Mar 4, 2009
    Delaware County
    A few of my toys.
    My M1 Garand.
    M1Garand001.jpg

My Mossberg 4x4
    214.jpg

210.jpg

And I don't seem to have any pictures of my M1 Carbine. But I'm not sure that would qualify as a long gun either.

pinshooter45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Mauser project getting rid of that commie finish

Finally had time to sit down and do the photo sharing thing, only two pix but haven't paid for the cadilac plan. This was a RC so historical value was not my concern. I just wanted to Keep the battle scars and give it the finnish it mght have had when it left the factory. The commie finish sucks, and I love a beautiful piece of wood. And I was very nervous messing around with a 60 year old piece of wood!
    http://i822.photobucket.cm/albums/zz145/pinshooter45/MAUSER PROJECT/RCMauser001.jpg

RCMauser006.jpg

RCMauser019.jpg

Last edited:

sgt.porter

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 20, 2010
    Deleware County
    picture.php

My JC Higgins 583.229 bolt action .22. Grandma cashed in her war bonds to buy this for Grandpa on their wedding day. Grandpa passed it on to my dad on his wedding day. Dad died 19 yrs ago (I was 11), and I never saw it again. Big surprise when grandpa gave it to me on my wedding day. He'd been hiding it all this time.
    It's been my never fail target/squirrel rifle and will be till the day my son gets married.

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    picture.php

My JC Higgins 583.229 bolt action .22. Grandma cashed in her war bonds to buy this for Grandpa on their wedding day. Grandpa passed it on to my dad on his wedding day. Dad died 19 yrs ago (I was 11), and I never saw it again. Big surprise when grandpa gave it to me on my wedding day. He'd been hiding it all this time.
    It's been my never fail target/squirrel rifle and will be till the day my son gets married.

That is an awesome story!

pinshooter45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    My process

Pinshooter- That looks very good. What did you use?
    First I did a lot of research on refinishing online. And then picked what I thought would work for me. First I used KLEAN STRIP chemical stripper to get rid of the commie varnish. I used three applications gently scraping the wood so as not to damage it. The last time I used coarse steel wool. Then I gently washed it with DAWN DISHWASHING detergent several times to get rid of any oil and grease, letting dry 24hrs in between to prevent warpage. I then gently sanded with 320, & 500 grit sandpaper just enough to get the "whiskers" off. Then I used a BIRCHWOOD CASEY refinnishing kit, diluting the walnut stain 50%. And used 000 steel wool in between coats till I got the color I liked, about 3 or 4. Then I rubbed in the TRU-OIL with my fingers, 24 hrs to dry, then 0000 steel wool in between the 4-5 coats. I also ordered repalcement capture screws and cleaning rod, which the Russians removed as unnessasary, so they could have the steel. I did this while I was disabled with Achilles tendon surgery, so I was able to take my time. I figure I have some where around 40 or so hours in this stock. Glad you like it, I am considering offering my refinishing services to those who would like their stocks refinnshed. Just haven't figured out how to price things or what kind of time frame for each stock. Also I may be looking at more surgery, this time on my left hand, wich would make it difficult to do this work for a while. :patriot:

Last edited:

Big Ed

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Bushmaster BAR-10

My latest acquisition, .308/7.62 Bushmaster BAR-10. Trigger work and new handguards.
    picture.php

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Nice pics, and glad the cat approves! :D

P.S. I think the SKS is "rifle" length. The paratroopers had a 16" bbl, and the front sight block/bayo lug was butted up against the gas block.

Either way, I like SKS's!:yesway:

Glock19Dude

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nice pics, and glad the cat approves! :D

P.S. I think the SKS is "rifle" length. The paratroopers had a 16" bbl, and the front sight block/bayo lug was butted up against the gas block.

Either way, I like SKS's!:yesway:

Thanks! I'm not 100% sure on the "paratrooper" part of it. That's what I was told when I bought it. I know it's Chinese though because of the Chinese lettering stamped into it. The person who had it before me chopped off the bayonette lug. I didn't realize this until AFTER I bought the bayonette! Partially my fault, I saw the bayonette at a gun show and just bought it along with a 30rd clip that doesn't fit it either. :dunno:

spainy79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Sullivan
    Thanks! I'm not 100% sure on the "paratrooper" part of it. That's what I was told when I bought it. I know it's Chinese though because of the Chinese lettering stamped into it. The person who had it before me chopped off the bayonette lug. I didn't realize this until AFTER I bought the bayonette! Partially my fault, I saw the bayonette at a gun show and just bought it along with a 30rd clip that doesn't fit it either. :dunno:

That sounds like when I bought AK mags for my Saiga because I was told by the guy selling them that they would fit; well they don't.:xmad:

spartan933

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2008
    Porter County
    My new (to me) Winchester Model 94 30-30

It's old. Needs a bit of work, but I am really excited. I have always wanted one, and now I have one. I picked it up tonight, and now I am watching the Searchers with John Wayne. I feel so proud to own this piece of Americana. :patriot:

picture.php

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    My new (to me) Winchester Model 94 30-30

It's old. Needs a bit of work, but I am really excited. I have always wanted one, and now I have one. I picked it up tonight, and now I am watching the Searchers with John Wayne. I feel so proud to own this piece of Americana. :patriot:

picture.php

That is the quitessential cowboy rifle. Looks great! :yesway:

spartan933

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2008
    Porter County
    That is the quitessential cowboy rifle. Looks great! :yesway:

Yep, that's why I wanted it, and always have. I just checked the serial number on it. It was made in 1958. I just need a manual and disassembly info and I am good to go. I am told that the Pre-1964 model 94s are not stamped and are forged steel. I like that. I am going to tinker around with this baby to clean it and get her nice and lubed.

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Yep, that's why I wanted it, and always have. I just checked the serial number on it. It was made in 1958. I just need a manual and disassembly info and I am good to go. I am told that the Pre-1964 model 94s are not stamped and are forged steel. I like that. I am going to tinker around with this baby to clean it and get her nice and lubed.

We've got a Marlin clone of the model 94. Sweet shooting gun. The 30-30 packs a punch, and that lever action is a sweet sound. Our marlin likes 150gr soft points.

Top Bottom