• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Waveraider

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Ticketwriter, You've been a member on INGO since 2008, but only have 8 posts to date and 4 of them are on this thread????? I'm not anti-cop at all, but where have you been with all the Police brutality psts in the last 5 years?

Pinchaser

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 26, 2012
    I'm not sure I've seen a gun forum on the Net that is this consistently anti-LEO. None of you have a clue what the kid said to the cop. From nothing more than what is shown in the video, we have no idea what transpired. We definitely don't have enough to conclude the cop did anything wrong. We definitely do have enough to conclude the kid did something very wrong.

ticktwrter

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Waive, I've been busy. Sorry I haven't had time to post a lot. I am against police brutality and dirty cops. I've worked long and hard to get a good reputation as a cop. Not every time people see a cop using force does it equate with police brutality.

Wreaver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    Right over there!
    I get frustrated with so many arm chair quarterbacks. It is so easy to sit home on this site and critique every little thing the police do wrong. If this officer used excessive force then file a complaint. The vast majority of officers work hard daily and many are injured every day and way too many killed every year. Perfect? No. Human? Yes.

A lot of good that does. There are countless incidents where the police officer was wrong without a shadow of a doubt and they get some paid time off, maybe a little unpaid time off. Not trying to say there aren't an equal or even greater number that don't face harsher punishment. Just saying maybe a more serious effort at policing themselves is in order.

TheReaper

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2012
    Southeastern IN
    I'm not sure I've seen a gun forum on the Net that is this consistently anti-LEO. None of you have a clue what the kid said to the cop. From nothing more than what is shown in the video, we have no idea what transpired. We definitely don't have enough to conclude the cop did anything wrong. We definitely do have enough to conclude the kid did something very wrong.

You got that right!

ticktwrter

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    It's no different than someone being arrested. It all starts as a complaint. Not every misstep by a cop requires termination.

Wreaver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    Right over there!
    It's no different than someone being arrested. It all starts as a complaint. Not every misstep by a cop requires termination.

I'm not arguing that everything is grounds for termination. I'm simply saying after some pretty egregious attacks officers have been allowed to keep their jobs. So you can't blame some folks when they scoff at the idea of filing a report.

xryan.jacksonx

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 3, 2012
    I'm not sure I've seen a gun forum on the Net that is this consistently anti-LEO.

So you are saying we should all worship at the alter of the enforcement class that has participated in and will continue to participate in the confiscation of firearms, even in direct contridiction to the Constitution? No thanks. I'm sure there are certainly cops that do look the other way and look past some of the bull****, but that isn't a majority. Until they stop sitting in unmarked squad cars trying to ticket people for breaking artificially low speed limits, it is safe to assume they aren't here to protect and serve. Until they stop setting up check points for warrantless searches, I won't be giving them the benefit of the doubt.

ticktwrter

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    I'm not arguing that everything is grounds for termination. I'm simply saying after some pretty egregious attacks officers have been allowed to keep their jobs. So you can't blame some folks when they scoff at the idea of filing a report.

The only way to go about it the right way is to file a complaint. Like it or not police have rights too. Just because someone witnesses what they feel is brutality does not make it so.

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    From what I saw, the guy crossed a line, inter fearing with the original arrest. The cop reacted rather violently, considering the initial response the guy gave, but then, I guess its what happens in situations like that.

Dont want beat down, stay back, dont want the 5-0 putting you in a choke hold, stay reasonably sober when in public, and use good judgement.

If I am being unjustly arrested, or detained, or whatever you want to call it, I sure am not going to fight, in any way, an officer, unless my life is beyond a reasonable doubt, in danger. Fight the battle in court, not in the street.

ticktwrter

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    So you are saying we should all worship at the alter of the enforcement class that has participated in and will continue to participate in the confiscation of firearms, even in direct contridiction to the Constitution? No thanks. I'm sure there are certainly cops that do look the other way and look past some of the bull****, but that isn't a majority. Until they stop sitting in unmarked squad cars trying to ticket people for breaking artificially low speed limits, it is safe to assume they aren't here to protect and serve. Until they stop setting up check points for warrantless searches, I won't be giving them the benefit of the doubt.

Wow! Nice stereotyping. The majority of cops I work with are VERY pro 2nd amendment. Many of them are avid gun collectors. I'm not asking anyone to "worship" at any altar. Whether you believe the speed limit is too low or not is not really the problem. If you think the speed limit is too low, petition to get it raised. Sometimes speed limits are too low, but that is not the fault of the officer writing the tickets, he/she is only doing a job.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan

Downeyfunny_zps4c3a0954.gif

Whitsettd8

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Nov 15, 2011
    Floyd Co
    We'll they all looked like a bunch of Nancie's spinning around and pulling on each other. All that was missing was some hair extensions being pulled out and Steve coming on stage to separate. It's pretty sad it took 3 cops to get this guy down. Been interesting to watch if this guy could handle himself or had a little weight to throw around.

ticktwrter

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    We'll they all looked like a bunch of Nancie's spinning around and pulling on each other. All that was missing was some hair extensions being pulled out and Steve coming on stage to separate. It's pretty sad it took 3 cops to get this guy down. Been interesting to watch if this guy could handle himself or had a little weight to throw around.

You forget despite having this guy to fight with they have to keep an eye on the crowd for other idiots that might try to interfere. I've been in a fight with a prisoner only to have the crowd circle us and and reach out to grab the suspect from us.

