• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DecaturGB

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    What kind of oil or other product do you use on your blades? If one is using there EDC for some food prep, what would you recommend? Lastly has anyone tried Froglube for this purpose?

I generally have used Sentry's Tuf-cloth in the past with decent results. Thanks all. BTW: great to have this subforum for us knife crazy peeps. Been fascinated with blades since I was a young person.

traderdan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Martinsville
    Several years ago my wife gave me a pocket knife that is absolutely beautiful..Bone handle,patterned Damascus blade. Damascus steel is really prone to rust. I cook every day,in the summer, harvest vegetables,in short...the knife gets sprayed with aerosol canola oil and rubbed hard with a paper towel 2 or three times each week. No rust yet!

DecaturGB

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Thanks for the input all. I do have some mineral oil on hand so will use it for now and will try some other suggestions as well.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Ballistol on knives that are used for food prep. Tuf-Glide on knives that I am storing or never used with food.

DecaturGB

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Thanks again for all the input. Looks like there are lots of options available, just like knives....

Top Bottom