• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rgrimm01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    Sullivan County, IN
    You would think, in this age of digital recording, no officer would utter the words "my personal safety trumps the constitution and your rights"...

I wonder if that recording was legal in Wyoming?

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009

griffin

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2011
    Okemos, MI
    You would think, in this age of digital recording, no officer would utter the words "my personal safety trumps the constitution and your rights"

You're assuming LEOs have some level of, um, native intel...

But he was told in his daily briefing...

I truly fear for our land. We already know for a fact that LEOs will violate the law and confiscate our firearms if told to, contrary to law or the oath they swore to uphold. Same with our military, and my step-son is a SSgt in the Marines (in school for Gunny training right now). You do not want to trust our LEOS or military. They are trained to follow orders, period. Don't trust them to actually think. Some will. A lot will not. They are in the military, or law enforcement, because they do not fit in elsewhere.

If they were smart enough to do calculus they wouldn't be doing what they are doing.

Just sayin'.

griffin

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2011
    Okemos, MI
    How come the audio captures everything but the officer telling him to drive off under gunpoint?

Your reading comprehension sucks.

The LEO admitted to it in court.

Again, I fear for our land, because hardly anyone actually pays attention to anything, much less the laws. LEO, military, or citizen alike. Here it was clearly stated the LEO admitted to the act in court.

Thanks for proving my point, Captain Bligh. :yesway:

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia

But he was told in his daily briefing...

I truly fear for our land. We already know for a fact that LEOs will violate the law and confiscate our firearms if told to, contrary to law or the oath they swore to uphold. Same with our military, and my step-son is a SSgt in the Marines (in school for Gunny training right now). You do not want to trust our LEOS or military. They are trained to follow orders, period. Don't trust them to actually think. Some will. A lot will not. They are in the military, or law enforcement, because they do not fit in elsewhere.

If they were smart enough to do calculus they wouldn't be doing what they are doing.

Just sayin'.

So cops and soldiers are only such because they're too stupid to do anything better? Does that include your step-son, and all the men/women who died fighting for our country?

remauto1187

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 25, 2012
    Stepping Stone
    You do not want to trust our LEOS or military. They are trained to follow orders, period. Don't trust them to actually think. Some will. A lot will not..
    Never heard of the term lawful order, huh?

They are in the military, or law enforcement, because they do not fit in elsewhere...
    Could you please provide your source for this information?
    I served 4yrs in the navy for the training and experience. I fit in wherever I choose to.

Im guessing you arent aware of the advanced training and MOS's(Army)/Ratings(Navy) that are offered in the military? For instance "the nuke test" ...For the Navy enlisted and Officers that maintain those incredibly amateur nuclear reactors aboard Navy Aircraft Carriers and Submarines...thats just the tip of the iceberg. They put out more power than that microwave oven of yours. ;)

You sir have done nothing but prove that you are definitely not the sharpest tool in the shed and I find you profoundly ignorant of the US Military. Try go serving some time before you go spouting off. From 94-98 I worked on the SH-60 Helo, F-14 Tomcat and the F/A-18C Hornets...what did you do oh smart one? Changing the batteries in your tv remote does not count. :owned:

griffin

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2011
    Okemos, MI
    So cops and soldiers are only such because they're too stupid to do anything better? Does that include your step-son, and all the men/women who died fighting for our country?

I am telling you the truth. It does not include everyone. It does include, well, way too many. Look, I know a lot of people in the military, both Army and Marines. I honor their sacrifice. And I know some who would give their life fighting against our own government in defense of the Constitution. But more would obey orders and confiscate our firearms and police us.

Does that include people I know? My kids? Intelligence? Yes, just as I said. Some would, some wouldn't. Just a couple of data points to make it interesting. I know an Army Spec in EOD training right now. (If you know anything about that, they try very hard to wash them out). She is smart and extremely patriotic. She's a badass and all she's ever wanted was to serve her country. She would be classified as subversive and a terrorist if the DHS knew who she was.

I know another kid who went through Marine Officer's Training one summer for fun between his junior and senior years of university. He passed but told them "no" when he went back to finish his senior year. The Marines were very angry at him. He currently works for one of the primary DoD military aviation groups making a good living working on secret projects. Others were thrown out because the training and rules are very stringent. I think he went in just for fun so he could have his older brother/step-brother address him as "sir" if he decided to make a go of it.

I know another kid who has been in the sandbox twice. He couldn't do what the other two could intellectually. He was continually in trouble with the police because he lacked the intellectual capacity to evade them, I mean, to obey the law.

At least one is my kid. Maybe two. Maybe all three. I'll start you out. The last one is the Marine SSgt who is serving as a Gunny right now and going to school for a full-time Gunny promotion/billet. You can try to figure out the rest. I can post pictures of all three.

But let me tell you that after living 56 years, having friends in the military, having kids in the military, knowing LEOs while growing up, experiencing the world, reading the news, talking with fellow Americans, I have come to my conclusions.

I've dealt mostly with the military here, but let me tell you, no LEO is telling you he prefers police work because his math was just too easy and he became bored. They are LEO for a reason. No one gave up astrophysics for law enforcement.

Last edited:

griffin

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2011
    Okemos, MI
    what did you do oh smart one? Changing the batteries in your tv remote does not count.

I happen to be an electrical engineer/computer engineer and a project manager that writes the contracts for and manages multi-million dollar projects every year across North America.

You? You GS or SES or SL or ST?

You might also wish to read my post after yours to see how much I actually know about the military, at least the Army and Marines. Navy and Air Force, not so much.

And if you have any spare batteries, I could use some for my HP-48GX. Thanks.

I also drink coffee, black. If you could get that for me? Appreciate it.

