• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheReaper

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2012
    Southeastern IN
    I am not stereotyping. I guarantee you that if I encounter a cop while in possession of a short barrel shotgun, I am going to jail. Let me guess though, you want me to petition the government for the right to carry a shotgun with a barrel that is 17.9 inches and not blame the cop for enforcing an a law that violates both the state and federal Constitution? Where do you draw the line for when it is okay for the police to impison someone simply because the legislature deems it a good idea?

The ATF agents at Waco were only doing their job. The cops that came for David Olofson were only doing their jobs too. Law enforcement that caught fugitive slaves in the 1800s and returned them to the south were just doing their jobs. The list goes on and on. It's well established that "following orders" isn't an excuse.

The reality is that the legislature spends 4 or 5 months a year in this state making up new nonsense to put people in jail for. I know, I was an intern inside the Statehouse. You expect me to petition to fight against all of this?

For the most part, all the police nonsense doesn't affect me. I don't use drugs (including legal ones like alcohol that the police use and then go arrest people for choosing a different substance to become inebriated). I've never had a speeding ticket. I just realize that even when people people I disagree or even actively dislike are oppressed, it is important to defend their rights.

Sovereign Citizen much?

ticktwrter

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    To Tickwrter,

Sir, this Principle doesn't apply to the thugs, it applies to police.

The civilian law enforcement officer in that video did not attempt to exercise persuasion, advice or warning. He escalated directly to physical force and engaged in combat.

I understand that sometimes this may be necessary, but the police should not receive carte blanche to do so.

I have witnessed first hand a police engagement in Brussels, Belgium. In the end the "troublemaker" and the police both walked away from one another. In the States the "troublemaker" would have wound up sprawled on the ground in cuffs for daring to push back without using his hands.

We lead the world in many things. Alas, certain aspects of law enforcement may be an area where we could learn something.

Refer again back to Peel who is all but forgotten.

Regards,

Doug

Funny, it looks like the officer did talk to the guy prior to going hands on. Yes, push me and I will take you to jail.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Sadly the thugs I deal with don't read these principles.

My children don't know about good parenting and bad parenting but that doesn't mean I'm absolved of my responsibility to exercise the former and not the latter.

This forum, by and large, isn't anti-LEO. It's anti-LE. It's opposed to the ever-encroaching powers and authority that are being handed to a select few in society. It's opposed to the idea that "officer safety" and "catch the criminal" have superseded the liberties of the people. What we have witnessed on this video is an example of that.

On a side note: it speaks to the character of the man himself that he couldn't control himself enough to deal with an annoyance without the use of force.

TheReaper

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2012
    Southeastern IN
    My children don't know about good parenting and bad parenting but that doesn't mean I'm absolved of my responsibility to exercise the former and not the latter.

This forum, by and large, isn't anti-LEO. It's anti-LE. It's opposed to the ever-encroaching powers and authority that are being handed to a select few in society. It's opposed to the idea that "officer safety" and "catch the criminal" have superseded the liberties of the people. What we have witnessed on this video is an example of that.

On a side note: it speaks to the character of the man himself that he couldn't control himself enough to deal with an annoyance without the use of force.

You're sadly mistaken here. You just don't see it because you share the ideals of those that fit this group.

Destro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    The Khyber Pass
    To Tickwrter,

Sir, this Principle doesn't apply to the thugs, it applies to police.

The civilian law enforcement officer in that video did not attempt to exercise persuasion, advice or warning. He escalated directly to physical force and engaged in combat.

I understand that sometimes this may be necessary, but the police should not receive carte blanche to do so.

I have witnessed first hand a police engagement in Brussels, Belgium. In the end the "troublemaker" and the police both walked away from one another. In the States the "troublemaker" would have wound up sprawled on the ground in cuffs for daring to push back without using his hands.

We lead the world in many things. Alas, certain aspects of law enforcement may be an area where we could learn something.

Refer again back to Peel who is all but forgotten.

Regards,

Doug

In the video I can clearly see the dude in the white shirt tell the cop he was going to shoot him in the face...what was the cop supposed to do, ask im to please stop?

Pinchaser

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 26, 2012
    It's anti-LE. It's opposed to the ever-encroaching powers and authority that are being handed to a select few in society. It's opposed to the idea that "officer safety" and "catch the criminal" have superseded the liberties of the people. What we have witnessed on this video is an example of that.

If you apply a biased prism, you can see just about anything you want to see. Reality is often quite different.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    You're sadly mistaken here. You just don't see it because you share the ideals of those that fit this group.
    No, I don't think I am. And I don't have an anti-LEO viewpoint. I don't see a JBT when I see a blue uniform. I don't see a police state when I see a blue uniform.

If you apply a biased prism, you can see just about anything you want to see. Reality is often quite different.

Would that be the same prism employed by the LEOs who start whining when we discuss these issues? All criticisms of LE are the functional equivalent of LEO bashing. You want me to believe that's reality?

So, tell me, Pot, do you like being black?

dragun762

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2013
    "To serve and protect" has become "to dominate and control" Why do leo's always play the "stressful or dangerous job" card? You knew what the job was about. And it is only a job you are free to do smething else if you feel that to be safe you need to violate our "human" rights. Are we to the point where you can be brutalized by police for saying something that a cop doesnt like? We all like to talk about when shtf right? Well when shtf do you really think the police will be your friends? They will be a gang of self- righteous unemployed thugs who will force their ideals on us all. I am not anti police I am anti polce brutality. I mean c'mon didnt you ever watch andy griffith:patriot:

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Funny, it looks like the officer did talk to the guy prior to going hands on. Yes, push me and I will take you to jail.

