• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kernal1984

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 15, 2012
    Scottsburg
    Just called to check the status of my LTCH since its been 2 months now and was informed im being denied:xmad:. I was told it was for lying on the application about being convicted in the past. Yes i have been arrested in the past but was never convicted. So before even filling the application out i went and spoke with a lawyer and showed them my IN background check and other related items from the 2 yrs i was in Florida(IN resident previously and currently). Both issues i had in the past were over 5 yrs ago. The application asked if i had been convicted which the lawyer decided i had not since the charges were dropped. Planning on appealing this but any suggestions/advice would be helpful.:cool:

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    LAWSUIT. If it asked about convictions, not arrests, and you were never convicted, and you truly are in the right, you might make a great case to pave the way for others who were wrongfully denied.

Kernal1984

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 15, 2012
    Scottsburg
    Instructions: 1.All questions must be answered. 2.THE INDIANA STATE POLICE IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR INCORRECT INFORMATION. 3.The applicant must visit his/her local law enforcement agency with payment to complete.

County of License:
    Blank.gif
    Name: LastFirstMiddleSuffixAlias Address: (line 2) City: State: ZIP code:

EMail:
    Date of Birth:
    WebResource.axd
    Sex: MaleFemale Height: Ft. In. Telephone number:

Weight: Lbs.

Build:
    Scars, Marks, or Tattoos: None Race: Hair Color: Eye Color: AMERICAN INDIAN OR ALASKAN ASIAN OR PACIFIC ISLANDER BLACK MULTI-RACIAL UNKNOWN WHITE BALD/UNKNOWNBLACK BLONDEBLUE BROWNGRAY GREENORANGE PINKPURPLE REDSANDY WHITE
    BLACKBLUE BROWNGRAY GREENHAZEL MAROONMULTICOLORED PINKUNKNOWN Employer/Business Occupation: Name: Address: City: State: ZIP code:

Place of Birth City: State:
    blank.gif
    Additional Questions Are you a U.S. Citizen? YesNo If non U.S. Citizen, enter your INS registration number: I have been a resident of Indiana from To Have you had a previous
    handgun license? YesNo Year:
    Previous License
    number: Has your handgun license ever been
    suspended/revoked? YesNo Year:
    State Charges: Have you ever been convicted of any
    misdemeanor or felony violation, including DUI? YesNo Charges: Have you ever been treated for psychiatric
    health care or an emotional or mental illness? YesNo a. Year of recent treatment: b. Submit documentation/recommendation from treating mental health professional or treatment center. Are you prohibited by court order from possessing a firearm? YesNo
    Type of Handgun License 4 Yr Hunt/Target $5 State Fee/$10 Local Agency Fee 4 Yr Pers Protect $30 State Fee/$10 Local Agency Fee Dealer's Personal Protection Permit - Fee Exempt Life Hunt/Target no Current Lic $25 State/$50 Local Fee Life Hunt/Target w/ Current Lic $20 State/$40 Local Fee Life Pers Protect no Current License $75 State/$50 Local Life Pers Protect w/ Current License $60 State/$40 Local Retired Corrections Officer - Fee Exempt Retired Police Officer - Fee Exempt Mailing Address
    Same as Permit Address: Mailing Address: (line 2) City: State: ZIP code:

Kernal1984

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 15, 2012
    Scottsburg
    Yes it specifically says convictions.

Lawyers cost money and would have much rather just got my LTCH.

Person i spoke with on the phone told me to wait for their letter of denial to respond but he said it may be another month before i receive that:(

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    maybe have your attorney call the LEO?

That sucks man!

Attorney writes a letter first thing. Someone cannot read the language as written.

LAWSUIT. If it asked about convictions, not arrests, and you were never convicted, and you truly are in the right, you might make a great case to pave the way for others who were wrongfully denied.

This x 10.

Darral27

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Aug 13, 2011
    Elwood
    Just wait for the letter and send in the appeal. You will have to go to a hearing and bring all relevant information. It will add months to your wait. I think once you get denied by the state that is all you can do.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    Yes, by all means verify that Florida really doesn't have you listed as "convicted" or that the disposition of that case doesn't qualify as a conviction under Indiana law.

In Texas people get tripped up on their CHL applications because they have a "deferred adjudication" in their past. At the time they were told if they completed a probationary period, the charges would be dropped. However, under Texas CHL law, deferred adjudication still counts as a conviction despite what the lawyers and judge told them at the time of the incident. Of course I don't know if that's what happened in your case, but it is an example of why you should run down the details of that Florida incident.

Good luck.

Kernal1984

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 15, 2012
    Scottsburg
    If FL is reporting that you have a conviction, that you believe you don't, you need a lawyer for much more than the LTCH ..
    having a listed conviction can be bad for lots of things..

I received a letter from FL stating that i had no convictions and had not lost my rights regarding the legal issue i had while there, which is what i was waiting on so i could apply for my LTCH.

Little background:

IN background: Wrong place at wrong time while in possession of a leafy green substance(charges dropped) approx 10 yrs ago. Charges dropped upon successful completion of probation.

FL background: Young and stupid with a fast motorcycle(AKA fleeing and eluding which is a felony charge in FL) approx 7 yrs ago. Charges dropped upon successful completion of probation and several thousand dollars to Florida corrections after a 5 yr monitoring period in which i had no other issues hence the letter i received.

So I'm hoping a hearing with the proper paper work will clear things up but if that don't work I may be in need of a lawyer:dunno:

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Hate to say it, but you were convicted, even if the charges were dropped after completion of probation. That's exactly how ISP is reading it. You went to court and were found guilty and had a penalty imposed upon you. That's all ISP sees. You may win on appeal, but I have a feeling it's going to cost you.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    1776Defend2ndAmend
    Top Bottom