• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lester

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    Greencastle
    Many people consider Danner Boots to be the best boot available for any amount of money. Sometimes that means they really are a lot of money.

I have a pair of the Danner Mountain Light II hiking boots that I have been wearing for years. The price for these boots at regular price is $349. No way I would ever afford them at that price, but I was able to buy them when Danner was having an inventory reduction sale one year. That special price was the only way I would have been able to afford these amazing boots! I'd been eyeing them for a decade and when the price was finally right, I was so thankful for being able to get them!

My boots:

71jKaNcCKpL._UX500_.jpg

Fast forward to today - Nelson & Co. is opening our first retail store in Greencastle and we are going to stock (what else but my favorite) Danner Boots. The initial order is hefty and we need some help. So my idea is to offer once-in-a-lifetime pre-order pricing on any style of Danner Boots you want.

To keep this thread about Danner Boots and not just my promotion - I made a special post about it in my INGO forum: https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/nelson-co/392578-danner-boots-everyone.html

Please click to go there to see how the unbelievable price promotion is going to work. In this thread, we talk about Danner! :)

lester

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    Greencastle
    Back on topic -- I think these are going to be my next Danner Boots. They are not nearly as 'permanent' as the Mountain Light II boots that I already have, but something about these 'assault shoes' makes me get all tingly. I could see myself wearing these with a pair of khakis for work or at the range anytime.

Danner Melee 6-inch:

melee6.jpg

They make a version of this same boot in an 8-inch that is all Multi-Cam. I don't think I would wear this boot. But I do think it is good looking for sure. Its different, anyway.

melee8MC.jpg

Which Danner boots do you have already? Which ones do you wish you had?

bocefus78

Master
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 9, 2014
    Hamilton Co.
    I had a pair of the 452gtx iirc. The boot itself was great, however I wore the tread off the sole in less than 2 years. Im talking soles flat as racing slicks. Tread depth in the Danner line seems to be less than the competition imo.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Do you have a feeling at to how their sizing runs? Similar to Red Wing? It seems like some companies vary almost a full size and width... forget any consistency.

lester

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    Greencastle
    Do you have a feeling at to how their sizing runs? Similar to Red Wing? It seems like some companies vary almost a full size and width... forget any consistency.

They seem true to size for me. I wear size 13 Nike and size 13 Danner.

Drail

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Bloomington
    I used to sell hiking and mountaineering boots. Danner still makes quality stuff - some of their line may be imported. Danner is probably the last old American company left. Almost every one of the old name boot companies have been bought out and are being produced in China (like everything else). My last pair of Red Wing boots had a sole come halfway off, snagged my foot on a pedal and caused me to fall off a tractor. Made in China. Never again. If you want the best boots made look at the Italian brands. They cost more but they're worth it.

EMDX6043

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 28, 2015
    Hammond
    I've never had an issue with any Red Wings I personally purchased (I'm on my 2nd pair of 4473's, made in the USA), besides the pair I got off the "Boot Mobile" at a previous employer...those were made in China.

Went through two pairs of Loggers before switching to the 4473 as well.

jerrob

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 1, 2013
    Cumberland Plateau
    I have two pair of Danner Quarry in rotation now with a 400 gram thinsulate pair of Quarry ready for colder weather.
    Great boots, but they are a beast to break in, especially two pair at a time. These have the yellow plug Vibram sole and work great both indoors and out.
    In past years, it was all about Carolinas, Red Wings and H&H, but I think the Danners may be broke in by the time the others would've been worn out.

lester

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    Greencastle
    Great boots, but they are a beast to break in, especially two pair at a time. These have the yellow plug Vibram sole and work great both indoors and out.

You are so right. I thought my boots were defective when I first got them because they were, well, painful? But after good wearing for a week or two, they became like moccasins (I'm not really exaggerating -- they feel really nice now and have stayed that way for years).

