• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jrainw

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 20, 2008
    Morgan county
    Echo, Stihl, Honda etc are all having lots of carb problems. It's not the carbs fault it's the nasty fuel we are being sold. Be extra careful with your fuel(alcohol content, age, dirt/water). Buy from a dealer, not a box store and the CS will be better also.

dsol

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    Jeffersonville
    Yep, Honda is made in the USA but the profits go to Japan. No profit for US companies like the "Big 3".

I don't much care where the profits go. A lot of money is invested back in the local plants for machinery, support, infrastructure, ect... plus the plants are employing people who then support their local economy. We need more of that. I would rather buy a Honda made in the USA than a Chevy made in Mexico personally. I like Ford not taking the government bailout and bringing themselves back on their own but I wonder how many of their vehicles are made elsewhere. A big Ford truck plant is here in Louisville, so I know those are local but would have to research where another car is made before I bought it.

I would love to dump my wife's Suzuki XL7 for something US made and hope to do so in another year or so. There was nothing comparable in the price range we were looking for at the time that would fit 7 people and not be a mini-van. God I hate mini-vans... but they sure are handy when hauling kids and friends and soccer gear and bags and craptons of crap.

confused89

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 31, 2009
    IN
    I kept buying Wolverine work boots and I could never get more than a year out of them. Apparently I am a little rough on my shoes. I went to a Red Wing store and the guy was telling me all about the boots. They were pretty pricey. My comment that caught him of guard was that if I am spending that much money on them I am going to buy a pair made in the US. He didn't know what to say. I then asked him which pairs were made here. 5 pairs in the entire store, it's pitiful.

Bowman78

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 12, 2010
    Camby
    If I wewre in the market for a brand new truck right now (wish I was) id be driving a toyota tundra, and my dad spent many years working at ford and I can get A-plan. Id still be driving a tundra
    You would get a lesser truck with a new tundra vs a new f-150.. Weaker engine weaker frame but still a good truck.. Ford has come a LONG way in the past 4 years with quality in power train design and their frames on their light duty trucks have been some of the best for about 10 years.. I used to hate fords quality issues as I got to fix them under warranty..

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    It all comes down to money. Americans are greedy....

I love how Americans always complain about the Hispanics.........but then they hire them because they are the cheapest.

Everything went to hell when they decided to start "badging" names on products. Have a cheap mower built in China and call it a John Deere so Lowes can sell it. That is why some companies like Snapper refuse to allow the product to be badged. I read where the guy who owns Snapper turned down 100's of millions of dollars from a big box store to badge Snapper's. They are like Stihl....a dealer only item, that way the name don't get junked like Troy Built, Cub Cadet and John Deere.

Go to a dealer and buy a real machine.

And for the record...I have a 2000 Chevy 2500 with 300,000+ miles, all original. I have a 2004 F250 with 280,000 all original....both of these are snowplow trucks for their entire life. SO they do occasionally build a good one or I am just lucky.

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    The EPA. Want to bring back "Made in America?" One part of the solution is to greatly control this very anti-American behemoth. The liberals are purposely destroying America any way they can and their control and manipulation of the uneducated, through things like the EPA, is a major way they do so. If you are under age 40, you have no concept of what manufacturing used to be in this country. It's gone. It's been that way for 30 years. We stood by and watched. Our schools taught our kids that it was a good thing.

The whole government is ruining everything

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    The EPA. Want to bring back "Made in America?" One part of the solution is to greatly control this very anti-American behemoth. The liberals are purposely destroying America any way they can and their control and manipulation of the uneducated, through things like the EPA, is a major way they do so. If you are under age 40, you have no concept of what manufacturing used to be in this country. It's gone. It's been that way for 30 years. We stood by and watched. Our schools taught our kids that it was a good thing.

You are dead on it.....don't know about the EPA, but society in general has failed. When we were in school we had wood class, metals class, etc. Shop was where we learned to do stuff with our hands. Fast forward 20 years and my kids never had that. I asked the shop teacher why that was and he said "we want our kids to be schooled in how to build and design and not labor". Shop class now days is cad design and other computer studies.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    You are dead on it.....don't know about the EPA, but society in general has failed. When we were in school we had wood class, metals class, etc. Shop was where we learned to do stuff with our hands. Fast forward 20 years and my kids never had that. I asked the shop teacher why that was and he said "we want our kids to be schooled in how to build and design and not labor". Shop class now days is cad design and other computer studies.

The EPA is the single largest cause of extensive unemployment in the USA today.

Further, the EPA is making the world dirtier, even if the USA is getting cleaner.

