Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    Let me see if I have this right....

So idiots gather to protest.
    Cops rally to maintain order.
    Idiots walk in the road.
    Cops order them off it, while walking in the road.
    Idiots ignore order.
    Cops arrest idiots for walking in the road (blocking traffic), while walking/standing in the road (blocking traffic.)
    :thumbsup:

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    Police typically have to put themselves next to people they want to give orders to...
    Said orders can't be given from the opposite side (sidewalk?) The side which demonstrates a positive example and that they themselves abide the law they are enforcing....

Last edited:

jrogers

Why not pass the time with a game of solitaire?
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Central IN
    Said orders can't be given from the opposite side? The side which demonstrates a positive example and that they themselves abide the law too....

Good point. Cops should also be obligated to obey the speed limit when pulling over speeders and be charged with possession when they confiscate hard drugs from dealers.

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    Good point. Cops should also be obligated to obey the speed limit when pulling over speeders and be charged with possession when they confiscate hard drugs from dealers.
    Once in custody, the offender is under the control of arresting officers. So, remaining in the street (continuing to break the law after it's necessary) is still appropriate?

Nevermind the half dozen or more officers who aren't actively arresting, just standing around observing/providing cover to others.....in the middle of the street. What are the idiots being arrested for again?

Last edited:

TB1999

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 22, 2010
    I wasn't at the march, but from what I hear, IMPD was a little aggressive while citing people for jay walking.

TB1999

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 22, 2010
    kinda funny how many people here are calling the marchers morons and idiots and then in the next line admit you have no idea who they are or what they are protesting.

...oooh, you didnt mean everyone at the march was an idiot, just a couple you saw in the video.

...kinda like how all gun owners can get a bad rap based off the actions of a select few. As responsible gun owners, we fight that stereotype on a daily basis, only to make the same conclusions about another group of ppl?

i call bs!

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    While I agree with you, especially in this instance, I don't particularly like your argument. Just because we have it better doesn't mean we should be satisfied. That's true for life in general, IMO.

I'm not saying you should or shouldn't be satisfied. I'm saying the US isn't a police state, not even close. If you are unsatisfied with certain things, fine, who isn't? Once you go into the hard oversell of calling the US a police state, I am instantly skeptical of your true knowledge or your motivations. If I have a mouse in my house, I don't have to be satisfied because my neighbor has a dozen, but I also shouldn't cry that I live in a vermin riddled hovel where I'm sure to get the Plague in the next few days.

BGDave

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    207   0   0
    Sep 15, 2011
    Beech Grove
    Six minutes 34 seconds of my life gone watching morons begging for cold coffee and truth serum oatmeal. I need to get out of the house more.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    kinda funny how many people here are calling the marchers morons and idiots and then in the next line admit you have no idea who they are or what they are protesting.

No, we have an idea. We saw the flag. They are marching under that flag, we know exactly what it was about.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    ...and in the "just as useful" department:

176epsmuvt.jpg

Top Bottom