• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MrJewbagel

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2012
    West Laffy
    I've been cruising around ArmsList and HoosierTopics for the past few months, and lately I've seen outrageous prices for 15-22's!

I bought mine from a local dealer earlier this month for a mere $600, and that was with two extra mags and 750rounds of CCI tactical ammo. But, just the other day, I saw people selling the standard 15-22's for upwards of $900 and then 25round mags for near $100 each!

I want to know if these are the prices people are actually buying them for, or are these people just posting it for those prices and hoping someone of a lesser intellect thinks it's a deal?! (No offense, of course, if those are the going prices. I just find it extremely hard to believe.)

-Alan

bobbittle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 19, 2011
    West side
    There are 3 on gunbroker ending within an hour that are each over $600 w/ 2 mags. Probably hit at least $700.

Mags are nearing $100/each on gunbroker (bids, not asking).

MrJewbagel

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2012
    West Laffy
    Wow, that just seems ludicrous to me. Thanks for the confirmation though.

If I didn't love mine, I'd be extremely tempted to sell it for those prices.

MrJewbagel

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2012
    West Laffy
    Extremely. And to think, I was planning on buying my first AR this summer since I've been saving up for a while. I had enough to buy a M&P 15 before this madness started, so I settled for the 15-22.

Rflix

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2011
    Downtown
    A guy I know picked one up for 800 and that's just with a mag. I told him that was more than double the price and he said "you wait too long you pay the cost". I just shook my head.

MrJewbagel

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2012
    West Laffy
    Haha, and that's the mentality of a lot of people it seems. I'm just as upset with sellers adding "pre-ban" to their posts, as it is a lie (as of now at least) and urges on all of the panic buying.

It's a wild world.

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    wait.... you paid $600 for an m&p15 and youre complaning about higher prices than that? wow! i didnt realize prices were so nuts for that one!

MrJewbagel

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2012
    West Laffy
    It was $600 for it, three 25round mags, and 750 rounds of CCI tactical ammo. That includes taxes and whatnot, so it wasn't marked up too bad compared to normal.

dubsac

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Indianapolis
    depending how bad you want one Wittakers in owensboro ky got 15 in today of model mod811033 for $472.99, this is the version with the threaded barrel. If you have facebook follow them Whittaker Guns. They update multiple times daily on there shipments and guns available.

__Doc_

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2011
    Henry Co
    Wow. I paid like 400$ for mine last year. Mags are very hard to find. I'm shocked to hear 100$ per mag for them though. Id like to see what people are paying for the 30+ round 15-22 mags

MrJewbagel

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2012
    West Laffy
    Not a m&p15 but a m&p15-22
    Good point, I just figured he meant that but I could be wrong.

depending how bad you want one Wittakers in owensboro ky got 15 in today of model mod811033 for $472.99, this is the version with the threaded barrel. If you have facebook follow them Whittaker Guns. They update multiple times daily on there shipments and guns available.
    Thats a little more than mine, same model I believe, was before taxes if I hadn't bought ammo and extra mags. But it's good to know that all dealers aren't exploiting the prices.

Wow. I paid like 400$ for mine last year. Mags are very hard to find. I'm shocked to hear 100$ per mag for them though. Id like to see what people are paying for the 30+ round 15-22 mags
    I saw a 75 round mag going for $400 at the last show I went to. It was about $80 before all this.

ForceTA308

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 4, 2012
    Just picked one up today from a LGS for $535. It was their Magpul version that came with MOE stock, MOE grip, and MBUS front and rear flip up sights and a MOE cheek riser. Not a bad deal. It was the same price at the same place about 4 months ago and I've been wanting one for a while.

fastang50

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Force- you'll enjoy it as a practical training piece. The only thing that's really off about them is the weight.

eta: that and you'll try to rip the charging handle off the first couple of times since it doesn't move very far.

MrJewbagel

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2012
    West Laffy
    Just picked one up today from a LGS for $535. It was their Magpul version that came with MOE stock, MOE grip, and MBUS front and rear flip up sights and a MOE cheek riser. Not a bad deal. It was the same price at the same place about 4 months ago and I've been wanting one for a while.
    That's a good deal as well! I didn't get the MOE version because I removed the factory sights and replaced them with these (Amazon.com: GDT AR15 AR 15 Front and Rear 45 Degree Rapid Transition BUIS Backup Iron Sight: Sports & Outdoors) so I could mount an optic without hindrance. I also added a Hogue grip. I've yet to find a suitable semi-cheap replacement stock though. Oh, and I also added a Grip Pod I found for half price eBay. :D

MrJewbagel

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2012
    West Laffy
    Force- you'll enjoy it as a practical training piece. The only thing that's really off about them is the weight.

eta: that and you'll try to rip the charging handle off the first couple of times since it doesn't move very far.

Yep, but when you add a lot of accessories it helps for that purpose. Also, I bought a replacement aluminum charging handle so it feel's a little more hefty.

ForceTA308

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 4, 2012
    I saw those alum charging handles, might try to pick one of those up. I was looking for a good host for my Thompson Machine can and this is perfect. The more I look at it, the more I like the idea of possibly doing an SBR down the road.

bcskypilot

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   1
    Jan 22, 2012
    Westfield, IN
    I've been looking for a 15-22 MOE FDE or MOE. Did your lgs have any left?

MrJewbagel

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2012
    West Laffy
    I saw those alum charging handles, might try to pick one of those up. I was looking for a good host for my Thompson Machine can and this is perfect. The more I look at it, the more I like the idea of possibly doing an SBR down the road.
    That would be amazing! And as for the charging handle, they also make several other higher-quality replacement parts for the 15-22 if it's something you were wanting to do.

I've been looking for a 15-22 MOE FDE or MOE. Did your lgs have any left?
    Mine had one, but it was gone the next time I went back.

Top Bottom