• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • plowman766

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 18, 2010
    Huntington
    Anybody from around there I live about an hour and half away a buddy and I thought about going down there next week do thay have much used and are there prices decent ? thanks for any replys

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    Anybody from around there I live about an hour and half away a buddy and I thought about going down there next week do thay have much used and are there prices decent ? thanks for any replys

prices are not great, fred is unpleasant to say the least, most other staff is friendly, selection is amazing

Dewidmt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Mar 27, 2008
    South of the Muscatatuck
    Guy has a little bit of everything...lots of used...but he wants an arm and a leg for em'. I used to go there a lot when I lived in New Castle, but I don't think I ever bought a gun there.

Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I have been there a couple times, they have an amazing selection and I really haven't had any issues with the guys being grumpy. The prices are high though, I was in Muncie Friday on business and stopped in. They had the Taurus model 66 I wanted for about $50 more than I paid at ranger here in town.

thoffman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 18, 2010
    Muncie
    dont go there. if it was the last gun shop on earth i probably wouldnt go there. i hate that place. the prices are gander mountain prices. and they wont come down at all. not 1 penny, been there done that. i think 700 is a little much for a beat up m9 dont you?. fred is a douche, that place is a bad as don's.

Rating - 100%
    139   0   0
    Sep 3, 2010
    Mostly what they said. HUGE selection, but unpleasant people....generally even worse on the phone.

He has annual or semi-annual tent sales with some better prices.

Its like a gun show except imagine all the vendors actively trying Not to sell you a gun.

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    I went there once about 7 years ago or so. Prices were high and he was unpleasant. My buddy who took me there had warned me and he was right. The sad thing is that most of his customers probably have no idea there are better prices out there. Same goes for Gander Mountain, Dons Guns and PopGuns.

gohard43

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 16, 2010
    Northside Indy
    They are your good ol boys which I appreciate, but will never spend another penny in there...over priced to say the least but have a great selection. Up to you!!

mike4sigs

Master
    Rating - 94.7%
    36   2   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Southern Adams County
    Yep What everybody else has said but it is worth repeating ! IMO!

Grouchy staff to say the least!
    Big selection but over priced !

And to finalize my statement i have never heard of anybody getting a remotely good deal there!!

BoilerWes

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 2, 2010
    Pendleton
    For what its worth...

Yes Fred can be a little crotchety.

However, he as well as some of his other staff members can be very helpful.

You will not find a better selection in central Indiana. If you are looking for something Fred probably has it.

Prices are high. I have negotiated with Fred on several different guns and walked away with what I thought was a good deal. If there was no room for negotiating then I didn't buy it.

If you are the guy that wants to go in a shop, lean on the counter and bs about guns for an hour while handling ten different guns this is likely not the place for you.

chewmaize

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2010
    Like everyone else has said.....HUGE selection of new and used. But, his prices are like oil prices. $600 for a Bond is rediculas, and he won't barter at all.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    I have purchased 1 gun from Ludco.

It was a quick interaction, I knew what I wanted when I went
    in there but as far as being helpful or interested in the sale they left
    much to be desired. I wanted more gear to go along with
    the gun but I bought that elsewhere as I felt like I was asking
    too much of their time.
    :rolleyes:

I guess if you can all but ignore a customer you have more business than you need anyhow.

NIFT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    Seems most folks are piling on Fred and Ludco, but I have never found it as "hostile" as many say.

Regardless, I think anyone within reasonable driving distance should go there at least once. The place is a trip--more guns per square inch than I have ever seen, not a level place in the floor with some spots so soft it feels like you might fall through. The back wall stacked with God-knows-how-many- long guns is quite a sight as are multiple handguns hanging on multiple hooks hanging from multiple places all over the ceiling!

irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    I have been to Ludco a few times and I am like most others here with my opinion. The selection is huge but Fred is a real jerk to deal with and is a joke on transfer prices or trades on new guns. Honestly, I wouldn't waste my time and would go somewhere else that treats people with a little respect.

modelflyer2003

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2009
    Eastern Indiana
    If Ludco's had the only guns left I would learn to throw rocks. I went there to buy a Glock 26 with $700 in my pocket for a gun and some extras. All the guy would have had to do was act like he gave a crap and I would have bought it. As soon as I would put the gun on the counter he would it off, put it back in the case and walk away. I asked to see the Glock 27 and he said, "it's the same as the 26." there's just something about holding a gun to get the feel. No wonder he's been putting out commercials saying he's broke. My two cents. Never going back.

thoffman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 18, 2010
    Muncie
    Thats a total dick move imo.

why is that a dick move? fred is a dick. he deserves it. and with the highway robbery prices why wouldnt you do that.....it seems like just about everyone does that at gander mountain right? i would do the same thing, why pay 200 to 300 dollars more there, when you can get it online. treat people with respect and you get respect :twocents:

Top Bottom