I have a friend in the DHS. If you care to give me more info, I could look you up. If you want, of course.

Last edited:
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Jeffersonville
    And if you have any spare batteries, I could use some for my HP-48GX. Thanks.

OOh, a calculator....

look+out+everybody+we+have+a+real+bad+ass+over+_01d5e603278fb3f569a05ff2b7390245.jpg

My jab is only meant to lighten the mood, btw...

The marine referenced in the original post has a payday coming. If the officer is not fired, it will be an atrocity. AN ATROCITY I SAY!

griffin

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2011
    Okemos, MI
    OOh, a calculator.

Yes! I continually need to refresh the batteries. It is more voracious than my HK91. (See how I tied the HP into the HK? No? Well...)

I was just trying to give remauto1187 a useful job. Lord knows he apparently needs one. And he still has failed to bring me coffee, black.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Bassett [the deputy] said in the sworn statement that he had been trained to put his personal safety above the rights of a citizen openly carrying a handgun.

“We’re told every day, our safety is first,” he said. “We’re here to come home every night.”

This just gets my blood pressure up...

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011

...snip...

Same with our military, and my step-son is a SSgt in the Marines (in school for Gunny training right now). You do not want to trust our LEOS or military. They are trained to follow orders, period. Don't trust them to actually think. Some will. A lot will not. They are in the military, or law enforcement, because they do not fit in elsewhere.

Just sayin'.

You have no ******* clue what you're talking about, just sayin'.

I've had soldiers, both officers and enlisted soldiers, with advanced degrees from the most prestigious schools in the world. I served in Germany with an Infantry Captain that was a Rhodes Scholar. I served with an E-4 who could barely march in a straight line, but had a PhD from MIT. There are tons of very intelligent people in the military, and you do nothing but show your ignorance by suggesting otherwise.

Last edited:

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    ....I've dealt mostly with the military here, but let me tell you, no LEO is telling you he prefers police work because his math was just too easy and he became bored. They are LEO for a reason. No one gave up astrophysics for law enforcement.

Unfortunately there may be the smallest grain of truth here but not necessarily because of lack of intelligence. I do think all too often both the military or a LE job becomes a default occupation. Many times i've talked to young people that don't exactly know what to do and they say "...I don't know maybe i'll go be a cop". Same with the military, if you're not going to college then usually many go in the military without really being that passionate about it or knowing what they are getting into. Then these are the kids that end up wanting to get out after a day or a week into basic training causing untold headaches and paperwork. They're not stupid they just picked the default.
    It's the same with veteran soldiers i've known who are getting out, most plan on going back home and being a cop?? It makes sense really, neither job requires any particular set of skills upon entry nor any education to speak of short of a high school diploma or GED and for either job all you have to do is pass a silly baseline physical fitness test. In the case of the military at least you have to take the PT test continually twice a year but for many departments you only have to pass it to get in (so why even bother).
    Perhaps it's time for police departments to raise the bar and require at least an associates but preferably a bachelors degree for entry (a bachelors degree now is what a HS diploma in the 50's-70's used to be anyway). I know you don't "need" a degree to be a cop but there would be many advantages which could be a thread all its own.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    This just gets my blood pressure up...

Quote:

Bassett [the deputy] said in the sworn statement that he had been trained to put his personal safety above the rights of a citizen openly carrying a handgun.

“We’re told every day, our safety is first,” he said. “We’re here to come home every night.”

Kinda brought a tear to my eye.

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    Yes! I continually need to refresh the batteries. It is more voracious than my HK91. (See how I tied the HP into the HK? No? Well...)

I was just trying to give remauto1187 a useful job. Lord knows he apparently needs one. And he still has failed to bring me coffee, black.

Your avatar picture was really you, wasn't it? Because I think that explains a LOT.

squish

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    South Bend area
    You do not want to trust our LEOS or military. They are trained to follow orders, period. Don't trust them to actually think. Some will. A lot will not. They are in the military, or law enforcement, because they do not fit in elsewhere.

Just sayin'.

Being on active duty for over 18 years and more than my share of deployments, I've lost more friends that I care to admit. Not to mention the fact that I'm a Reserve Officer. It's two professions that I happen to ENJOY. It's kind of a higher calling, or even a sense of duty if you will. So why don't you run off and play hide and go f***k yourself.

IN_Sheepdog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 21, 2010
    Northwest aka "da Region"
    Whether it is here or in other threads Griffin is nothing more than a troll that wants to P*ss off as many people as he can with as little effort as possible, LEOs, Military, Attorney's or anyone else... He also is willing to jump to the opposite side, just in an effort to argue with another thread... He likes to flatly criticize LEO's and here he wants to insult the military...

He talks pure crap just as a means of being an irritation to others. Don't buy in to his baiting... He might leave his Momma's basement room (I think his whole story is made up...) and actually grow up... I think he actually was the one that stuck the knife in the socket.... that would explain a lot...

Why not go to the Michigan Gun Owners Forum...? Or have they already banned you from there?... Be civil .... and informative, .... or go away...

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    THIS thread just got interesting, lol. Ole Griffin throwing his son under the bus. Ha ha

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I've dealt mostly with the military here, but let me tell you, no LEO is telling you he prefers police work because his math was just too easy and he became bored. They are LEO for a reason. No one gave up astrophysics for law enforcement.

Uh actually, that's exactly the case. I was taking AP Calc in high school. It was boring, and when I went to college I certainly wasn't going to take math any further than I had too. Statistics, and called it a day.
    I was/am active and fit, and I held no desire to cruch numbers behind a computer for the rest of my life. Kudos to those that do, but there are a great many people that choose their occupations because that is what they want to do, not because of the implied "prestige" the occupation appears to others.

Top Bottom