• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ASMITH925

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Paragon
    I ve been wanting to buy a 22 pistol, because they ammo cheap when you can find it. I m between these 3 pistols. I would like to hear feedback on which one to buy.

Fish609

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2008
    NW Indiana
    I really liked my P22 but eventually sold it to fund a .22 conversion for the Glock 19. I really liked the feel of the P22 because it was so small and I have tiny hands lol. I really like the Glock conversion because now I can shoot from the same frame for a fraction of the cost.

Midskier

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 25, 2012
    NWI IL/IN BORDER
    OP have you held each one yet? held the sr22 with both grip sleeves?
    the m&p does not have interchangeable back straps like the rest of the line does, it's the medium size. and the m&p is dao while the sr22 is da / sa hammer I don't know anything about the p22.........

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    OP have you held each one yet? held the sr22 with both grip sleeves?
    the m&p does not have interchangeable back straps like the rest of the line does, it's the medium size. and the m&p is dao while the sr22 is da / sa hammer I don't know anything about the p22.........

Huh? the MP2 is not DA/SA, and has no hammer.

Dog1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 15, 2010
    Clark County, Indiana
    Huh? the MP2 is not DA/SA, and has no hammer.

M&P22 has a internal hammer-

IMG_2561.jpg

LANShark42

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Evansville
    Just shot my used P22 for the first time. I've very happy with it. It seemed to like Federal bulk ammo just fine. I have rather large hands (I'm 6'3, 300#) but oddly enough, I prefer the smaller backstap. YMMV

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    My little brother in law has a P22 at my house for me to clean right now. Holding it up against my M&P it's doesn't even compare as far as comfort goes, but my hands aren't small. That could just as easily go the other way. Keep in mind though that if you're going to want a lot of mags or even just a few extra you should know that M&P mags are hard to find right now. I've had three on order with the S&W website since Christmas time. Nobody seems to be able to get them in stock at the moment, but that could all change in a week or two also. Just saying that you may want to look at the entire package you want to have and not just the gun.

Midskier

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 25, 2012
    NWI IL/IN BORDER
    my apologies to the "action" police

The M&P22 pistol is a single-action hammer-fired semi-automatic. While externally it resembles the other M&P pistols, it has a completely different action.

The SR22 is engineered with a light double-action trigger pull and a crisp, clean single-action pull. Its external hammer is designed with a rounded spur for easy cocking and single-action firing.

strokin7.3

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 23, 2012
    Hancock County
    Love my sr22. Great gun and runs any ammo I can find. It even ran the crappy remington bulk packs that none of my semi auto 22 rifles would run reliably on. I rented the m&p a couple months ago and I liked it, I just didnt like it as much as my ruger. Now if I ever get a centerfire m&p I would also pick one of the 22 versions up, but cheap training with a similar handgun would be the only reason I would add one to my collection.

Sgtusmc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    indiana
    I'm all about the SR22p. I even have an M&P VTAC in 9mm, but I didnt want a full size 22.
    I did quite a bit of research between the variants and most opinions leaned towards the SR22p as being most feature rich and reliable of the newer 22's out now.

picture.php

picture.php

Ambi safety and mag release
    Double and single action
    Safety decocker
    Changeable grips
    The barrel is thicker than my 5.7
    Threaded barrels are available
    Nice small size for use as a backup
    Adjustable rear sights

Last edited:

BlueCow

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2012
    i love my m&p22, was just shooting it today. ive had it for about a month and have put 1000 rounds though it. never a failure. eats everything ive put in it. its really comfortable, nice sights. i bought it to use as a training pistol. i have a m&p9 but thats a bit too expensive to shoot at the moment, so i picked up the m&p22.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I just got done cleaning my brother in laws gun and even after being generous with the frog lube it still feels clumbsy working the slide. Once I was done cleaning/lubing I got my S&W M&P out and worked the action. The M&P was like butter but at twice the size. Get whatever makes you happy but tonight I'm especially glad I bought an M&P.

Top Bottom