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Thats because you bought the cheap made in China crap line. Lots of the old good companies now have a good line made in the US and a junk line made in China. They try to hit multiple market segments. You bought the cheap ones and expected them to perform like the expensive ones. I hear this all the time. Red Wing, Danner, Chippewa, etc... didn't used to make better boots, you're just buying their new cheap line and expecting it to be at the level of their US made product.

I used to sell hiking and mountaineering boots. Danner still makes quality stuff - some of their line may be imported. Danner is probably the last old American company left. Almost every one of the old name boot companies have been bought out and are being produced in China (like everything else). My last pair of Red Wing boots had a sole come halfway off, snagged my foot on a pedal and caused me to fall off a tractor. Made in China. Never again. If you want the best boots made look at the Italian brands. They cost more but they're worth it.

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    I have the Danner 6" melees you mentioned, and love them. I've never had a bad pair of Danners, and have been wearing them since my first pair of fort lewis boots back in... 1988? Something like that.

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    I own a pair of Ft. Lewis boots and have worn them since I got them in 1980. They are on sole set 4. I also have four pairs of Acadias that I have been issued. I wear Danners every night I work. I was finally able to get my agency to understand that it is a moneey saver to spend 250.00 for a pair of boots. Junky boots are uncomfortable and cost more in the long run.

Onionsanddragons

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 13, 2014
    Terre Haute
    I own a pair of Ft. Lewis boots and have worn them since I got them in 1980. They are on sole set 4. I also have four pairs of Acadias that I have been issued. I wear Danners every night I work. I was finally able to get my agency to understand that it is a moneey saver to spend 250.00 for a pair of boots. Junky boots are uncomfortable and cost more in the long run.

QFT

High quality footwear will also result in fewer lower back and lower extremity medical issues (and therefore claims) long term, for any job that involves lots of standing/walking/jogging. It really is a bigger money saver than even the face value math would show.

craigkim

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Fishers
    Many people consider Danner Boots to be the best boot available for any amount of money. Sometimes that means they really are a lot of money.

I have a pair of the Danner Mountain Light II hiking boots that I have been wearing for years. The price for these boots at regular price is $349. No way I would ever afford them at that price, but I was able to buy them when Danner was having an inventory reduction sale one year. That special price was the only way I would have been able to afford these amazing boots! I'd been eyeing them for a decade and when the price was finally right, I was so thankful for being able to get them!

My boots:

View attachment 41188

Fast forward to today - Nelson & Co. is opening our first retail store in Greencastle and we are going to stock (what else but my favorite) Danner Boots. The initial order is hefty and we need some help. So my idea is to offer once-in-a-lifetime pre-order pricing on any style of Danner Boots you want.

To keep this thread about Danner Boots and not just my promotion - I made a special post about it in my INGO forum: https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/nelson-co/392578-danner-boots-everyone.html

Please click to go there to see how the unbelievable price promotion is going to work. In this thread, we talk about Danner! :)
    I bought the Danner Mountain Light II a few months ago. I have about 35 miles on them and they are starting to break in. The ML II is made in the US as are some of their higher end models. I love mine. I would not expect to take them out of the box and put on a comfortable boot. Ive had to use every lace technique in the book and about every eyelet has a different lace style through them, but I can already tell that these are going to be worth it once they get enough miles on them. They are very aggressively treaded and more of a stability style boot than agility. I feel like I am on mountain goat hooves when i wear them. Anyhow, no one else should buy these, so that I get to feel more unique.

Captain Bligh

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    Danner enjoys a stellar reputation. However, like so many foot wear manufacturers, Danner seems willing to exclude the narrow-footed segment of the market. Medium to wide feet, you're good. Narrow, not so much. It's the footwear equivalent to clothing manufacturers who don't offer tall sizes. So, I'm out. :(

lester

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    Greencastle
    Dang you guys. Making me get a pair of Danner boots. I need to retire my old work boots anyway.

6lXJRVuoR1iHY3daEnyv_34732412.jpg.jpg

:D

Top Bottom