Marine Corps backpack group buy opportunity.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • I'm still in for at least 1 back pack if the price is $"X" or less.

• Total voters
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

micheljns

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    Im just sayin for $10 thats less than there going for on Gov auctions for just the bag without lid or belt! + they add a 10% fee plus state sales tax Plus you have to go get them or have them shipped which isnt free! I would be real surprised if anyone got them for $10 a pop but we will see.

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    I'm just saying for $10 thats less than there going for on Gov auctions for just the bag without lid or belt! + they add a 10% fee plus state sales tax Plus you have to go get them or have them shipped which isn't free! I would be real surprised if anyone got them for $10 a pop but we will see.

You are spot on. We have discussed that a little in this thread, hence the poll that was added, but thanks for pointing that out (not sarcastic).

I've won adequate lots for belts and lids. I'm doing the math, setting up logistics to get them to my [STRIKE]secured bunker [/STRIKE] house and I'll be setting up a group buy thread in the GB sub forum with details.

Teaser, I didn't just buy the main packs, belts and lids. For those that are able to be served by the group buy there will be other items that go with the packs that can be purchased. This will be at a cost below anything you can find on the internet and since you will already be setting up arrangements to get the main pack the shipping costs associated with getting the to you (either your gas, postage or ?) will be at no additional cost or hassle depending on your method of getting it. :yesway:

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    You are spot on. We have discussed that a little in this thread, hence the poll that was added, but thanks for pointing that out (not sarcastic).

I've won adequate lots for belts and lids. I'm doing the math, setting up logistics to get them to my [STRIKE]secured bunker [/STRIKE] house and I'll be setting up a group buy thread in the GB sub forum with details.

Teaser, I didn't just buy the main packs, belts and lids. For those that are able to be served by the group buy there will be other items that go with the packs that can be purchased. This will be at a cost below anything you can find on the internet and since you will already be setting up arrangements to get the main pack the shipping costs associated with getting the to you (either your gas, postage or ?) will be at no additional cost or hassle depending on your method of getting it. :yesway:

Soo...are you saying it'll be a "first come, first serve" sort of thing for the additional items?

I'm having a "no brain power day" and am very confused by this post, LOL.

Also, how will you be handling the order as far as number of pack per person, list of order placed, etc.? Are you saying you're going to setup ANOTHER thread to account for who wants what?

Also, do you have a time frame of when this will be happening in mind? ie before xmas or after..

Last edited:

N8RV

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 8, 2012
    Peoria
    Soo...are you saying it'll be a "first come, first serve" sort of thing for the additional items?

I'm having a "no brain power day" and am very confused by this post, LOL.

Also, how will you be handling the order as far as number of pack per person, list of order placed, etc.? Are you saying you're going to setup ANOTHER thread to account for who wants what?

You didn't comprehend his post because he wanted it to be obfuscatory. It's dentalspeak. Only another dentist can really understand his intent.

In a nutshell, he will PM me before he sets up the new group buy thread and give me dibs on the extras.

Ahhhh ... it's GOOD to be a dentist! :D :D :D

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I'm not a dentist, but I have teeth. Most of them anyway. Does that count for something? :)

zoglog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Sep 20, 2009
    Hendricks Co
    I felt lucky to have made the excel list. So is that list no longer the picking order? If not I am going to have to log on more than once a day. That will put a halt to anything productive I do.

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    OK, it is time to schedule pickup! EDIT: truck has been secured. I wouldn't mind a ride along if someone wanted to take a road trip but not crucial. I'll be leaving Westfield at 5:00AM! I could meet you along the way (Westfield,Keystone ave, 465 N.E, 70 on E side)

For those that have large trucks (farmers, drivers...not just pickup trucks) this is for you. For those that are waiting to buy from this group buy, fear not, the cost of transportation alloted to the ILBE backpacks will be figured as if they were the only thing I purchased. Since I did purchase a great deal more the cost of transport will be diluted (economy of scale). The result will be less transport cost per pack to get them to my house than if I only purchased the GB packs. (Basically, I'm not going to put "my purchases" transport cost in with the group buy transport costs.)

I'm working with an INGO member that has a logistics company but any good business man looks at options. Frankly, I'll be surprised if anyone can beat commercial but you never know.

