• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    ok heres my question, for some reason When I cleaning my fire arm after use I some how always manage to get a drop of gun oil on my clothes which seems to create a permanant stain any one else have this problem and what did you use to get rid of it?

Thanks

ultra...good

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    If that is your biggest problem, you are having a good day.
    If you cleaned your guns in the buff, you would not have this problem.

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    I wear the same clothes every time I clean my guns. Eventually the spots will all be connected and the clothes will look uniform again.

Wish I could help. I have the same problem both with machine oil stains at work and gun oil/solvent stains at home.

Dobber

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 7, 2012
    Granger (South Bend)
    Clean firearms? People do that?

Only Glocks. It's a safety thing.

I have a similar problem but it's self-inflicted. I contracted fiveyearolditis when I was young and never got rid of it. Thus I continually do things like wipe my nose with my sleeve, wipe my hands on my pants and shirt, etc. You COULD just wear ragged work attire as was suggested or you could go the route I did and just expect to be an unkempt person. Things are better for me this way. I have no self esteem issues due to the lack of personal hygiene and appearance expectations.

On a serious note - you could try to rub some goop on your clothing before putting the articles in the washer. I've heard this works but haven't tried it. Just to be safe I'd put the treated items in the washer alone the first time you try it. Wouldn't want any of the lady's things turning into collateral damage.

-Dobber

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    What works for me is to only have crappy stained clothes because I spend all my money on guns and ammo.

I have started wearing latex gloves when I clean my guns. I can buy new clothes, but do not make near enough money to buy decent new hands.

92ThoStro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 1, 2012
    Lay on your bed, on your stomach, with your arms and head dangling off the foot of the bed, then clean your firearms on the floor, where you have a tarp, and a cleaning mat on the floor. Unless you manage to get drops falling up, you shouldn't get any stains :D

ultra...good

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    Lay on your bed, on your stomach, with your arms and head dangling off the foot of the bed, then clean your firearms on the floor, where you have a tarp, and a cleaning mat on the floor. Unless you manage to get drops falling up, you shouldn't get any stains :D

That reminds me of something that I have the girlfriend do..............

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    I usually wear Tee shirts and levi's when I go shooting - clean my guns in the same outfit. I also wear them in the woodshop so they usually have some paint or stain on them anyhow. Figure it give them "character".:dunno::D

Fishersjohn48

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Fishers
    Product called Lestoil. You can order it online. Used to be available at the grocery. Apply full strength to any oil/grease stain and wash in hot water. It WILL come out. I suggest washing separately and washing a second time in detergent only as Lestoil does have a strong petrol odor.

Valvestate

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    I just can't keep a shirt clean. Salad with oil/vinegar? No way. Car maintenance? Not a chance. I just wear already stained shirts/sweaters when I do anything with a liquid that won't wash out.

Top Bottom