• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    If you are driving a vehicle you need to provide your drivers license if pulled over and it's requested. If you are not driving, no physical ID is required.

As long as you are not suspected of committing an infraction or ordinance violation.

Short version: if the police are only talking to you because of your rifle, no you do not have to show ID or tell them anything. (These arguments always seem to pop up in the springtime. gotta love Spring Fever!)

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    As long as you are not suspected of committing an infraction or ordinance violation.

Short version: if the police are only talking to you because of your rifle, no you do not have to show ID or tell them anything. (These arguments always seem to pop up in the springtime. gotta love Spring Fever!)

Careful with this advice OP...He's a plant.

:):

freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion
    I have been thinking since I am very pro law enforement and have a great deal of respect for LEOs that I might email the police chief (Gilbert) and the sheriff (Himelick) and notify them of the fact that I carry a rifle on ocassion. What do you guys think yay or nay?

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    ...I even had one {LEO} tell me a handgun is a weapon that fits in the hand...

If this is true (and I have no reason to doubt freekforge) that cop doesn't 'need to be educated'. That cop needs to be terminated. As is fired, kicked to the curb, vamoosed, 86'd.

Any cop that stupid has no business on a police force, period. My lady has a term she invented for that - "moronicity".

And yes, I AM sticking up for fellow LEO's in that statement. A cop that clueless makes all cops look bad.

Top Bottom