• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • findingZzero

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    N WIndy
    Watching the market. Trying to decide whether to buy....? Things are either a bargain compared to last week, or at their highs when viewed from next week.....Crystal ball anyone.....?

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Watching the market. Trying to decide whether to buy....? Things are either a bargain compared to last week, or at their highs when viewed from next week.....Crystal ball anyone.....?

If I had one, I wouldn't share. I try not to play the 'time the market' game, but I've been pretty flipping tempted to up my holdings in GE.

findingZzero

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    N WIndy
    I timed the sell off. Got out last month. Now I have to time the buy in. If I get back in I will have saved 15%. I time the market, but with good stuff, then hold if I'm wrong...

Last edited:

mondomojo

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2015
    India-no-place
    I don't think that the market has hit bottom yet. IMO China has a ways more to go before they're done with their "correction". Either that or their gov't will step in and prop up their market artificially. Can't say that I love the suspense but it does keep things interesting....:popcorn:

findingZzero

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    N WIndy
    I was at the dog park this morn when i noticed 5 min into the open, the Dow was down 1000 pts. Wow! I was going in near the close, but, I swear, buying and selling at Vanguard is a mystery to me. Ran out of time and I started with about 40 minutes before close. Went to another site to get back into a retirement fund. By the time I figured out how to do it (it's a 'rebalance', not an 'exchange'..yikes!), the market closed. Maybe being jammed will work out. We'll see. Tomorrow is another day.

Last edited:

findingZzero

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    N WIndy
    Timing the market is like trying to catch a falling knife. :)

For some. It's easy to catch a falling knife. Just make sure you have a tourniquet nearby. :):

It helps to have brass balls..
    If yer not greedy you can do it..
    I tend to wait for overreactions.

Last edited:

avboiler11

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    New Albany
    The sky is not falling.

I think there are definite buying opportunities now that we're into correction territory, even with downside risk still present. China is a concern but much of the global selloff is fear-based instead of fundamentals-based. Lots o' lemmings out there these days...

That said...never take investment advice from a pilot!

findingZzero

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    N WIndy
    Arrrrg! My instincts were right. Looks like I'm gonna miss a 500 pt bounce this morning...I have only me to blame and Vanguard and my 401K.....make that 600 pts...

Last edited:

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    I am no market expert, but my crystal ball says we have a long way to go till the bottom. The company I work for builds injection molds. We have been ridiculously busy for several years. Within the last month, our backlog has went from several months to a couple weeks. Like someone just turned off the tap.:dunno:

Oh, and my other market indicator, "the how often I get stopped by a train in Osceola" metric says the sky is falling.:runaway:

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    The sky is not falling.

I think there are definite buying opportunities now that we're into correction territory, even with downside risk still present. China is a concern but much of the global selloff is fear-based instead of fundamentals-based. Lots o' lemmings out there these days...

That said...never take investment advice from a pilot!

The market is fear-based.

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    I think this is like 2007ish but will be worse (at least relative to inflation.... any guess as to whether the FED will reach outside its constitutional mandate to try to salvage this).

I expect the market to be volatile for a few months, and ultimately take a deeper drive sometime within 2 years.

I took a fair bit out in Oct of 2012, which from my perspective is looking like a good choice.

I may not be correct, but I am patient ;)

Top Bottom