May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas

KoopaKGB

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 99%
    101   1   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    South Bend
    How about a semi auto RPD built on a US Made receiver $2100 plus shipping. I personally would never buy one, its like buying a Ferrari with a Toyota engine in it. It looks cool as heck but performance wise its still just a plain semi auto. Anyway heres a link to show you what I'm talking about. And it wont cost you $15,000+. Think of all the cool stuff you can buy with the extra 13 grand you'd save buying on of these.

Semi Auto 7.62 X 39 RPD Rifle - RPDRIFLE-D S Arms

indy1919a4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    So Many toys So little time..

Considering they are phasing out the m249 and spare parts are out there, I can not figure out why they are so pricey ???? I do know the parts are hard to get.. But I do wonder if that will change.. ????

Wow the RPD is to cool.. I do want one of those...

Per the 1919a6. That is a money Pit... Because after you have the a6 version and feel how uncomfortable it is to carry and shoot, you will have to get a Tripod, and then a T&E.. A crank... And thats just the beginning.. Then you will want a cloth belt or two.. Then you have to load the cloth belt... etc etc. Then after all that you will see some butt kicking 1927 tripod or want to have it so it looks like a water cooled version and just keep spending......

BUUUUT Just to make this more painful.. Les Not Forget the mg42 / M53 Semi.. Pop the quick change barrel release just once and you will have to have it...

adam

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    Noblesville
    I had my fun with the m249 overseas. Fun to shoot sure, but lugging that beast around was a pain in the ass. I actually preferred the m240, carried better and they run like fine tuned sewing machines.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nsg5rMT4vNA&feature=g-upl[/ame]

Excalibur

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   2   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    I don't see the point of a semi auto SAW or anything that was originally supposed to be used in full auto. You're better off getting an AR and slapping a beta or surefire mag into it. It's be lighter and more practical. Unless you have a lot of money to waste and just "to have"

Slow Hand

Master
    Rating - 99.4%
    153   1   0
    Aug 27, 2008
    West Side
    I don't see the point of a semi auto SAW or anything that was originally supposed to be used in full auto. You're better off getting an AR and slapping a beta or surefire mag into it. It's be lighter and more practical. Unless you have a lot of money to waste and just "to have"

Wait, you don't see the point in a semi version of a machine gun but you reccomended an AR? Something seems to be lacking here...

Excalibur

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   2   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    Wait, you don't see the point in a semi version of a machine gun but you reccomended an AR? Something seems to be lacking here...

An AR-15 is better than a semi auto SAW. Weight factor and utility is better. You can do all the same thing with a semi auto AR-15 over a semi auto SAW which was originally designed as a machine gun and meant for squad support. All you get with a semi auto one is just a really heavy rifle that has more or less the same accuracy as an AR-15.

Ljungman

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Lake Superior
    recently saw a 1919 in 308 and 8mm, had i the money ..i would have the 1919. nifty and you dont see one of those often in your foyer...umbrella holder..coat hanger...but 1919 in my foyer...yeah i could dig it.

Top Bottom