• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Stan

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2012
    Wanting to start coyote hunting and wanted to know if I really need a high priced rifle or can I use my scopes mossberg 500 that I use for deer hunting ?

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    Coyote's are going to kick your ass and then eat your face off unless you have an AR, Glock and a large knife on you. I also suggest a silver crucifix around your neck.

For me, I have hunted with a guy who really knows Coyotes and how to call them. One guy with a rifle, one guy with a shotgun and buckshot. He can bring them in close enough for either.

If I am alone, it is usually on a deer stand or just sitting on a hill or ridge with an AR or slug gun hunting something else and along comes Mr. Coyote. In these cases, they are always under 100 yards, even under 50 really, it is just luck. I understand their basic behaviors and habits, having been around them for 40 years now, but I am not a true Yote hunter or caller.

Find a mentor, hunt with him and mimic him. It is work but your gun will work, maybe alternate buckshot with slugs.

inrunner

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Huntington,IN
    Ive done little "yote" hunting but ive bagged a few with my 17hmr savage took them down at 250yards. unless you have dogs, its hit or miss where im at. good luck

hps

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 26, 2009
    The way i used to hunt'em was take ur dog (pet) and tie it to a tree, say 15 yds away and sit down in full camo, Ur dog will yelp and cry,move around like a wounded animal. Good camo and a 12 ga loaded with some good loads you'll kill all the yotes yo want. Just be ready!!

rebel357

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 18, 2010
    i believe if hunting alone it depends on what terrain youll be hunting. open areas=rifle woods or close areas=slug gun or buckshot

Top Bottom