I need to haul about 5,230 lbs of stuff. It is on 17 pallets but a fair amount of it can be combined into less total number of pallets. So, I need:
    --someone with a enclosed box truck of some kind, if not a full on semi tractor trailer that can handle that.
    --They will need to be able to make the trip to and from Lockbourne, OH (south suburb of Columbus) back to Westfield, IN.
    --Ideally the truck would be able to maneuver within a residential area. Not a deal breaker, it wouldn't be that difficult to coordinate arriving at a large lot destination near my home with the arrival of volunteers from the GB to help shuttle the stuff to my house for sorting.
    --Ideally, they would need to be willing to allow me to ride along, leave at an OBSCENE early time on Friday, Dec. 21st that allowed us to get to Columbus by as early as 9:15am. Other times are available as of my calling the facility but they are going fast (9:30am, 12:15, and 1:15pm)
    --To be cost competitive with just farming it out commercially, you would need to be able to make the adventure for $500.
    --As per the location rules, you will have to have DL, CDL (if vehicle requires it), proof of ins, and registration of vehicle. If I don't ride along there will be a couple other layers of paper work needed but not difficult.

If this is something that you have the ability to do PLEASE PM me ASAP.
    I have started an additional thread with this same content, I'll post link when it is up.
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...iver_with_large_truck_needed.html#post3595679
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...-help_wanted_need_work_done_post_here-34.html post #339

thanks,
    SDH

Last edited:
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 16, 2010
    Wait, did you snag a ton of ammo cans too?

Oh and I DON"T have all my teeth as of yesterday (at least for the next 2 months...)! Does that mean I get to move to the front of the line?

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    OK, it is time to schedule pickup!
    For those that have large trucks (farmers, drivers...not just pickup trucks) this is for you. For those that are waiting to buy from this group buy, fear not, the cost of transportation alloted to the ILBE backpacks will be figured as if they were the only thing I purchased. Since I did purchase a great deal more the cost of transport will be diluted (economy of scale). The result will be less transport cost per pack to get them to my house than if I only purchased the GB packs. (Basically, I'm not going to put "my purchases" transport cost in with the group buy transport costs.)

I'm working with an INGO member that has a logistics company but any good business man looks at options. Frankly, I'll be surprised if anyone can beat commercial but you never know.

I need to haul about 5,230 lbs of stuff. It is on 17 pallets but a fair amount of it can be combined into less total number of pallets. So, I need:
    --someone with a enclosed box truck of some kind, if not a full on semi tractor trailer that can handle that.
    --They will need to be able to make the trip to and from Lockbourne, OH (south suburb of Columbus) back to Westfield, IN.
    --Ideally the truck would be able to maneuver within a residential area. Not a deal breaker, it wouldn't be that difficult to coordinate arriving at a large lot destination near my home with the arrival of volunteers from the GB to help shuttle the stuff to my house for sorting.
    --Ideally, they would need to be willing to allow me to ride along, leave at an OBSCENE early time on Friday, Dec. 21st that allowed us to get to Columbus by as early as 9:15am. Other times are available as of my calling the facility but they are going fast (9:30am, 12:15, and 1:15pm)
    --To be cost competitive with just farming it out commercially, you would need to be able to make the adventure for $500.
    --As per the location rules, you will have to have DL, CDL (if vehicle requires it), proof of ins, and registration of vehicle. If I don't ride along there will be a couple other layers of paper work needed but not difficult.

If this is something that you have the ability to do PLEASE PM me ASAP.
    I have started an additional thread with this same content, I'll post link when it is up.
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...iver_with_large_truck_needed.html#post3595679
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...-help_wanted_need_work_done_post_here-34.html post #339

thanks,
    SDH

hmm

What about renting a box truck? If you can't find any takers for this, I think it could be easily done through rental with a $500 limit...

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    250 assault packs
    48091642_gl_large_thumb.jpg

A little less than 200 hydration carriers (without bladders)
    48064456_gl_large_thumb.jpg

New Polartec cold weather overalls, 2 sizes 400 each "med-sm regular" and "XL-s/r"

48159949_gl_large_thumb.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom