• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hodgej1843

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    SOUTH SIDE INDY
    i noticed guns are staying on here a little longer compared to when i first joined INGO.even some of the nicer ones seem like they are not really selling.is it the economy?is it people are just content with what they have for now?also looks like people are starting to unload a lot of that ammo they stock piled for a few months.:twocents::ingo:

hotrodtba

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jun 4, 2008
    Ossian
    i noticed guns are staying on here a little longer compared to when i first joined INGO.even some of the nicer ones seem like they are not really selling.is it the economy?is it people are just content with what they have for now?also looks like people are starting to unload a lot of that ammo they stock piled for a few months.:twocents::ingo:

While I still think gun prices are high, demand is definitely down. I think the big buying frenzy is over. Ammo is still going like hotcakes. Glad I stocked up a while back.

blue2golf

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Evansville
    Judging by the Evansville Gun and Knife Show I attended this morning, the hysteria is running full force. SKS rifles for close to $400. .22 bulk packs for $30 (the guy running that table was oh so helpful. "Hey there, I got plenty of ammo here!" No sh!t, sherlock!.)

hotrodtba

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jun 4, 2008
    Ossian
    Judging by the Evansville Gun and Knife Show I attended this morning, the hysteria is running full force. SKS rifles for close to $400. .22 bulk packs for $30 (the guy running that table was oh so helpful. "Hey there, I got plenty of ammo here!" No sh!t, sherlock!.)

While asking prices are still high, people are not buying like they were 2 to 6 months ago.

farmboy365

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   1
    Dec 22, 2008
    NE Indiana
    people are not going to buy when people jack the price up out of site.I just found a guy on craigslist with primers for $10 per 100 :xmad: price gowger

cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south
    I'm still buying as much as I have been buying all year. That is to say, none. I prepared for prices to rise and availability to drop, cut back on my shooting, and haven't bought anything since November.

I am expecting ammo costs to drop a bit soon.

Wabatuckian

Smith-Sights.com
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    Wabash
    I've just sold guns that I got tired of feeding, and standardized on four calibers, instead of the six or so I was using before.

I use the savings to buy ammo for the guns I still have, and don't really miss the ones I've sold. They weren't being shot anyway.

Josh <><

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    I've just sold guns that I got tired of feeding, and standardized on four calibers, instead of the six or so I was using before.

I use the savings to buy ammo for the guns I still have, and don't really miss the ones I've sold. They weren't being shot anyway.

Josh <><

Pretty much the same here. Although I've built a few guns, they were all in my selected calibers. I'm down to 6 calibers. 22, 9mm, 45acp, 223/5.56, 6.5 Grendel and 308/7.62. The guns I've sold are not missed at all. The guns I've kept are probably going to be kept for a very long time. I did sell one AR15, but only because it was essentially a duplicate of another so again, no loss.

I see very high demand for ammo, for lower parts kits and for AR uppers. Selected AR lower parts (some of the specialized grips and stocks) are also still in demand but not as high as it was, and also there are multiple choices so demand is spread out over various brands. Magazines and lowers are now getting easier to find.

Pistols, especially compact and sub-compact seem to be in high demand, with full size guns sitting in the stores I visit. While the 380 ammo is non-existent, the (Kel Tec & Ruger) 380 guns seem to be flying off the shelves. I'm not seeing many Glock 19/20 or 26/27 pistols sitting around, again those seem to be selling, or maybe they are just not shipping from Glock because I simply don't see them. Also modest priced/reasonable quality compacts like the Taurus PT111/140 and 145 series guns seem very scarce and in demand, probably because of their low price, small size, capacity and reasonable quality. I think the national trend for people to buy guns for concealed carry is probably driving the market for many of the light weight modest priced compact pistols.

:twocents:

mettle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    central southern IN
    It's time to get a .22 conversion to mimic everything I own. Need/want the trigger time and drill time, but can't seem to keep enough on hand to shoot the full size all of the time.

So... I'll shoot the .22 for practice and skill maintaining and put on the full size when I want to time myself and subject myself to the recoil difference.

I think everyone should start looking into this.

IN_Varmntr

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    DeKalb County
    people are not going to buy when people jack the price up out of site.I just found a guy on craigslist with primers for $10 per 100 :xmad: price gowger

Must have been the same guy at the Ft. Wayne gun show this weekend. 1k primers for $100. Not sure what they were, but I also saw a 5k case for $550.

:laugh:

JosephR

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    NW IN
    Hmm. I should sell all of my small rifle primers and big and small pistol primers and 300lbs of brass and 1000 SS109 pills (new, not pulled).

haldir

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2008
    Goshen
    I have noticed foot traffic at some of the local shops seems to be way down. Kind of back to the regulars from what I can see.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    The prices are still high ........ the days of the $400 yugo sks are not over yet.

I think they are taking a lot longer to sell now however. The panic buying
    and stated to ebb.

m4_dave

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 23, 2009
    North Central IN
    The consumers are driving up the prices of guns and ammo.Everyone thinks that our newley elected democratic government is going to re-instate the assault weapons ban.From what I have read they have no intention to do that at all.It was proven that gun crime didn't change at all after the ban.All this is just propaganda made up by dealers and distributers.Ammo has gone up be cause of the demand for it.The world is at war.Raw matrials used to make bullets is at a all time high cost. people are buying it up and distributers are limiting the amount that a person can buy.

ruger7722

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 1, 2008
    indy
    i said it was all bull crap from the beginning.the prices,i have too many options to believe in cheating people.i havent sold anything in awhile,maybe i will.i could have made a killing on ammo and other things of that nature.if i priced a gun for 200.00 no one looked twice,same gun from another would sell for 350.00 or more.i documented this and its funny how things work on internet,and got to be in the real world.its cool being a hillbilly

Top Bottom