• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Tampa, FL
    I know they're an advertiser here but I first ran across them because Midwest guns has a lot of their stuff on sale. I picked up a relatively small item of theirs recently - the thermite versipack. My thought was to use it as my possibles bag for hunting this year. I gotta say, their stuff is put together like a tank. I used to work for EMS Sports in Massachusetts - that's basically an East Coast version of that overpriced outdoors store REI - and I still have an EMS daypack that has lasted me 9 years of very light use but I have to say that this EMS bag doesn't even hold a candle to the Maxpedition stuff. The girlfriend asked me what I wanted for my next birthday gift and I told her I wanted the vulture II. I'll let you know how that is when I get it but if it's anything like their little versipack it should be great. Just wish they made a frame pack of some sort past 3000 cubic inches but what they do they do well.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    FTR Maxpedition is not an advertiser here. Their ad is sometimes in the rotation at the top of the page, but we don't control who's ad is in there. it comes from an ad service.

TheDude

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Southeast Kentuckiana.
    I think their stuff is top notch and have had and do have several things. That and its made in Taiwan which probaly pi$$es of China....which I am all for. Just wish they made more gun related items though.

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Tampa, FL
    I just got my Maxpedition Vulture II backpack in the mail from the girlfriend as a birthday present. Holy crap - best backpack I've ever had. I'm working out outfitting it now with all the stuff I want to add on it.

Carp

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2009
    Maxpedition

They make quality gear, but have had some angered some people in other forums. If you want Made in the U.S.A., check out Eagle Industries.

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Tampa, FL
    "angered some people in other forums"

How so?

I'll take a look at Eagle. This is a 3 day pack and the largest they make. I'm still looking for a longer term pack.

Carp

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2009
    I believe it stemmed from customer service issues and their dealings with a few retailers.

Carp

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2009
    Larger Packs

If you want quality and larger packs, you can't go wrong with Kifaru. Another alternative with a good reputation is Mystery Ranch. They are both made in the U.S.A.

TwinSix

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 29, 2010
    Indy South Side
    mystery ranch designs are nice... I have an older 'Dana Designs' mountaineering pack, and it is rock solid. And it was reasonably priced. The founder of Dana Designs sold out, but now works with mystery ranch. IMO, would be looking into. however, very $$$. I too like the maxpedition, but overpriced too. let us know about the pack.

Top Bottom