• ...and so much more!
  • edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Freedom Works gives all 3 a "freedom score" in the 80s. I guess it all depends on the level of purity required for a passing grade.
    But if you look at Freedomworks ratings of McCarthy and Scalise, on the Chart, they BOTH have a long term voting record that's to the LEFT of the average Republican.
    Which is what Conservative Review also says.

Which STILL proves my point that the Republican Party in the House has been led by the left of the party.

So now that the shoe's on the other foot, the Republican left won't stand for Jordan who has a long term voting record to the right of the average Republican.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    I see the FBI and CIA has bought out some more republicans. Both party’s have been takin over by the left. Have been for a long time. Trump showed us that. Not sure what we can do……voting has no effect. And any good candidate for America will get shot down by the party. The politicians handed over their power to the alphabet agencies and now they run the show with the left.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I am coming to believe that the Republican “party”, isn’t really a party. More like a collection of vaguely like minded people who are willing to shank the others if they don’t get what exactly what they want. I don’t agree with most of the things the modern Democratic Party stands for, but think the Republicans are broken. I wish there was a viable third party choice, a choice that could actually get elected.
    Too many of them are 'Country Club Republicans' or aspire to be

If the constituency of those NY reps value SALT relief, why not fight for lower taxes where they choose to live rather than expect everyone else to subsidize those high tax locations

That would be a long term fix to the problem rather than a continuing temporary solution. They could also move to a lower tax locale. A bit of research tells me that SALT relief nationwide would primarily benefit those making $250k per year and up. That is approximately the upper 7% of all earners. Seems like at that level, if you want the perceived benefits of where you choose to live, you can afford to pay the price

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I think this is true. It's basically Sowell's conflict of visions. To put a finer point on it, I think we have to include the role of the "establishment" elites.

It's in both parties. The establishment in each party both want similar things. They want elites to have all the power. They both actually want big government. They may differ on what they precisely want big government to do, but they both want all the power.

As you say, the left is aligned within the Democratic party on what they want government to do. And that's quite compatible with the establishment wing of the party. Great, you want bigger government? Awesome. And thank you for demanding that we have more power. We'll do our best to take it.

But conservatives/populists want things the establishment Republican elite don't want. Moderates are fine with it of course because, go along to get along. They listen to NPR too. But to piece together a coalition the CoC/neocons have to weave a complicated grift to convince populists. Neocons, Dickhead Cheney, GWB, Mitch McConnell, fooled Republicans for years. We tried to reduce the size of government. Couldn't get it done. We'll do it next time if you vote for us again.

So now we have this so-called "freedom caucus" in the House whose membership talks a really good game. They kinda act like they sorta stick to principles that conservative populists like.

Whether they're legit or just trying to fund-raise off the "destroys the libs" YouTube shorts I don't know. But regardless it's pissing off the establishment chamber-o-commerce neocons who don't want to take any chances that their their gravy train might leave without them.
    Jordan's purported willingness to double the SALT deduction cap just to win a few votes has soured me on his candidacy. Hard to believe 'cut the debt, cut spending' promises when he rolled over so easily

Still probably the best option among the known contenders

McCoolsCreek7

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 20, 2023
    Ghent
    Why would Jordan want to step in front of a media firing squad on a daily basis?
    Who can blame him for not wanting the Speaker position?
    He can pull strings from behind the scene with his loyal following.
    Yeah I agree. I wouldn’t want it. I can’t see really what would be gained from it.

Shadow01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn
    This is an absolutely infuriating circumstance these spineless twits have found themselves in. Voters gave them the MAJORITY and they are running around divided and bowing to the will of the left??? My God! Pull yourselves together and get it done for crying out loud.

This is the seat that is third in our formal government...and they sent the 'President' to visit a country at war? What would happen if the VP were to take the reigns? Have they completely missed the obvious danger this puts our republic in??? This needs to be settled and these grown adults need to put on their big boy/girl pants and stop bickering and get back to work. If they were my CHILDREN I would have exercised the 'rod of correction' by now, the fact that they actually believe themselves to be adults and PROFESSIONALS taxes their grasp on reality! They are certainly beginning to give weight to the theory of Washington being nothing but Dems and Rinos.
    They are not bowing to the left. They are the left. None of them are in any way conservative or constitutionalists. They are trying to maintain the status quo and keep their money laundering operation in tact.

Top Bottom