Maryland Gun Owners get visits from State Police!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Another reason why we should never register our firearms :twocents:

No reason given for the visits other than to 'check up' on your guns?

Registered Gun Owners Receive More Visits From Maryland State Police
    Registered Gun Owners Receive More Visits From Maryland State Police

Maryland - -(AmmoLand.com)- We’ve receiving reports of more gun owners receiving visits from the Maryland State Police to “check up on” their regulated firearms.

It’s too early to get a clear picture of exactly what’s going on but it’s being looked into.

In the meantime remember, “May I have your name and the agency that you work for?” and “Do you have a warrant?”.

There is nothing in Maryland law that gives the Maryland State Police, or any other agency, the authorization to “check on” your firearms without a warrant.

Maryland gun owners if you are visited by MD State Police please notify Maryland Shall Issue.

Maryland Shall Issue.org
    P.O. Box 314
    Libertytown, MD
    21762-0314
    ph. 240-446-6782

About:
    Maryland Shall Issue is an all volunteer, non-partisan effort dedicated to the preservation and advancement of all gunowners’ rights in Maryland, with a primary goal of CCW reform to allow all law-abiding citizens the right to carry a concealed weapon; and to the education of the community to the awareness that ’shall issue’ laws have, in all cases, resulted in decreased rates of violent crime.”​

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    :scratch: Excuse me officer. Do you have a warrant? No? Please leave or I will consider you trespassing. Thanks. (Slam door)

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    :scratch: Excuse me officer. Do you have a warrant? No? Please leave or I will consider you trespassing. Thanks. (Slam door)

Maryland Officer 1: Hey Maryland Officer 2 (MO2) did that guy seem a little jumpy to you?

MO2: Yup... I wonder what he is hiding since he slammed the door on us.

MO1: <calling on radio> Dispatch we have probable cause of illegal activies at xxxxxx. Gun owner was jumpy and slammed door on us. Send in the GunSquad.
    :dunno:;)

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    Ask for the badge numbers, too...better yet, get a video camera and tape it all "for the record".

NateIU10

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2008
    Maryland
    They don't care. You can find stories of the MD State Police Firearms Division searching houses because someone bought ammo that they didn't buy a gun for in-state.

There isn't "registration" in MD BTW, so it's a bit mis-leading. They have 2 classes of firearms, regulated and non-regulated. Regulated arms (M4s, handguns, etc) cannot be transferred between 2 residents or at an FFL without a transfer through an FFL or transfer at the MD State Police barracks. When transferred, after the 7 day waiting period, there is a separate form filled out for the regulated firearm that is kept on file with the MD State Police. This creates a de-facto registration, but there is not technically registration, as I could move back to MD right now and not have to register any of my guns. Non-regulated firearms, such as most shotguns etc, can be exchanged FTF just like here in IN.

Last edited:

NateIU10

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2008
    Maryland
    To add to my last post, this is one of the arguments against 4473s in my opinion. The intent wasn't to create registration, but that's just what it did. Scary stuff.

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    They don't care. You can find stories of the MD State Police Firearms Division searching houses because someone bought ammo that they didn't buy a gun for in-state.

There isn't "registration" in MD BTW, so it's a bit mis-leading. They have 2 classes of firearms, regulated and non-regulated. Regulated arms (M4s, handguns, etc) cannot be transferred between 2 residents or at an FFL without a transfer through an FFL or transfer at the MD State Police barracks. When transferred, after the 7 day waiting period, there is a separate form filled out for the registered firearm that is kept on file with the MD State Police. This creates a de-facto registration, but there is not technically registration, as I could move back to MD right now and not have to register any of my guns. Non-regulated firearms, such as most shotguns etc, can be exchanged FTF just like here in IN.

That sounds like a load of fun. Sell someone a gun and go down to the police barracks to transfer it! :n00b:

NateIU10

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2008
    Maryland
    That sounds like a load of fun. Sell someone a gun and go down to the police barracks to transfer it! :n00b:

Yup, and you can't even transfer it then. You have to bring both people and the regulated firearm to the State Police Barracks, do the paperwork, then the seller has to take the gun back home, wait the 7 days, all 3 go back to the Barracks after approval and can be transferred then. Good ole time...:xmad:

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    What are they always trying to accomplish?
    EXACTLY!

Intimidate the honest people.

Set up barriers so that honest people will find it too troublesome, which leads honest people to the sheep mentality that its better/easier for the police to take care of them.

Let's face it folks, they are not going to the street gangs to check up on illegal activity. They are knocking on the doors of honest, decent folks. The ONLY reason to do that is to intimidate them.

2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy
    This is complete crap any way you look at it .

WTH is going on with their thought process that makes this behavior a good idea and why are the citizens sitting back and taking it ?

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Bengineer
    Top Bottom