• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    NE Indiana
    Lugar backs _1 gas tax to force energy changes | The Journal Gazette

Every gallon of gas should cost $1 more, Sen. Richard Lugar, R-Ind., said, so Americans buy less and the country imports less foreign-produced oil.

And for those of us (read: ME) that only drive the absolute MAXIMUM that we have to, what is your response?

Lugar said governments have two ways of changing people’s behavior: make it illegal or tax it. A price increase through higher taxes, he said, is “almost always the most efficient, least invasive and most transparent remedy for market failure.”

Ohhhhh! So it is for the common good that we (I) pay more to drive... Gotcha!

Charles Krauthammer said the $1 tax should be returned to people through lower payroll taxes or higher Social Security payments so their out-of-pocket expenses are the same.

And for those of us that are disabled vets? You're saying that I should recoup my expenses for driving to my doctors' offices through my wife's payroll taxes? Hmm, yeahhhhh... I don't see that happening.

Mr. Lugar, you sir will be getting a letter. SCHMUCK.

USMC_0311

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 30, 2008
    Anderson
    Quote:
    Lugar said governments have two ways of changing people’s behavior: make it illegal or tax it. A price increase through higher taxes, he said, is “almost always the most efficient, least invasive and most transparent remedy for market failure.”

Well the people have 2 ways to change the governments behavior.

1 vote the idiots out of office

2 well I won't go there yet

LUGAR HAS TO GO

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Lugar has been a moron for a long time. He's been sucking at the taxpayer's teat way too long.

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    Lugar has been a moron for a long time. He's been sucking at the taxpayer's teat way too long.

He's been sucking more than teat for a long time :rolleyes: Lugar will vote to confirm Eric Holder and votes more in line with the Ted Kennedy Democrats. He doesn't want out of office (has it way too easy) but he needs to go ASAP

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    10°17'42.48"N 85°5
    OK I'm confused here. Wasn't it not a few weeks back that they were thinking about raising the gas tax on gas and diesel? The reason was that people are driving less and less fuel tax was being collected? Not enough money was going into the coffers to fund pork projects.....er...um highway & transportation maintenance? Wasn't that what they wanted, people to drive less? They found out that they weren't collecting enough money. So now they want to force you into driving less by raising the tax even higher. I say FU Richard Luger. When was the last time you pumper your own gas, went to the market for a gallon of milk. Better yet, hoping you have enough work so you can make payroll and PAY YOUR TAXES. I have nothing but resentment for these people. They all make me want to vomit. I would just love for them to spend a day in the shoes of the average american. :xmad:

DodgebyDave

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Richard Smoker is preparing his exit strategy, look for an Andy Jacobs/Julia Carson play to keep the Indiana Senate Deal one repuke and one rat.

Doesn't matter who the "player to be named later" is, whoever it is will be more of the same.

The real crime is that this SOB will go down in the anals of Indiana history as a great statesman. Besides the fact that he will cost us thousands in health care alone before he buys it.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    It would be nice to think that there is still an honest person that would run for this seat.
    Now back to reality.

It is the devil you know against the devil you don't. Luger has sold away more than just health care. I don't recall "Big Dick" working to hard to keep the military jobs and defense department money here when the BRAC Crap started. Losing Grissom and Fort Ben hurt the state a lot.

sharpetop

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    Lugar is a poster child as to why these jackasses should have term limits. The likes of Lugar, Kennedy, Biden, Kerry, etc., etc.,etc. have had a free ride for way too many years. Hold on to your asses guys, it's only gonna get worse with the "Messiahs" so called stimulus package. Guess who is gonna pay for this crap, "We The People" are.

I've got to change the subject. I get so pissed off at these morons that it makes my blood boil!

Panama

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jul 13, 2008
    Racing Capital
    Lugar is a poster child as to why these jackasses should have term limits. The likes of Lugar, Kennedy, Biden, Kerry, etc., etc.,etc. have had a free ride for way too many years. Hold on to your asses guys, it's only gonna get worse with the "Messiahs" so called stimulus package. Guess who is gonna pay for this crap, "We The People" are.

I've got to change the subject. I get so pissed off at these morons that it makes my blood boil!

AMEN!
    Your gettin' rep'd for that, I agree 100%!

Annie Oakley

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Rural southern Indiana
    Two letters sent in two days time. Maybe a record for me. I know they really don't do much good but I end up feeling better. At least I feel a little better. With Lugar I always get a response, Bayh never acknowledges anything. I am so disgusted with the whole bunch of them......I offered to let him come live with me for a while to see how much fun it is to be an average American. Bet he would feel he was being abused. Wish he would take me up on it though!

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    1776Defend2ndAmend
    Top Bottom