards! As a contractor, I'm in my local Menards weekly and have never had a problem. Good to see a large chain store standing up for what is right, not socially acceptable.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    I shop at the Avon Menards pretty regularly. They almost always have what I'm looking for, unlike Lowes (which is closer). Built my deck from their lumber yard, and tons of smaller jobs. Always OC, and got a few "thumbs up" for my INGO sticker on the truck. Never an issue.

+1 Menards.

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Hamilton County
    Awesome! I am equally close to a Menards, Home Depot, and Lowes. If this is the stance on licensed carry and quick response times to concerns then Menards will get 100% of my business!

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Now if only they would abandon the stupid practice of "if you put gas in it, you cant return it". I bought a push mower from them, and it stopped running literally 5 minutes into the first use. Couldnt even pull the rope it was siezed so bad. (LSS the belt to the dead man system slipped off so it couldnt tell I was squeezing the handle and it was braking the drive shaft.) I was told I had to use the warranty and take it across town. So I had to wait 2 weeks before I could cut my lawn again because the "local" warranty place (which was 30 minutes across town) was swamped. :xmad:

Lowes will gladly accept your defective return, give you a new one, and then have it repaired and resell it later.

I literally drive 3 miles DIRECTLY PAST a menards to get to Lowes.

Discounting that, Menards DOES have better lumber, but the store layout sucks, and I cant find what I need half the time. Oh, and they dont take Amex, which is my primary work expense account. :xmad:

Hammerhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Bartholomew County
    Never had an issue with the Columbus Menards, even had positive conversations with the employees about carry.

Oh, and on the note about the "legal disclaimer" in the e-mail, it's total BS. You're not getting top secret information, you're getting an apology. Share it.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Now if only they would abandon the stupid practice of "if you put gas in it, you cant return it". I bought a push mower from them, and it stopped running literally 5 minutes into the first use. Couldnt even pull the rope it was siezed so bad. (LSS the belt to the dead man system slipped off so it couldnt tell I was squeezing the handle and it was braking the drive shaft.) I was told I had to use the warranty and take it across town. So I had to wait 2 weeks before I could cut my lawn again because the "local" warranty place (which was 30 minutes across town) was swamped. :xmad:

Lowes will gladly accept your defective return, give you a new one, and then have it repaired and resell it later.

I literally drive 3 miles DIRECTLY PAST a menards to get to Lowes.

Discounting that, Menards DOES have better lumber, but the store layout sucks, and I cant find what I need half the time. Oh, and they dont take Amex, which is my primary work expense account. :xmad:
    What are you looking for? I probably know where it is. I could even tell you the aisle and how far down it is.

I love Menards.

10-32

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2011
    B-Burg
    I shop at the Avon Menards pretty regularly. They almost always have what I'm looking for, unlike Lowes (which is closer). Built my deck from their lumber yard, and tons of smaller jobs. Always OC, and got a few "thumbs up" for my INGO sticker on the truck. Never an issue.

+1 Menards.

Just a quick update from the female cashier that seen you OC'ing in there back in February - She's been to the range with me 4 times now, she's applied for her Lifetime LTCH and has started putting money back so she can buy her first Glock.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    Menard's is my go to place for many items. Been in there many times both
    OC and CC with nary a problem.

Got to meet John Menard a long time ago when Gary Bettenhausen was driving
    for him. Me and Gary used to bowl in the same league and invited me to a day
    in the pits the year he replaced John Crawford when he got airborn in the south
    short chute and was not medically cleared to drive. John shook my hand and told
    me that any friend of Gary's is a friend of mine. I got a Menard's pit crew shirt
    tucked away someplace in storage from that day.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Lowes will gladly accept your defective return, give you a new one, and then have it repaired and resell it.

That policy must vary by store. Not to thread jack more than I have to, but a friend of mine here at work bought a new rider there this spring and he's been without it for 4-5 weeks. He had to complain quite strongly to get a loaner, even.

Top Bottom