• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    No apology will be granted, but I am hoping for repentance on your part. Carrying the M&P to Nashville is a start, but your sacrifice will not be complete until every last Glock has left your possession. I will not take you to Five Guys, but you are welcome to a free training session with me on gunhandling without an external safety:D

Eh....I think I'll have to take a pass on that one! :D I'm currently shooting my favorite 45 that never did come with a thumb safety :D

MondayFeb15023.jpg

jbell_64

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 11, 2011
    Mitchell
    I had to wait a little longer to get it, but my M&P 40c has NEITHER thumb nor magazine safeties. I see them as more moving parts. Simple is good. Guess maybe I should just have wheel guns....

HighStrung

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Pendleton
    My personal opinion, keep your finger off the trigger, and it doesn't go off. No real reason for an external safety on this gun. Have carried mine daily for a number of years now and surprisingly (insert sarcasm) its never just gone off. The biggest safety possible is between your ears.

downzero

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2010
    There really isn't a pro or a con to it unless you don't train yourself in getting the safety off as it's coming out of the holster.

It doesn't really matter with a striker fired gun (because the drop safety will block the striker from moving unless the trigger is pulled), but this is not proper technique. The proper way to draw a gun with a thumb safety is to draw, press the gun out toward the target and THEN sweep off the safety. The idea is that the safety is able to block all sear movement until the gun is pointed in a safe direction (and specifically NOT at your leg).

spence1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2011
    Noblesville, IN
    Mine has no safety and I love it. With no safety it works like the glock trigger
    I see the safety as just another step to get thru before you can fire. If a gun fight in self defense is "over" in 3-5 seconds, I don't want to have to worry about removing or checking the safety. Just sayin:rolleyes:

Top Bottom