• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion
    This kinda goes with my previous topic but do any of you guys not have your magic pink piece of paper (that for some reason some leos think apply to long guns also) and OC your long guns? I am 18 and have done it once and have got to say it wastnt as bad as I thought it would be. I road my bike to the range and had one person honk and give me a thumbs up and the next day had a teacher that saw me and told me thanks for being a responsible gun owner.

IndyGunSafety

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Fishers, IN
    Sure. Here's a pic of me yesterday taken by the Indy Star at a MAIG event downtown. Cops everywhere and not one said a word to me. +1 to IMPD for that!

OCLonggun.jpg

Shadow8088

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2012
    come on! Didn't you see the guy's sign?!? Stop the gun violence!! it's clear to me that your AR was totally trying to strangle you with it's sling!

freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion
    He has an AR he dont need no sign.

I have been considering carry a long gun around but a lot of the LEOs think you need your LTCH to carry any kind of weapon. when i tell them that only applies to handguns they come up with all kinds of stupid arguments so i show them IC and:ugh:. I even had one tell me a handgun is a weapon that fits in the hand:n00b:. But I know the law and that I dont need my permit so i guess i dont have anything stopping me

GoNavy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013

I have been considering carry a long gun around but a lot of the LEOs think you need your LTCH to carry any kind of weapon. when i tell them that only applies to handguns they come up with all kinds of stupid arguments so i show them IC and:ugh:. I even had one tell me a handgun is a weapon that fits in the hand:n00b:. But I know the law and that I dont need my permit so i guess i dont have anything stopping me

I have carried a long gun at multiple rallies. I once was the first one there and no police even approached until there was a small group. All were carying. Never been asked for a LTCF

CPT Nervous

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    The Southern Bend

Have you applied for it yet? Are you just carrying long guns during the wait. I think carrying a long gun is a great idea. I commend you for it.

freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion
    I did the online application in August (turned 18 in end of july) but never had the time to go get finger printed with being a senior and working so i guess i have to reapply online.

so long guns are the best I can do now even after i get the ltch i will still try to have a long gun nearby . You hear all these people talk about a pistol being used to fight their way to a long gun but how many actually have a long gun nearby?

CPT Nervous

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    The Southern Bend
    I did the online application in August (turned 18 in end of july) but never had the time to go get finger printed with being a senior and working so i guess i have to reapply online.

so long guns are the best I can do now even after i get the ltch i will still try to have a long gun nearby . You hear all these people talk about a pistol being used to fight their way to a long gun but how many actually have a long gun nearby?

That's the line of logic I follow, my friend. I agree 100%. No need to fight your way to your rifle if you're carrying it.

freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion
    well I wouldn't have had to fight very far yesterday I went ahead and carried it with me as I was helping my mom went to the gas station, dollar store and the most dangerous place of all... Grandmas house

And I carried it on a single point sling

AndersonIN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 21, 2009
    Anderson, IN
    well I wouldn't have had to fight very far yesterday I went ahead and carried it with me as I was helping my mom went to the gas station, dollar store and the most dangerous place of all... Grandmas house

And I carried it on a single point sling

Hey don't kid yourself about Grandma! SHE WAS ONCE A 5 YEAR OLD GIRL!!! BEWARE!

jwh20

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 22, 2013
    Hamilton County Indi
    Sure. Here's a pic of me yesterday taken by the Indy Star at a MAIG event downtown. Cops everywhere and not one said a word to me. +1 to IMPD for that!

OCLonggun.jpg

It sure seems to me that you are doing your part to "Stop Gun Violence". The fact that you are there with your rifle means that in the event there is some would-be murderer or terrorist, that at least one person had the means to defend himself and others.

Good work!

I am ALL FOR stopping violence of all kinds, gun-related or otherwise. But getting rid of guns will only make the bad-guys job easier. Further, as we just saw in Boston, guns are hardly the only, or even the best, way to wreak havoc. Seems like the list keeps getting longer and now includes:

1) Pressure cookers, ball-bearings, and fireworks.
    2) Fertilizer and fuel-oil in Oklahoma City.
    3) Box cutters and jetliners on 9/11.

And I'm sure many others. The evil-mind knows no boundaries!

freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion
    Well I didn't leave my property today (except for school) but still had a .22 rifle hanging from my back. I stood in the garage running the metal lathe with the overhead door open and i had a weird feeling so i turn around and look and there is some woman standing on the sidewalk just outside the door staring at me:popcorn:. So I gave her a nod and went back to work and directed all my thoughts to the lathe and the part i was turning and about a minute later i heard something so i look back and she is still there:shady: (in my mind a really high pitched voice is screaming CREEPER) I said "you say something?" and she said "is that a real gun?" And i said "yes ma'am it is" and she says "do you have a permit for that?" and i reply "well i am on my own property and indiana does not issue permits for rifles or shotguns so I am perfectly legal" and she says "huh well i bet it scares some people".

so that was my first encounter with someone who doesn't approve of OC

freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion
    Actually after she walked away the first thing i thought was i should have said unless you are a criminal then you have no need to be afraid

Also i have a question if i am stopped by the police for carrying my long gun and they ask for ID do i have to give it to them? and if so does it have to be photo ID? the state police dont seem to want to answer my questions anymore and i forgot to ask my crim. justice instructor

Mosinguy

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    North Dakota soon...
    Also i have a question if i am stopped by the police for carrying my long gun and they ask for ID do i have to give it to them? and if so does it have to be photo ID? the state police dont seem to want to answer my questions anymore and i forgot to ask my crim. justice instructor

I'm not a lawyer, but since carrying a handgun is illegal without a license they have to see your pink slip. Since carrying a long gun isn't illegal in any way, shape, or form I'd think you didn't have to. However consult a real lawyer, I'm only 17. But from what I understand no, you do not have to show ID for long gun carry.

Burnsy

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2012
    NW Indiana
    Actually after she walked away the first thing i thought was i should have said unless you are a criminal then you have no need to be afraid

If you are driving a vehicle you need to provide your drivers license if pulled over and it's requested. If you are not driving, no physical ID is required.

Top Bottom