• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    We have been wanting to try some McClure's Pickles for some time now. Has anyone here tried them? They're available on the company website but only in a case of 12 quarts at a time.

I would like to split a case with someone to start out with. I wouldn't know what to do with 12 quarts of pickles all at once. If anyone is interested let me know. Thanks.

McClure's Pickles

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    They are a family owned/ran business that does everything by hand the way it should be done.

I've seen them on Food Network several times and today they had another episode that mentioned them. My wife likes pickles but is tired of the mass produced, limp, preservative packed junk that the local Marts like to sell. I started reading about these and we decided to try some out. We went to the web site and found out that they are a little back ordered thanks to all the good things about them on Food Network. You can only order them directly from the factory by the case right now. There are retailers listed but the closest are all in Chicago (no force on Earth will get me in that city), Michigan and Cleveland.

We want to order some but really don't need a full case of them. They are $120 a case shipped. You can mix and match a case for different flavors.

Here's a site that has some reviews of them.
    McClure's Pickles - Troy, MI

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    We should be able to go for half a case easily. If anyone else is interested let me know. As much as my wife likes pickles, she would kick my a$$ if I spent $120 on them without a couple others to split it with.

GROUP PICKLE BUY!!!!!

It won't be difficult to get a case and then ship out the extra from here for whoever wants to try them.

Right now they are 3 weeks out for orders.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Their website says that they have them available at the Williams Sonoma in Ft. Wayne. My guess would be that they might well be available in ALL Williams Sonoma's.

Scarnucci

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    IN
    Another brand of fantastic pickles, and an Indiana company to boot, is Sechler's Pickles out of St. Joe, Indiana.

Sechlers Pickles | Home Page

I get mine at Apple Acres in Bedford, on hwy 37. The candied pickles area as addictive as crack, lemme tell you. Its one of my favorite foods, and hands down my favorite pickle.

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    Their website says that they have them available at the Williams Sonoma in Ft. Wayne. My guess would be that they might well be available in ALL Williams Sonoma's.

I checked the Williams Sonoma website and didn't find them listed there unless I missed them. I'm just a little north of Richmond so Ft. Wayne is quite a drive for pickles. I would still like to like to try and order them.

I know they are expensive, but would still like to try them sometime. I'm pretty sure at the price they want for them we won't be replacing our regular ones anytime soon.

Top Bottom