• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    Ok. I haven't been to the dentist since my separation from the Corps, so it's been a little while.

My wife spent a bit of time and money on some work with one last year, but they weren't the most reliable/honest of businesses. Tried to sell her on considerable amount of additional work they said was necessary, but after talking to others it turns out the work was very unecessary.

We looked into a dentist that was recommended by a family friend, but they aren't in "our network." :(

So, anybody in the Avon/Plainfield/west side of town that can recommend a good and trustworthy dentist in the area?

bobbittle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 19, 2011
    West side
    My wife goes to Gentle Dentist in Avon and would recommend 100%.

I go to an older dentist in Greencastle. Dr Oliver. Would recommend him 100% but that may be a bit of a drive for you. :D

Vince49

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 13, 2010
    Indy urban west.
    Dr. John Blazic

I have known him since we were five or six years old (we were classmates in grade-school and high-school). He is an excellent and very experienced Dentist as well as a all around fine gentleman. He also has a great sense of humor and is as honest as the day is long! :)

N8RV

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 8, 2012
    Peoria
    I don't know anyone offhand whose office is in that area, but I could find out for you.

Just know that "in network" is good for saving you money, but doesn't always include the best dentists. Quite often, the insurance company network providers are the dental chain offices, usually stocked with the equivalent of dental slave labor -- young docs right out of school, with a lot of bills to pay. Sounds like your wife has already been there, done that.

The Indy dental market is vastly different from up north. It could be that a lot of good dentists are in-network down there. However, up in this area, most offices worth visiting are NOT in anyone's network -- sadly, that is changing.

RandyMarlar

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Zionsville
    Dr. Ron Wines 1635 Hawthorne Dr, Plainfield · (317) 839-8191 Wonderful dentist, Revolutionary War buff and all around great guy. My children all loved him growing up and he will go to great lengths to explain your options and why he recommends what he does.

sharkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2009
    Hognuts' Liberal ****hole
    He said trustworthy

Yeah, sometimes you can tell just by LOOKING at someone.

500full.jpg

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    Can you really trust a dentist that isn't smart enough to avoid using his office email as his INGO username? :):

I personally know Tim Williams Plainfield Family Dental PC, Plainfield, Indiana

It has been years, but character wise I'd vouch for him. Any of the others in that area I simply don't know. May be great, but I don't know.

N8RV had a great breakdown of the "on the list" dynamic. Dental is a lot different than medical in that regard. It seems like most all MD offices sign up to every list that comes across their desk.

Kidd, my office is in Frankfort. When you get to my house, you are half way there. :) I appreciate the thought but that isn't a practical commute. :yesway:

While I'm on it. IMO the hall of fame dentists in northern indy:
    Zionsville Dr. Kevin Spees, DDS | Family Dentist | Zionsville, IN 46077
    Keystone exit North side of 465 Keystone Dentistry
    Same ish location as above but periodontise/ implants Welcome - Dr Jay R Beagle DDS MSD - Periodontics and dental Implant Surgery - Periodontist, Periodontal Surgery, Straumann Implants, Implants, Tooth Implants, Dental Implant Surgery, Osseous Surgery, Frenectomy, Periodontal Disease
    North East WMP Cosmetic, Family, Sedation Dentistry

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    Gentle Dentist tried to rip us off.

I've seen Dr Krauss on 10th St/Country Club for almost 15 years.
    Krauss was actually my first choice, but out of network. A friend of mine went there who's now in reserves and when the Dr. found out the military wasn't paying for his work he comped his visit. I thought that was such a stand up thing to do I was going to take my wife and our business to him, plus others have recommended him for a few reasons.

If we decide to go out of network he'll probably be our first choice.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    This thread made me think you were looking for a dentist that wouldn't molest you while you were under sedation.

Top Bottom