• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • malachi_s

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 30, 2010
    North Central Indian
    I apologise if this has already been answered previously, I couldn't find any references through the search. My neighbor approached me the other day and mentioned that he had noticed that I sometimes carry a gun. Well, he only sees it sometimes, I carry all the time, anyway, he asked me if I knew if he would be eligible to receive his license because when he was 22 he had gotten a dui chrage against him. He is in his 40's now and since I have known him, he has been an alright guy. I say that because I see him keep his yard cut and neat, and I don't see him drinking out on the front porch or anything like that but I don't hang out with the guy. So my question is, does getting a dui disqualify you from getting thier LTCH?

deerslayer13

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 29, 2010
    indpls in
    no it doesnt just takes a little longer to get it in the mail. i hate to say it but i have had 2 my last one beeing 9 years ago . but i did get mine

JHAWK1980

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2009
    Indianapolis
    jsut if you do get one and drink from time to time make darn sure that you never plan on carring or drive while you been drinking

Or leave your door unlocked while passed out on the couch.

Hmm a good friend of min did that once, bet it won't happen again.

To the OP, it does not disqualify from getting a LTCH, but IMO drinking and guns don't mix well at all

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Yeah, but you're a rebel.:D

So my question is, does getting a dui disqualify you from getting thier LTCH?

It depends. OWIs come in many flavors? Misdemeanor? Felony? Is he still on probation?

Assuming arguendo that it was a misdemeanor OWI from 20 years ago, then the answer is no, it would not disqualify him.

malachi_s

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 30, 2010
    North Central Indian
    Ok, thanks guys for the replies. I'll pass it along. I agree whole heartedly, guns and alcohol don't mix. There is enough people steering 2 ton projectiles down the roads already after they have had a drink or three.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Valparaiso
    I was stupid (aka young and dumb) back in the day and got a DUI but it didn't deter me from getting mine. It was a misdemeanor.

If it was felony...he can forget it. You can't get one for any felony

JoshuaW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    South Bend, IN
    What is wrong with drinking on the front porch?

Nothing, as long as you are of age.

I think the OP was saying that the man isnt an obvious drunk. He may or may not still drink, but he doesnt advertise it, which would hopefully mean he would not get any other alcohol related charges. Doesnt really mean anything one way or another.

Sgt Rock

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    Avon, IN
    The DUI may not, in itself, disqualify you but if you've had TWO, most county prosecutors will make #2 a class D felony and that WILL disqualify you. at least it's that way in Hendricks County.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    most county prosecutors will make #2 a class D felony and that WILL disqualify you.
    Yes, prosecutors are the worst, but you are assuming:

1. That #2 is within five (5) years,

2. That it is entered as a felony and not a misdemeanor.

What is wrong with drinking on the front porch?
    Nothing, as long as you are of age.

Well, my neighborhood association may have some concerns.:D

Aren't home values dropping fast enough without people without shoes drinking on their front porches?

deerslayer13

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 29, 2010
    indpls in
    well even though i had 2 my first was at age 19 and only blew a .03 but was under age .And my 2nd one i was on a stiff probation and house arrest that if completed with no violations they would drop it from felony to misdemeamor . took right at 3 years . maybe i got lucky

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I think it is one of the considerations but a DUI will not disqualify you. They are concerned about habitual drunkeness with a history. Of course, some of us are just lucky. LOL

Top Bottom