• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rcdouble2

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 27, 2012
    Question: Would there be an issue with carrying a copy of a LTCH versus the orginal if asked to produce it? My orginal, which is a life time permit, is stored in my fire safe for safe keeping. I make a copy to carry with me at all times, when it becomes frayed, I just make a new copy. Just wondering if this is this acceptable? Comments greatly appreciated!! :dunno:

kludge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    this has been discussed many times...

One lawyer's opinion...

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...efense/108128-copy_of_ltch-2.html#post1284120

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...efense/108128-copy_of_ltch-2.html#post1288406

His opinion has something to do with trying to pass off a copy as a legal document. If it's not on pink paper it's kind of obvious that you're not trying to do that.

My BIG beef with the pink paper is that once you laminate it doesn't fit in the credit card slot... if only they made it just a little bit smaller...

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    My BIG beef with the pink paper is that once you laminate it doesn't fit in the credit card slot... if only they made it just a little bit smaller...

When I copied mine, I reduced it to 90%. Then the laminate made it exactly the right size.

I think a lot of the previous conversation was based on the old wording of the law. In the newer version, you can't carry "without being licensed under this chapter to carry a handgun." You don't need to POSSESS a license, just BE licensed.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Bengineer
    Top Bottom