What happens if you push someone ?

This is exactly the problem. LEOs can do as they want and get away with it. No civilian can retaliate against a push like that. We are expected to exercise judgment and discretion to try to resolve the situation. These statements demonstrate you will not exercise that judgement. No wonder there is an anti-LE bias in Indiana—not just on :ingo:.

I understand cops have to be aggressive to do their job. I, too, want the cop to go home at the end of the shift to his family. I also want the cop to provide the necessary control of evil in our community. But this overbearing tough-guy arrogance eliminates any good will I once had for the LEO. I despise a bully.

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    "To serve and protect" has become "to dominate and control" Why do leo's always play the "stressful or dangerous job" card? You knew what the job was about. And it is only a job you are free to do smething else if you feel that to be safe you need to violate our "human" rights. Are we to the point where you can be brutalized by police for saying something that a cop doesnt like? We all like to talk about when shtf right? Well when shtf do you really think the police will be your friends? They will be a gang of self- righteous unemployed thugs who will force their ideals on us all. I am not anti police I am anti polce brutality. I mean c'mon didnt you ever watch andy griffith:patriot:

:+1:

ecross0351

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 3, 2012
    Wow! I can tell there are some very anti police people out here. I am sure none of you here have every made an arrest and probably never could handle the stress of the job. I have been a cop for over 22 years and have been in crowds like this. The person being arrested was interfering with a police officer doing his job. Interfering is justification for arrest and when he reached in between the officer and the other person. There is NO justification for resisting arrest. Had the crowd jumped in it would have elevated to possibly justifying deadly force by the officers. Swing on me and I guarantee I will use the necessary force to arrest you.

So whats the difference in you being justified to use deadly force for more then one attacker, but I'm just suppose to bend over and take it hoping the that you don't kill me? It's not the uniform that's for sure. Maybe I should have chosen to be in the countries largest gang.

ecross0351

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 3, 2012
    Just one guy's experience and opinion , don't be an asshat in public and this won't happen to you .

You see somebody getting arrested , don't stick your damn nose in it .

It really is just that simple .

They (cops) didn't go beating on anyone that didn't ask for it .:dunno:

Youre right some (cops) just dont mistake two womens bright blue f150 for for a single black man grey nissian titan and shoot it over 100 times either:dunno:

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Wow! I can tell there are some very anti police people out here. I am sure none of you here have every made an arrest and probably never could handle the stress of the job. I have been a cop for over 22 years and have been in crowds like this. The person being arrested was interfering with a police officer doing his job. Interfering is justification for arrest and when he reached in between the officer and the other person. There is NO justification for resisting arrest. Had the crowd jumped in it would have elevated to possibly justifying deadly force by the officers. Swing on me and I guarantee I will use the necessary force to arrest you.

There are a few points that merit consideration.

One of the first things the rest of us get fed up with really quick is the police superiority complex, which you demonstrated quite clearly in your second complete sentence. How in the universe do you know what stress the rest of us are capable of handling? Have you ever had enough stress to double the amount of gray hair on your head overnight? If not, don't superiority complex on me about handling stress.

Second, most of us, even the most critical among us, value honorable and efficient police. The problem is that there are three basic groups of police. Some are simply inefficient in their duties for one reason or other, some are criminals with badges, and some are truly superior officers. It becomes difficult to be generous with the benefit of the doubt when the third group is a distinct minority in one's experience. It may or may not be representative, but we didn't get to choose the police we have dealt with in our travels, and people tend to become the product of their experiences. I will grant you that the same applies to critics so far as they tend to be civil libertarians, bleeding hearts, or criminals/sympathizers. I have noticed that police tend to view critics as being the third group.

Third, there are plenty of us who have a major problem with government overreach. "Just following orders" didn't cut it at Nuremberg, and it doesn't cut it with a significant percentage of us. If you are the public face of .gov power grabs, you will be perceived as part of the problem, and by the Nuremberg standard, correctly perceived as such.

The point that disturbs me most with the police versus everyone else arguments on INGO is that generally we have the best and most upright of both groups represented here duking it out over the misdeeds of criminals with badges and criminals without badges. I am of the belief that most of those here critical of law enforcement are demanding a proper standard of conduct, including and especially honoring that oath regarding the constitutions of both the nation and the state, rather than simply having a general axe to grind with police. Most significantly, there is a problem with the inverted relationship developing in which the police are morphing from public servants and keepers of the peace to militarized public masters, which is the very thing our system of government was designed to prevent from happening.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Litttletommy, I have testified against a bad cop before. I have seen bad cops locked up and have no problems with that. I have it hard enough dealing with those looking for trouble with police let alone amongst our own officers.

When you ha to testify against the bad cop was it because he was so far past being covered for that there was only more harm done to the department if you didn't testify? Did the public find out about it so the department had no other choice than not to back their officer?
    Seems like most police wrongs are handled in house and the public never finds out. But if a citizen breaks the law they are going to the pokey.
    Just asking what was your circumstance for having to go against a fellow officer? I think it's great when a police officer stands up against wrongs inside their department but I am not convinced its the norm. I'm not dead set on that I just would like to have some confidence restored in law enforcement around the nation.

traderdan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Martinsville
    Did not really look like a fight to me,it really looked like a natural human response to over aggression.We still do not know the facts surrounding the incident.I will say that the officer or security guard or whatever he was that grabbed the guy sure needed assistance by the others!

Top Bottom