• ...and so much more!
  • pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    17 people shot in Bunny Friend Park Sunday night: NOPD | NOLA.com

Multiple people shot into a crowd of 300 at an event at the park, injuring at least 17. Fortunately, it doesn't appeared that any are fatal. This happened Sunday evening. Not sure why this one isn't getting more wall-to-wall coverage like other mass shootings unless it doesn't fit the standard MSM template.

I'm sure the NRA will be blamed and once again it won't be NRA members doing the shooting. Sigh...

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Bunny Friend Park?

This is what I believe happened..........

74400387_rabbit_gun_small.jpg

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Why not? They shot a bunch of people. I would normally describe such attackers as mass murderers, but it appears none of their victims have died. Therefore, mass shooter is the most accurate description.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Let's see, they were shooting a rap video in a park, I am sure they were all great people...

Blah

I wish I could say it's surprising when people imply that some lives are worth less than others, simply based on an activity they were participating in.... but I'm not. Needless to say, for me, it's difficult to throw shade on a group that posts up a video of their events that starts off with a prayer to God.

Several witnesses said the gathering was part of an after party for the Nine Times Social Aide & Pleasure Club's annual second line, which earlier in the day proceeded through the Desire and Florida Development neighborhoods before disbanding at Sampson Park in St. Roch.

9 Times Social Aide & Pleasure Club | Blue Throat Productions

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I haven't seen anything on TV so it must not have really happened.

I forgot, we no longer cover such hijinks...

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Hundreds of people were gathered at a New Orleans playground for a block party and music video shoot when two groups in the crowd opened fire on each other, wounding 16 people in the shocking Sunday evening violence, police said.

Two groups shooting at each other. Not really a "mass shooting".

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Let's see, they were shooting a rap video in a park, I am sure they were all great people...

Blah

Where did you see that it was a rap video? All I've seen is an impromptu music video.

I wish I could say it's surprising when people imply that some lives are worth less than others, simply based on an activity they were participating in.... but I'm not. Needless to say, for me, it's difficult to throw shade on a group that posts up a video of their events that starts off with a prayer to God.

9 Times Social Aide & Pleasure Club | Blue Throat Productions

Who is to say that the shooters were involved with that group? For myself I'm not saying that some lives are worth less than others, just that I wish the gangbangers were better shots....

God is Great...... Beer is Good...... And People are crazy.

Beer is proof that god loves us. B Franklin.

If an event does not serve to advance the socio-political agenda du jour, then no one will report it.

Yep, pretty much.

Two groups shooting at each other. Not really a "mass shooting".

Agreed, it sounds like two rival gangs happened to show up at the party.

One witness, a nurse who declined to provide her name citing safety concerns, said two groups began shooting at each other around 6:15 p.m.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    So, this is like the whole tree falling in the woods and no one is there to hear it kind of thing....

Welllllll . . . your analogy is a thought experiment and coincidentally brushes against some concepts of quantum mechanics. What we're seeing here is purposeful deceit via manipulation of what is/is not reported (and how).

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    One witness, a nurse who declined to provide her name citing safety concerns, said two groups began shooting at each other around 6:15 p.m.

Who has the time to get off work at 5, get home by 5:30, get cleaned up, have some dinner with the family and be out bangin by 6:15?:scratch:

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Who has the time to get off work at 5, get home by 5:30, get cleaned up, have some dinner with the family and be out bangin by 6:15?:scratch:

The key is time management. You wait to help the kids with their math homework in the morning before a balanced breakfast with the whole family. It gives you some extra time in the evening for bangin'.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    The fact we all heard about it means it was reported. It's just not that interesting when criminals shoot at other criminals. You'd be surprised what happens that never makes the news.

Top Bottom