• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NAM67-68

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2011
    Is there any chance that the weapons like the M2 Carbine that were brought back from Korea and Vietnam will ever be legal to own? I heard a rumor about a bring back M2 Carbine that maybe for sale. I don't want to try to track it down if it is going to be a waste of time.

rhslover

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 6, 2012
    Since M2's brought back from Korea were stolen U.S. Govt property I doubt that they will ever be legal.

AppliedB

Marksman
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    All NFA items must have a form 4 to be "Transferable". If the seller can show you one then you would be ok but I doubt that they can.

Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    I think there were several amnesties for machine gun registration (before 86 obviously), specifically to catch bring backs and other guns manufactured but not registered.

So as long as the gun is on a Form 4, then you are fine. If it's not, then you'd be buying yourself an all expenses paid 10 year trip to PMitA Federal Prison.

curraheeguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    NW Hendricks County
    I think there were several amnesties for machine gun registration (before 86 obviously)

Only one amnestity has ever taken place. It was poorly advertised and was only open for 30 days.

Section 3.2 Who may register NFA firearms

3.2.1 Amnesty registration.
    When the NFA was amended in 1968, a 30-day amnesty period immediately following the law’s effective date was established during which persons possessing unregistered firearms could register them in the NFRTR.

The 1968 amendments also provided for the establishment of additional amnesty periods not exceeding 90 days per period.

To date, no additional amnesty periods have been declared. Requests for further amnesty periods have been denied, principally because additional periods could jeopardize pending ATF investigations and prosecutions of NFA violations.

Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    I stand corrected.

Either way, well before I was born. Hell, I was only 8 when the Hughes Amendment poisoned pill went into effect. Sadly, I never had a chance at all with the pre-86 cheap Class III fun. :crying:

Top Bottom