Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    On the lake
    I wonder what the rest of the story is?

Man shot in Brooklyn

December 10, 2012

Brooklyn Marshal Chris Hester reportedly shot a man this afternoon when the man came to the Brooklyn Police Station with a weapon.

According to the Morgan County Sheriff's Deputy Scott Hamilton, a man came to the police station with a weapon and refused Hester's order to disarm. Hester then reportedly shot the man in the leg. The man, who has not been identified, was transported to the hospital.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Interesting...

Wonder what the guy was doing to earn the bullet. Standing there wanting to talk with someone with a holstered gun.... Or was it in his hand ready to go?

Hammer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    On the lake
    Interesting...

Wonder what the guy was doing to earn the bullet. Standing there wanting to talk with someone with a holstered gun.... Or was it in his hand ready to go?
    Kind of what I am wanting to know as well.

But that department and town has been riddled with controversy a few years ago.

KDUBCR250

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Martinsville
    Just up the road from me. Wife works at Brooklyn school and the police station is about a block away said it was a mad house up there. On her way home

KW730

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2012
    I went to high school with Chris Hester and always found him to be a great guy. Hopefully it was a good shoot. I am interested in hearing the entire story.

Edit: After talking to someone, the story I got is that a young man shot and killed his mother in Indianapolis and then drove to Brooklyn. He went to turn himself in at the police department, had second thoughts, ran and fired upon Hester, at which time he was dealt with accordingly.

Last edited:

.452browning

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    I went to high school with Chris Hester and always found him to be a great guy. Hopefully it was a good shoot. I am interested in hearing the entire story.

Edit: After talking to someone, the story I got is that a young man shot and killed his mother in Indianapolis and then drove to Brooklyn. He went to turn himself in at the police department, had second thoughts, ran and fired upon Hester, at which time he was dealt with accordingly.

I also went to school with Chris Hester. He was one grade above me. Sounds like a good shoot from the reports. Glad he is okay:yesway:

Top Bottom