• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

DBLStack1911

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 26, 2011
    Well I'm from Warren county Indiana but now live in West Lafayete and I have been a firearm shooter for 25 years. I'm 30 years old and just got my LTCH less than a month ago. I'm carrying everywhere I can. I think I'm doing a pretty good job my wife has to ask if I'm carrying to know. I carry a full size Springfield 1911 double stack at about the 330 position. I have been practicing about everyday drawing/pulling hammer back/ and acquiring a target as smoothly as I can.

clt46910

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Akron Indiana
    Well I'm from Warren county Indiana but now live in West Lafayete and I have been a firearm shooter for 25 years. I'm 30 years old and just got my LTCH less than a month ago. I'm carrying everywhere I can. I think I'm doing a pretty good job my wife has to ask if I'm carrying to know. I carry a full size Springfield 1911 double stack at about the 330 position. I have been practicing about everyday drawing/pulling hammer back/ and acquiring a target as smoothly as I can.

Curious as to why you are pulling the hammer back instead of carrying it Locked and Cocked? Do you have one in the chamber?

DBLStack1911

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 26, 2011
    I do carry one in the chamber at all times. As for not carrying locked I feel more comfortable that way. When practicing I'm working on the draw with not having ammo in the gun incase my finger gets happy.

Last edited:

BDBHoover

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2011
    Northside Indianapolis
    :welcome: 2 :ingo:

Be sure that if you are conceal carrying you are practicing drawing from concealment.... if you open carry like alot of us do :D practice from OC but be sure your weapon is clear before quick drawing and acquiring a target.... I do the triple check and have practiced at the range 500+ hours of draw and double tap with my Glock 30 Good luck to you and welcome :D

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Welcome to INGO.

And please invest in some good training. Carrying your single-action pistol with the hammer down can be disastrous in an adrenaline-dumping "OhMyGodINeedMyGunRightNowThisIsReallyHappeningToMe" moment.

-J-

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom