• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hadley1987

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2012
    Warrick County, IN
    Each year I add one more to my toys, I love knives but my husband only tolerates me buying one a year. Right now I am having a hard time choosing and picking so I would like some ideas or advice, to keep it easy I'll post a few of my faves so that you can see my preference. Hopefully this works.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.ne...9631063214_1631280978_2441818_486897340_n.jpg
    This one is the newest addition, 9 inch blade.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.ne...631943236_1631280978_2441820_1323089089_n.jpg
    Still a favorite

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.ne...631383222_1631280978_2441819_2007659841_n.jpg
    Gifted to me from a friend.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.ne...632223243_1631280978_2441821_1989289222_n.jpg
    One I carry around with me all the time.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    The Ontario is a good bang for the buck, and so is that Buck Omni Hunter.

The Specwog looks like a modified Tom Brown tracker.

It's kind of hard what to suggest, you have everything from a hunter/skinner to a tactical on your list of "likes".

I guess we'll start with this, are you looking for a fixed blade or a folder?

Hadley1987

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2012
    Warrick County, IN
    The Ontario is a good bang for the buck, and so is that Buck Omni Hunter.

The Specwog looks like a modified Tom Brown tracker.

It's kind of hard what to suggest, you have everything from a hunter/skinner to a tactical on your list of "likes".

I guess we'll start with this, are you looking for a fixed blade or a folder?

This one I want as a fixed blade. Honestly I would love to get a Cold Steel Gurkha Kukri but it is way to out of my price range right now. I would like something close to the first image I posted.

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    you can find the new cold steel kukri's for something like 40 bucks. they aren't as nice as the gurkha's but still still. there are lots of options out there. what is your price range?

Hadley1987

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2012
    Warrick County, IN
    you can find the new cold steel kukri's for something like 40 bucks. they aren't as nice as the gurkha's but still still. there are lots of options out there. what is your price range?

Basically my husband said if I am going to be spending money on one knife a year, I better make it worth it so I am looking between $100 - $250 this time. My last one was around $85.00 I think, I don't like going under $50.00 if I can help it. Being a machinist, a designer and inventor of high quality weapon accessories and what not, my husband is very, VERY strict on what is considered a quality knife so I have to make sure my next choice is up to par with him :D

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    fox makes a solid knife and that's not a bad kukri. are you wanting a kukri or just a tactical looking big fixed blade :) there are lots of options out there for you in that price range. a big fixed blade that comes with a nice kydex sheath is the esee junglass. also check tops knives. they make some really nice blades for the money and one more I'm going to recommend is strider knives. they make some nice fixed blades. they will be right at the top of your price range though but well worth it.

Hadley1987

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2012
    Warrick County, IN
    fox makes a solid knife and that's not a bad kukri. are you wanting a kukri or just a tactical looking big fixed blade :) there are lots of options out there for you in that price range. a big fixed blade that comes with a nice kydex sheath is the esee junglass. also check tops knives. they make some really nice blades for the money and one more I'm going to recommend is strider knives. they make some nice fixed blades. they will be right at the top of your price range though but well worth it.

After doing some research, I definitely think my next knife is going to be a Kukri, I just don't know which brand, but I want the blade thickness around 3/8 of and inch for sure.

daspurlock

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 8, 2011
    What about a kabar fighting/ utility? great quality, Just ordered one from the knife lady they were great to work with.

Top Bottom