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    To All,

A clear loss of Peel's 9th Principle:

"The test of police efficiency is the absence of crime and disorder, not the visible evidence of police action in dealing with them."

A great man of thought and vision who would be gravely concerned with the turn law enforcement and the concept of law enforcement has taken today.

Also a strong violation of Peel's 6th Principle:

"
    The police should use physical force to the extent necessary to secure observance of the law or to restore order only when the exercise of persuasion,advice and warning is found to be insufficient to achieve police objectives; and police should use only the minimum degree of physical force which is necessary on any particular occasion for achieving a police objective."

Peel Principles, like our knowing why our right to keep and bear arms is important, is being lost to the noise of modern life. Sad.

Regards,

Doug

ticktwrter

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    To All,

A clear loss of Peel's 9th Principle:

"The test of police efficiency is the absence of crime and disorder, not the visible evidence of police action in dealing with them."

A great man of thought and vision who would be gravely concerned with the turn law enforcement and the concept of law enforcement has taken today.

Also a strong violation of Peel's 6th Principle:

"
    The police should use physical force to the extent necessary to secure observance of the law or to restore order only when the exercise of persuasion,advice and warning is found to be insufficient to achieve police objectives; and police should use only the minimum degree of physical force which is necessary on any particular occasion for achieving a police objective."

Peel Principles, like our knowing why our right to keep and bear arms is important, is being lost to the noise of modern life. Sad.

Regards,

Doug
    Sadly the thugs I deal with don't read these principles.

xryan.jacksonx

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 3, 2012
    Wow! Nice stereotyping. The majority of cops I work with are VERY pro 2nd amendment. Many of them are avid gun collectors. I'm not asking anyone to "worship" at any altar. Whether you believe the speed limit is too low or not is not really the problem. If you think the speed limit is too low, petition to get it raised. Sometimes speed limits are too low, but that is not the fault of the officer writing the tickets, he/she is only doing a job.

I am not stereotyping. I guarantee you that if I encounter a cop while in possession of a short barrel shotgun, I am going to jail. Let me guess though, you want me to petition the government for the right to carry a shotgun with a barrel that is 17.9 inches and not blame the cop for enforcing an a law that violates both the state and federal Constitution? Where do you draw the line for when it is okay for the police to impison someone simply because the legislature deems it a good idea?

The ATF agents at Waco were only doing their job. The cops that came for David Olofson were only doing their jobs too. Law enforcement that caught fugitive slaves in the 1800s and returned them to the south were just doing their jobs. The list goes on and on. It's well established that "following orders" isn't an excuse.

The reality is that the legislature spends 4 or 5 months a year in this state making up new nonsense to put people in jail for. I know, I was an intern inside the Statehouse. You expect me to petition to fight against all of this?

For the most part, all the police nonsense doesn't affect me. I don't use drugs (including legal ones like alcohol that the police use and then go arrest people for choosing a different substance to become inebriated). I've never had a speeding ticket. I just realize that even when people people I disagree or even actively dislike are oppressed, it is important to defend their rights.

Last edited:

Whitsettd8

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Nov 15, 2011
    Floyd Co
    I get it I saw the random guy take a swing in a crowded place like that I'm sure things could get out of control fast. It just seemed like a sissy fight and people are blowing it out of perspective.

You forget despite having this guy to fight with they have to keep an eye on the crowd for other idiots that might try to interfere. I've been in a fight with a prisoner only to have the crowd circle us and and reach out to grab the suspect from us.

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Sadly the thugs I deal with don't read these principles.

To Tickwrter,

Sir, this Principle doesn't apply to the thugs, it applies to police.

The civilian law enforcement officer in that video did not attempt to exercise persuasion, advice or warning. He escalated directly to physical force and engaged in combat.

I understand that sometimes this may be necessary, but the police should not receive carte blanche to do so.

I have witnessed first hand a police engagement in Brussels, Belgium. In the end the "troublemaker" and the police both walked away from one another. In the States the "troublemaker" would have wound up sprawled on the ground in cuffs for daring to push back without using his hands.

We lead the world in many things. Alas, certain aspects of law enforcement may be an area where we could learn something.

Refer again back to Peel who is all but forgotten.

Regards,

Doug

ticktwrter

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    I am not stereotyping. I guarantee you that if I encounter a cop while in possession of a short barrel shotgun, I am going to jail. Let me guess though, you want me to petition the government for the right to carry a shotgun with a barrel that is 17.9 inches and not blame the cop for enforcing an a law that violates both the state and federal Constitution? Where do you draw the line for when it is okay for the police to impison someone simply because the legislature deems it a good idea?

The ATF agents at Waco were only doing their job. The cops that came for David Olofson were only doing their jobs too. Law enforcement that caught fugitive slaves in the 1800s and returned them to the south were just doing their jobs. The list goes on and on. It's well established that "following orders" isn't an excuse.

The reality is that the legislature spends 4 or 5 months a year in this state making up new nonsense to put people in jail for. I know, I worked inside the Statehouse. You expect me to petition to fight against all of this?

For the most part, all the police nonsense doesn't affect me. I don't use drugs (including legal ones like alcohol that the police use and then go arrest people for choosing a different substance to become inebriated). I've never had a speeding ticket. I just realize that even when people people I disagree or even actively dislike are oppressed, it is important to defend their rights.

Well, I can tell nothing I say will satisfy you. Yes, if you don't like the laws petition to change them.

Top Bottom