The EPA is layering regulations onto businesses and making "reasonably clean" factories upgrade their emission scrubbers to the point that it is too expensive to upgrade the factory. So the factory moves to Mexico, India, China or some other country where the regulations are lower. We lose the factory. We lose the jobs. The "reasonably clean" factory is moved to another country and they build it to LOWER emissions standards so the world actually gets dirtier.

Thank you EPA for screwing the US. And the world.

bobbittle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 19, 2011
    West side
    It all comes down to money. Americans are greedy....

I love how Americans always complain about the Hispanics.........but then they hire them because they are the cheapest.

Everything went to hell when they decided to start "badging" names on products. Have a cheap mower built in China and call it a John Deere so Lowes can sell it. That is why some companies like Snapper refuse to allow the product to be badged. I read where the guy who owns Snapper turned down 100's of millions of dollars from a big box store to badge Snapper's. They are like Stihl....a dealer only item, that way the name don't get junked like Troy Built, Cub Cadet and John Deere.

Go to a dealer and buy a real machine.

And for the record...I have a 2000 Chevy 2500 with 300,000+ miles, all original. I have a 2004 F250 with 280,000 all original....both of these are snowplow trucks for their entire life. SO they do occasionally build a good one or I am just lucky.

The John Deere mowers sold at Lowes are made in Tennessee, and they're the same model you can get from a John Deere dealer. Are the equal in quality to the x300 or x500? Nope.

Snapper stuff is is being sold at Walmart now just FYI.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    I'm gonna take the lazy way out on this one. . . .Am I the only one that found humor in him bashing his "made in America" F150 that was built in Mexico and at the same time extolling the virtues of his multiple Hondas, which ARE made in America? Over 300k miles on my F350 and over 250k on my Explorer, just takes a little preventative maintenance.

I love ironic humor, it's "almost" the best kind.:rockwoot:

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    The John Deere mowers sold at Lowes are made in Tennessee, and they're the same model you can get from a John Deere dealer. Are the equal in quality to the x300 or x500? Nope.

Snapper stuff is is being sold at Walmart now just FYI.

I dont really care where they are built...the fact is they dumbed them down and cheapened them to put in box stores. If they are all created equal......why then can you not buy an X model at a box store?

B&S now owns Snapper....not an individual. Google the article Bill Smith was quoted in......BTW, B&S also owns Murray.

bobbittle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 19, 2011
    West side
    I dont really care where they are built...the fact is they dumbed them down and cheapened them to put in box stores. If they are all created equal......why then can you not buy an X model at a box store?

B&S now owns Snapper....not an individual. Google the article Bill Smith was quoted in......BTW, B&S also owns Murray.

So you first post something riddled with inaccuracies, yet now you don't care about the main points of your original post?

Of course the 100-series tractors aren't equivalent to the higher end models, they're also half the price. Many manufacturers restrict what products they allow to be sold at big box stores to give dealers something to compete with so to speak. You'll also get much better service if you have issues with said product when purchased from a dealer. I work at a big box store (not in a selling position) and see on a daily basis the disaster that is trying to send out products to be serviced. I also get to see the multitude of morons who think using year old gas, running over/into things, and even forgetting to put oil in their products think their mower/whatever is going to be covered under warranty.

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    jss1956, BUY A DODGE, problem SOLVED.....

AA Optics, right here on INGO, problem SOLVED !!!!!!

I own a Dodge, Caravan, with a 3.3 engine NO problems ..... 350,000 miles, bought it brand new, with

10 miles on it .....

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    So you first post something riddled with inaccuracies, yet now you don't care about the main points of your original post?

Of course the 100-series tractors aren't equivalent to the higher end models, they're also half the price. Many manufacturers restrict what products they allow to be sold at big box stores to give dealers something to compete with so to speak. You'll also get much better service if you have issues with said product when purchased from a dealer. I work at a big box store (not in a selling position) and see on a daily basis the disaster that is trying to send out products to be serviced. I also get to see the multitude of morons who think using year old gas, running over/into things, and even forgetting to put oil in their products think their mower/whatever is going to be covered under warranty.

blah blah blah......point is box stores sell junk that the dealers make specifically for them. If you want something worth owning, pay for it and stop being greedy. That's all. Your box store don't sell real JD mowers, that have been made for decades, because you can't....they are dealer only items. Of course the dealer can sell what the box store sells.....but the box store cannot offer what the dealer does. Same with Snapper. The only inaccuracy was you trying to convince us the junk a box store peddles is the same as the dealer. Box stores sells Murray with a badge...there is a reason it is half the price.

drop45

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2012
    My empire of dirt
    Hohn I hate to say it but I feel it's the truth. I'm not happy to say it, I'm actually saddened by the whole thing, but if OUR country doesn't wake up we're in for a heap of trouble. There are only so many 'service' jobs available-we need to start manufacturing more products.

Top Bottom