• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • marcweid

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 29, 2012
    Avon, IN
    I am looking for several new toys for my collection. I am running out of ideas and shops to look at. I am looking for any thing that is just out of the ordinary. Also I am running out of shops to check out. I go to Bradis at least once a week to check for new items (they get 90% of my business). I would love to support site sponors if there are good options for what I am looking for. Also I am in Avon but I travel from Bloomington to Kokomo and to the state lines weekly since I do sales.

Basic info for suggestions:

Generally under $1000.00.
    Generally "black" style guns.
    Generally something not everyone has.
    I like odd calibers (again just to be different).
    Quality isn't the biggest issue since they hardly get shot (I have plenty of quality guns).
    I like stores with items on hand (I am very spontaneous) I don't like to special order.

Basically I like guns that people ask about and just don't see everyday.

Final note, not wanting to go class III just to much hassle for me. Hopefully someday.

Thanks for any and all ideas.

marcweid

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 29, 2012
    Avon, IN
    kel-tec KSG shotgun was reading about it online. looks pretty bad ass

The KSG is a great suggestion it is a very fun gun and great home defense. We keep one tube filled with buck and the other with slugs. Yor can switch back and forth with the flip of a switch. It is my wife's favorite (she thinks she looks tough) even though she hates the kick.

I know her finger shouldn't be on the trigger.:ugh::ugh:

ksg1.jpg

Bahbo

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 2, 2012
    Hanent seen any in any store in IN as I am not moving in until next week lol.

But the veprs I have handled, and they are very nice for an ak variant. The psl I have owned, and they are a neat dmr type rifle, they would be great as a deer rifle. The vz's get great reviews from the people I know that have them.

What about an M1 carbine?

Thanks,

Bahbo

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Generally under $1000.00.
    Generally "black" style guns.
    Generally something not everyone has.
    I like odd calibers (again just to be different).

On any of your recent visits, did you not see the Stag Arms 6.8SPC carbine for $899.95 in the back room? ;) How 'bout the VZ-2008, C93 or Arsenal SLR-106U pistol?

marcweid

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 29, 2012
    Avon, IN
    How about a Daewoo or Galil ?

Both are unique, inexpensive and shoot cheap ammo...
    And are not bad rifles either.

I have actually looked at a few of the Daewoo's at Bradis. I didn't know anything about them and just looked past it. I will have to take another look at them because I remember them being very inexpensive. For the Galil I know nothing about them but from what I just found online they seem really really up there in price ($3000.00+) unless I am looking at the wrong thing.

marcweid

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 29, 2012
    Avon, IN
    Why not build one to your liking(s)?

I have built a few and I am hoping to build a ar10 very soon. This is always my favorite option. I just don't have alot of time to build one right now. I think the wife feels neglected. If it was up to me I would spend my vacation doing this, instead we have to go to Flordia again.

On any of your recent visits, did you not see the Stag Arms 6.8SPC carbine for $899.95 in the back room? ;) How 'bout the VZ-2008, C93 or Arsenal SLR-106U pistol?

I will probably come by tomorrow and check out the VZ and C93. I think I saw the VZ the other day. If it is the one with the "particle board" stock, I am sure we can change that. As for the stag I would love it but really trying to hold off on more ar variants (except an AR10) and the Arsenal is almost the same as my draco now that it has a new hand gaurd. I would still love it though . I was hoping to pick up the mak-90 / mac-90 (not sure) that you had about two weeks ago but when I came to get it the next day it was gone.

Thanks everyone for the input. This gives me several options to think about.

It looks like Bradis will once again get my money.:yesway:

Iroquois

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2011
    Ever thought about collecting obsolete foreign military rifles. You can find the at gun show and gun shops all over. They usually have oddball ammo. You could display them
    if they're nice enough, 'cause if the neighbor hood thug steals them, he'll have a hard time finding ammo.

Ljungman

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Lake Superior
    i bought a vz2008 from century...stop laughing...I did. Its a rage machine. It functions flawlessly and tried everything i could to stop it...no luck. It runs great shoots much better than any ak and is more accurate than any of my stamped aks..bolt hold open on last round and is definitely an odd duck. Also if you dig a little you can find a 8MM Hakim. that..is an odd one for sure and fun to shoot as well. The gun is extra heavy so it sucks up the 8mm recoil.
    Bradis has VZ2008 for 420.00

marcweid

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 29, 2012
    Avon, IN
    Ever thought about collecting obsolete foreign military rifles. You can find the at gun show and gun shops all over. They usually have oddball ammo. You could display them
    if they're nice enough, 'cause if the neighbor hood thug steals them, he'll have a hard time finding ammo.

I have actually thought alot about this. My only concern is my lack of knowledge about these guns. I am afraid I would buy something that isn't what it is advertised to be. I also really want a civil war gun. I really don't care if it is functional just think it would be amazing to own one, again afraid I will buy something that is just old and not civil war. I have to learn more so that I can make a purchase quickly if need be.

i bought a vz2008 from century...stop laughing...I did. Its a rage machine. It functions flawlessly and tried everything i could to stop it...no luck. It runs great shoots much better than any ak and is more accurate than any of my stamped aks..bolt hold open on last round and is definitely an odd duck. Also if you dig a little you can find a 8MM Hakim. that..is an odd one for sure and fun to shoot as well. The gun is extra heavy so it sucks up the 8mm recoil.
    Bradis has VZ2008 for 420.00

After two good reviews on the VZ I think I will pick one up. Did you get the folding stock or wood stock? The Hakim sounds good also. There is one on armslist for around $600.00 right now. This is another one I have never heard of so it is going on my list.

marcweid

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 29, 2012
    Avon, IN
    Went Bradis today and picked up a VZ today. Well actually I was put on hold for the first time in several years. About an hour later they called and saide I was good to go. So I will be picking it up tomorrow. First thing will be order new furniture for it. Current stuff makes gun look cheap. Everything else looks really nice. If anyone has anymore ideas I am totally open to them always looking for more.

Thanks everyone for your ideas.:yesway:

marcweid

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 29, 2012
    Avon, IN
    PPS 43 in 7.62 x25 tokarev:
    Odd caliber? check.
    "Black rifle"? Sort of.
    No one else has it? Big check

PPS43-s.jpg

I actually just bought one about 2 months ago. Bradis had one on the wall behind the counter and when I went in to buy it it the next day it was gone. I then found one on Armslist a couple days later. There is a company that will convert it back to a true folding stock for pretty cheap but then I have to go NFA. Would be cool but not ready to do that yet. I haven't even shot it yet but need to since I can shoot it at MCFG.

Top Bottom