Looking for AR-15 Bolt Carrier? What about this?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    129   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Anyone heard of Phase 5 Tactical? I just got off the phone with them (I looked up their phone number through the FFL registry) and they said they make them right there and have "tons" (their words not mine) in stock because they just finished another run.

Price is $150 for an electroless nickel coated BC with gas key screws only. You'll need the bolt, key, cam pin, etc. to make a complete BCG. The Phase 5 Tactical logo is laser engraved if you're wondering what is splashed all over the bolt carrier.

The guy I talked to was pretty cool and said they are only in the business of making the bolt carrier itself and are not set up to do the bolt, etc. Their number is (916) 787-4273.

Here is the web link to the product page:

http://www.phase5tactical.com/produ...-carrier-stripped-en-electroless-nickel-bc-en-

I'm not sure finding the stuff to finish the BCG would be any easier than finding a complete BCG so I'm holding off for now. What do you guys think?

merchaar

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2013
    Terre Haute
    I've heard good things about Phase 5. They are a smaller company and from what I've heard have great customer serrvice.

They are carried by Brownells and MidwayUSA, for what its worth...

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Looks a little steep for me. You don't even get the gas key? For $150 I would think it should be a complete carrier GROUP, not just a bare carrier.

I realize prices have gone up, but they're asking $1 more for a stripped bolt carrier alone than they are for a stripped lower receiver?

To each his own, but I think I'll pass. That said, I'm in no hurry for parts. I have fully functional AR's now, and parts to make another(just waiting on a barrel), plus lower parts to make still another.

If it were me, and I was not in a hurry, I would wait a while for prices to stabilize again.

verv

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2012
    That sounds pretty good. I ordered a complete upper from Rguns and i havent heard anything in almost 2 months from them and their customer service sucks all the way. On their website it showed they were in stock and the only communication i have is the email i received when i ordered it. Deffinately go with a company that you can talk to someone and they treat you like they want your business.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    That sounds pretty good. I ordered a complete upper from Rguns and i havent heard anything in almost 2 months from them and their customer service sucks all the way. On their website it showed they were in stock and the only communication i have is the email i received when i ordered it. Deffinately go with a company that you can talk to someone and they treat you like they want your business.

They're all about the same right now. No-one will answer their phones or emails.
    I've been trying for weeks to contact someone at Model 1 sales, no answer. I HAD been trying for MONTHS to get someone to answer my calls or emails from Galati International, but I gave up on them.

Lunati

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Warsaw
    Ok here is what I did to get a BCG. Use FireFox as a broswer, search the add on's for page change notifications. Load major sites such as BCM, PSA, LMT, Spikes, etc. once the page changes to in stock it will notify you. Then BAM you order! Simple, just takes some attention.

Lunati

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Warsaw

RGun's has been notorious for this, good luck cancelling your order with a $100 cancel fee. That should have warned you off the bat.

-Rogue-

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    Fort Wayne

Sounds like an R-Guns problem rather than a Phase-5 problem.

As soon as you go through a distributor, your ability to communicate with the OEM is pretty much dead since they only receive bulk orders from distributors.

SecondhandSnake

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2013
    Ok here is what I did to get a BCG. Use FireFox as a broswer, search the add on's for page change notifications. Load major sites such as BCM, PSA, LMT, Spikes, etc. once the page changes to in stock it will notify you. Then BAM you order! Simple, just takes some attention.

I was wondering how people seemed to be watching certain sites like a hawk at all times.

Thanks.

762minigun

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Indianapolis SS BG

This!!! :rockwoot:

If youre not a fan of having logo's plastered all over the bolt carrier Phase 5 Tactical is not for you. They tat them up something fierce.

Imeagher

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Ar15.com has a 260 page thread on in stock bcg, people post available carriers and bolts daily. Just have to filter through the usual bs.

Lunati

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Warsaw
    Ar15.com has a 260 page thread on in stock bcg, people post available carriers and bolts daily. Just have to filter through the usual bs.

And most are out of stock before you even click on the link, my method above is your best chance on getting one.

Top Bottom